• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1549 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Red Rick said:
So. Any idea or rumors what Vuelta prep is gonna look like? I think this time he actually has time to ride a race.
Would be nice if he rides Burgos...I dont see any other race as a possibility.

Im more interested in his post vuelta schedule.I really want Milano-Torino and il Lombardia :)
Yeah it was really cool when he won Milano-Torino in 2012.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Kokoso said:
ninjadriver said:
Kokoso said:
I heard repeated interviews, including with the DS of Tinkoff on The Telegraph Cycling Podcast, that Kreuziger expressly went against team orders, not that he was unaware of team orders.

And obviously I don't go back and read every single post. I was replying to the post of yours to which I applied. Obviously.
I've heard that too. But the team orders were given by radio. Of course Kreuziger did not hear them when radio was not working. I've heard expressively Kreuziger saying that radio wasn't working and you probably too. So what now?

Kokoso: Once again, "I heard repeated interviews, including with the DS of Tinkoff on The Telegraph Cycling Podcast, that Kreuziger expressly went against team orders, not that he was unaware of team orders."

The DS and another Tinkoff representative stated on the podcast that Kreuziger received the message and went AGAINST team orders. Both men then spoke after the stage that day with Kreuziger to set him straight.

I heard that directly from the DS' mouth. Feel free to download the relevant The Telegraph podcast on which the interview appears.

Red Rick said:
roundabout said:
Red Rick said:
So. Any idea or rumors what Vuelta prep is gonna look like? I think this time he actually has time to ride a race.

the team calendar looks a little thin

http://www.tinkoffteam.com/calendar-2016/

Well that sucks. No option of making changes to that schedule I guess. Norway seems kinda late.

If Contador said he wanted to ride Burgos, I don't think he would want to do that tho (I guess he is looking at the 14 approach), wouldn't it be quite easy to get 5 riders to go alongside him? Surely the organisers would welcome Tinkoff then, unless there are some rules preventing late entry teams.

Electress said:
So, Alberto basically raced for over 1000 km or whatever with torn calf muscles/hamstring injuries? Good God, these pro-riders are made of something else. But soft tissue injuries can take longer than breaks to heal, so he's not out of the woods yet. I just hope he can heal in time for the Vuelta. The Olympics, I could honestly not give a toss about.
Yeah, now it makes sense that he could barely use his left leg. Hope he heals quickly, 2 weeks complete rest doesn't sound good.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Team Tinkoff crashes the Tour of Utah!!!!

Contador storms into Snowbird to take the overall title in America's Toughest Stage Race!!!

You heard it here first!

P.S. Please don't wake me, this dream is too good...

LaFlorecita said:
Electress said:
So, Alberto basically raced for over 1000 km or whatever with torn calf muscles/hamstring injuries? Good God, these pro-riders are made of something else. But soft tissue injuries can take longer than breaks to heal, so he's not out of the woods yet. I just hope he can heal in time for the Vuelta. The Olympics, I could honestly not give a toss about.
Yeah, now it makes sense that he could barely use his left leg. Hope he heals quickly, 2 weeks complete rest doesn't sound good.

How much rest time did he have to endure 2 years ago? Wasn't it also about 2 weeks?

lenric said:
LaFlorecita said:
Electress said:

How much rest time did he have to endure 2 years ago? Wasn't it also about 2 weeks?
Yes.
But he was on his bike again after 5 days :D

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
LaFlorecita said:
Electress said:

Yes.
But he was on his bike again after 5 days :D

Yeah but he had to stop ad have his knee reopened and cleaned out. I hope he just stays off it for the full 2 weeks or it can just get worse :(

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
roundabout said:
Red Rick said:

the team calendar looks a little thin

http://www.tinkoffteam.com/calendar-2016/

Well that sucks. No option of making changes to that schedule I guess. Norway seems kinda late.

If Contador said he wanted to ride Burgos, I don't think he would want to do that tho (I guess he is looking at the 14 approach), wouldn't it be quite easy to get 5 riders to go alongside him? Surely the organisers would welcome Tinkoff then, unless there are some rules preventing late entry teams.

If it meant Contador leading a team there, the organisers would happily arrange to have some Conti team that's already signed up kidnapped to make room.

