• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best and Worst National Champs jerseys

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Squirbos19 said:
I may be wrong but I think they mean the New Zealand flag should be a silver fern, rather than Union Jack and red stars.

Anyway I reckon it's an alright jersey, pretty distinctive and as Wallenquist mentioned we won't see it on TV too much, if at all.
I think its a very poor effort, especially considering the excellent NZ champ jerseys that Dean and Roulston have had in the past.

Even though Avanti are only a Conti team, they are one of the strongest and are looking to go Pro Conti, Avanti is a NZ bike brand and team and Joe Cooper is one of the teams best riders and a WT quality rouleur/Dom. Avanti aren't doing themselves any favours with a poor NZ champ jersey.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
JELLOUL Adil
Moroccan Champion RR 2014 - 2015 Jersey

n4gs1u.jpg

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Could anyone enlighten me as to why only some teams, for example BMC, Quickstep, Sky, Ag2r, FDJ, IAM, LOTTO x2, Katusha recognize their former national champions on their jersey's by having the national flag bands on their sleeves / collar. Teams such as Tinkoff and Lampre recognize former world champions such as Rogers / Costa in their respective disciplines but not former national champions while others such as Trek, Cannondale-Garmin, Movistar, Astana, Orica never recognize former national champions on their jersey's. Orica have in the past, I think Gerrans as a two time champion may well have bands this year haven't

TRENDING THREADS