• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Moviefan1203 said:
Koronin said:
We have the new US National Champion's kit.

67646717_2418196554882760_8366521882299596800_n.jpg

Love this!

Agreed, that’s a really nice jersey.

Reactions: Red Rick
Isn't the European jersey - like the World jersey - one that has to follow certain standards?
Also - and I know this wasn't relevant - what would have happened if he'd been on the startlist for BinckBank Tour? I suppose the jersey-makers at DQ could have prepared a jersey in advance, since he was always a favourite.

Isn't the European jersey - like the World jersey - one that has to follow certain standards?
Also - and I know this wasn't relevant - what would have happened if he'd been on the startlist for BinckBank Tour? I suppose the jersey-makers at DQ could have prepared a jersey in advance, since he was always a favourite.
I think they are able to do a race not wearing the jersey if it isnt ready or something like that. I remember Lars van der Haar won the Euro CX Champs and then raced the next week ir day in standard Giant Alpecin kit when he used to ride for them

I don't think the Irish jersey has ever been flag based. Possibly because it is an All-Ireland title. The race took place in Derry this year (but the time trial was in Donegal).

Ah, okay. Just thought it was kinda fun how it was specifically Jungels' jersey that was mentioned, even though Jakobsen's is basically identical to it. And good thing Alaphilippe isn't French Champion, that could have been a confusing mess…

Ah, okay. Just thought it was kinda fun how it was specifically Jungels' jersey that was mentioned, even though Jakobsen's is basically identical to it. And good thing Alaphilippe isn't French Champion, that could have been a confusing mess…

That was an issue when Sinkeldam and Démare were both national champions.

However, most often you could deduce who was who based on their positions in the train...

I don't think the Irish jersey has ever been flag based. Possibly because it is an All-Ireland title. The race took place in Derry this year (but the time trial was in Donegal).

This is true although green, white & orange still appear on the collar and cuffs. The official Irish champ kit is always white with a green band and a shamrock and the pictuce attached is the one awarded on the day
mrc-19a.jpg

Would be great if he did win it. Imagine a whole DQ team lining out in different kits for a GT.

Also a bit of trivia: Can anyone name Quicksteps previous Irish national champion?

TRENDING THREADS