Hum, ok.
A couple of years ago I suffered a torn muscle in my lumbar area and it has never healed correctly, so once in a while it screws me.
My physiotherapist told me that soft tissue injuries take more time to heal than bone fractures and there's a high probability that it won't heal 100% correctly and it becomes a chronic injury. Mainly because when bones heal, they become stronger. But when soft tissue heals they become less strong and more prone to injury.

LaFlorecita said:
Electress said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it sounds like he has not helped things by continuing for as long as he did. Hope he is fit for the Vuelta.

Beech Mtn said:
jyhjyh said:
perico said:
Official. Interesting that there is another mystery rider undisclosed included.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-signs-with-trek-segafredo-on-tour-de-france-rest-day/

Could be Michael Valgren.
He told to Danish TV2 'I have almost signed a contract with a big team,
where I will be allowed my own chance'

It's my guess that Valgren will go to Sky.

Bert's mystery second rider: I believe it will be Dani Navarro.

That's my hope.

Re:

lenric said:
Hum, ok.
A couple of years ago I suffered a torn muscle in my lumbar area and it has never healed correctly, so once in a while it screws me.
My physiotherapist told me that soft tissue injuries take more time to heal than bone fractures and there's a high probability that it won't heal 100% correctly and it becomes a chronic injury. Mainly because when bones heal, they become stronger. But when soft tissue heals they become less strong and more prone to injury.
No they don't. Just have to be careful with them and build them up over a relativley short period of time. Change your physio. Or stop trolling. Your choice.

ferryman said:
lenric said:
Hum, ok.
No they don't. Just have to be careful with them and build them up over a relativley short period of time. Change your physio. Or stop trolling. Your choice.

I wasn't talking only about muscle injuries. By the way, by reading this link (http://drnarson.com/blog/b_26569_why_a_soft_tissue_injury_can_be_worse_than_a_broken_bone.html), particularly the ending, you'll realize my physio wasn't wrong (particularly because in my post there wasn't "they don't completely heal. Period"). Moreover, their treatment can be way costlier and harder than the one for a bone fracture. A severe one. Other than that, take your own conclusions.

On the other hand, about the hypothetical trolling accusation, was I right to laugh? I'm asking you this, because an administrator should treat the rest of the forum cordially (=/= from friendly), yet that wasn't what transpired from your post. And since I wasn't trolling, you can turn your accusations elsewhere.

ILovecycling said:
Red Rick said:
Would be nice if he rides Burgos...I dont see any other race as a possibility.

Im more interested in his post vuelta schedule.I really want Milano-Torino and il Lombardia :)

Lombardia ends in Bergamo this year, so the path is bad and he would have no chance.
It should be the same path in 2014

2692_2014-direttaciclismo---il-lombardia--altimetria.jpg

ferryman said:
lenric said:
Hum, ok.

I don't think Lenric was trolling, just giving his opinion on an injury he'd done kind of similar to Alberto's and the professional advice he received.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

ninjadriver said:
Once again, "I heard repeated interviews, including with the DS of Tinkoff on The Telegraph Cycling Podcast, that Kreuziger expressly went against team orders, not that he was unaware of team orders."

The DS and another Tinkoff representative stated on the podcast that Kreuziger received the message and went AGAINST team orders. Both men then spoke after the stage that day with Kreuziger to set him straight.

I heard that directly from the DS' mouth. Feel free to download the relevant The Telegraph podcast on which the interview appears.
If you thihnk that I don't believe you, that's not the case.
Once again, I heard interview with Kreuziger where he explicitly said he did not hear team orders because radio was not working. I heard that directly from Kreuziger's mouth.

Edit: anyway it is not important so much what is or what is not truth, Contador clearly wasn't in competitive state. For me much more important is, that to call out Kreuziger (agaisnt his word) in this situation made no sense, neither by DS nor by Contador and it was low act. Contador lost my respect. At the end, if Kreuziger really disobeyed, we know now that he was right.

In other words, drowning Contador lacking self-criticism was going to pull Kreuziger down to the depth with him. If Kreuziger disobeyed, he made right choice.
It's possible that Contador was pretty piss** off because of second stage where team went for Sagan and not for him (which was only logical decision) with Kreuziger being one of the main domestiques working for Sagan there.

TRENDING THREADS