• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
OWLvwzz.jpg

XSEBDux.jpg

I find it a bit sad that there's such little response. Okay, I know the Tour de France is going on, but I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm or activity in this topic (since I visited this forum for a long time before finally creating an account). And the Belgian and Dutch jersey are quite significant, I believe.

Re:

Wvv said:
XSEBDux.jpg

I find it a bit sad that there's such little response. Okay, I know the Tour de France is going on, but I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm or activity in this topic (since I visited this forum for a long time before finally creating an account). And the Belgian and Dutch jersey are quite significant, I believe.

That looks good.

Rumor that the Spanish Champion's jersey is going back to the stripes around the jersey under the Movistar logo.

Re:

Wvv said:

You know what you're getting with both of those jerseys though. They're federations who actually bother to regulate it.

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Wvv said:

You know what you're getting with both of those jerseys though. They're federations who actually bother to regulate it.

Not well enough.

Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
Wvv said:

Not well enough.

At least he got a cool lion.

Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
Wvv said:

Not well enough.

I only remembered his FDJ kit. At least it changed quickly.

Maybe I'm old school but in recent years teams have absolutely butchered national jerseys for the sake of team branding. I like the jersey that is the traditional flag from the country. My favorite is the Belgium jersey/flag. But the French, Italian & Dutch jersey/flags are equally cool. Simple and iconic.

Call me old school, but the only people who were those horrible eyeglasses were character actors in bad 80s cop/action movies or unfortunate kids who needed vision correction and their parents didn't have great vision health care plans (no judgment, as an eyeglass wearer since I was a kid, I was always thankful I didn't have to chose glasses from the "fully covered" rack. Not judging families either, more the lack of decent health care coverage in the U.S.)

I wish he wouldn't wear those. I also wonder if they're prescription or just an "edgy" look. Either way, a friend should tell him they don't look good. And tell him that the cool people these days wear totally clear frames, like Granny wore when you were a kid!

Re:

WildspokeJoe said:
Maybe I'm old school but in recent years teams have absolutely butchered national jerseys for the sake of team branding. I like the jersey that is the traditional flag from the country. My favorite is the Belgium jersey/flag. But the French, Italian & Dutch jersey/flags are equally cool. Simple and iconic.

That's because some federations have requirements for their national jerseys and some don't. Sponsors will pretty much always get their way if it isn't forced on them.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick