Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Wvv

Jan 3, 2019

I find it a bit sad that there's such little response. Okay, I know the Tour de France is going on, but I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm or activity in this topic (since I visited this forum for a long time before finally creating an account). And the Belgian and Dutch jersey are quite significant, I believe.

Re:

Wvv said:

I find it a bit sad that there's such little response. Okay, I know the Tour de France is going on, but I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm or activity in this topic (since I visited this forum for a long time before finally creating an account). And the Belgian and Dutch jersey are quite significant, I believe.

That looks good.

Rumor that the Spanish Champion's jersey is going back to the stripes around the jersey under the Movistar logo.

Re:

Wvv said:
You know what you're getting with both of those jerseys though. They're federations who actually bother to regulate it.

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Wvv said:
You know what you're getting with both of those jerseys though. They're federations who actually bother to regulate it.
Not well enough.

Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
Wvv said:
Not well enough.
At least he got a cool lion.

Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
Wvv said:
Not well enough.
I only remembered his FDJ kit. At least it changed quickly.

Maybe I'm old school but in recent years teams have absolutely butchered national jerseys for the sake of team branding. I like the jersey that is the traditional flag from the country. My favorite is the Belgium jersey/flag. But the French, Italian & Dutch jersey/flags are equally cool. Simple and iconic.

Call me old school, but the only people who were those horrible eyeglasses were character actors in bad 80s cop/action movies or unfortunate kids who needed vision correction and their parents didn't have great vision health care plans (no judgment, as an eyeglass wearer since I was a kid, I was always thankful I didn't have to chose glasses from the "fully covered" rack. Not judging families either, more the lack of decent health care coverage in the U.S.)

I wish he wouldn't wear those. I also wonder if they're prescription or just an "edgy" look. Either way, a friend should tell him they don't look good. And tell him that the cool people these days wear totally clear frames, like Granny wore when you were a kid!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts