• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andre Cardoso positive for EPO

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Bronstein said:
LaFlorecita said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:
...how many of the riders riding the tour commented along the lines of.............

'glad cardoso has been kicked out............now we can get on with a clean race...'

Mark L
Hopefully none. I don't like hypocrites.
It had to be Cardoso's teammate De Kort.. Key quote:

"I really believe that 99 per cent of the bunch is clean now. I know Tom Dumoulin really well and if he can win the Giro then cycling has cleaned up. Obviously there are still some guys hanging around that don’t know, can't change or whatever. Hopefully they'll get worked out of the sport, but if [Cardoso]'s really taken EPO then I hope I'll never see him again."

:eek:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-kort-taking-epo-is-ridiculous-its-just-so-stupid/
:eek: !
So what is his opinion on Berto then I wonder

V5fIhiB.jpg

Contador good doper, Cardoso bad doper.

Cardoso too big a doso ?

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
If it's true, it makes you wonder. Was his sample tampered with? Did the UCI mean to send a message to Contador to "back off, we're watching"?
The difference between Contador's Tour shape and Vuelta shape is immense.

I said the same here at the time of the positive A test. The UCI does work in strange ways and it looks Froome will get his 5 Tour wins and we can’t have Contador spoiling that.

thehog said:
LaFlorecita said:
If it's true, it makes you wonder. Was his sample tampered with? Did the UCI mean to send a message to Contador to "back off, we're watching"?
The difference between Contador's Tour shape and Vuelta shape is immense.

I said the same here at the time of the positive A test. The UCI does work in strange ways and it looks Froome will get his 5 Tour wins and we can’t have Contador spoiling that.

I mean you can't rule out anything considering how corrupt UCI is (remember Mayo getting the call?), but until proven i still consider it as unlikely.

Echoes said:
I'm pretty sure that De Kort still means what he said now while Moscon apologised (by himself) right after the incident. Regretting is a sign of intelligence not of a$$holism...
It's a sign of capacity for learning from your mistakes, not necessarily of intelligence, because avoiding such a reprehensible faux-pas is something most people would take for granted. Clearly Moscon had more to learn than most about what is and isn't acceptable.

Your point about regret vs. standing by your words/actions does raise an interesting point. If one considers an offence to be lesser, is it then worse to stand by a lesser offence, or to commit a greater offence and be repentant? It's an interesting judgement call. Personally, I consider Moscon's offence much greater than de Kort's, and therefore regretting his actions should be the very least we require from him, and does not therefore raise him above de Kort's level for picking and choosing who he is offended by and leaving Cardoso out to dry. But that's my personal opinion on the matter, and your mileage may vary.

Echoes said:
GuyIncognito said:
This, essentially. He apologized and then said to any journalist who would listen that there was no reason to apologize because he didn't do anything wrong.

Same as above. WRONG!

Thanks Donald but I think you might be pushing fake news :cool:

Asked if he had any regrets about what happened, Moscon said: "I didn't kill anyone and the accusations are not completely founded. But I'd prefer to not talk about it anymore."

"I've always had a lot of support from my colleagues; they knew it was something ridiculous. A lot of people cheered for me during the race," he explained.

TRENDING THREADS