• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

WildspokeJoe said:
Maybe I'm old school but in recent years teams have absolutely butchered national jerseys for the sake of team branding. I like the jersey that is the traditional flag from the country. My favorite is the Belgium jersey/flag. But the French, Italian & Dutch jersey/flags are equally cool. Simple and iconic.
That's because some federations have requirements for their national jerseys and some don't. Sponsors will pretty much always get their way if it isn't forced on them.

Reactions: Red Rick
Isn't the European jersey - like the World jersey - one that has to follow certain standards?
Also - and I know this wasn't relevant - what would have happened if he'd been on the startlist for BinckBank Tour? I suppose the jersey-makers at DQ could have prepared a jersey in advance, since he was always a favourite.

Isn't the European jersey - like the World jersey - one that has to follow certain standards?
Also - and I know this wasn't relevant - what would have happened if he'd been on the startlist for BinckBank Tour? I suppose the jersey-makers at DQ could have prepared a jersey in advance, since he was always a favourite.
I think they are able to do a race not wearing the jersey if it isnt ready or something like that. I remember Lars van der Haar won the Euro CX Champs and then raced the next week ir day in standard Giant Alpecin kit when he used to ride for them

Kjell Carlström once became Finnish champion in the middle of Vuelta a España. He had finished 2nd but the original winner failed doping test. Don't remember exactly if there was delay in him getting the jersey.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts