• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Columbo_iphone+wallpaper_1.jpg

ElChingon said:
Yea, I couldn't hang on to that bandwagon. Figure after Rome any similar show would not meet the standard. Some shows themes need to know when to end it before it just becomes a fad.

Rome is nothing like games of Thrones. Rome was based on fact, loosely based of course but GOT is total fantasy like Lord of The Rings with political intrigue and more skin and blood. I thought the First series of Rome was very good but the second dropped a bit.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Although I would not rate it as the best series, or even in my top 5, I am really enjoying "Burn Notice" at the moment. McGyver, spies and comedy all mixed into one series. It is definitely formulaic, but still some light-hearted fun after a busy day at work.

The two series we have been devouring in the last couple of years have been "Homeland" and "Game of Thrones". GoT is deviating from the books a little, especially overlapping books 2 and 3 for the second series and I am presuming books 3 and 4 for the third series, but it is still good entertainment. Unfortunate when they accidently include beheaded ex-PoS in an episode, but good unintentional advertising I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS