• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
Just finished the 2nd season of House of Cards. It's excellent! :cool:

I've done a marathon today, watched the first seven of s02. Brilliant stuff. Frank and Claire are both so fascinatingly loathsome.

Yo, any BrBa fans here, b!tches?:cool:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
Revolution returned last week. Stoked about that.

MarkvW said:
Revolution is kind of frustrating because it could be so much better. And because it does not take full advantage of Giancarlo Esposito's amazing talent.

movingtarget said:
True but for some reason I keep watching it. It's a bit lightweight.

MarkvW said:
Me too! I like it despite its faults.

I haven't missed an episode yet but season 2 came back here for a couple of months up to Christmas and for some reason aren't coming on for the rest of the season until March 1.

It has its flaws as has been said, but it's still highly enjoyable.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
:eek:Don't give anything away- it still hasn't come out in Australia:mad:

Oh for Pete's sake. Get yourself a torrent client (e.g. Vuze) and download season two within a couple of hours. I don't know if talking about torrents breaks any rules around here. You can always PM me for further info if required.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hi folks,

4th series of Game of Thrones is almost under way.so how about a small quiz:)

What is your favourite series os far?
What is your favourite moment?
Who is your favourite character?
What was the biggest surprise for you?

DominicDecoco said:
True Detective ridicules everything that is out there at the moment. What a show.

one of the best i've ever seen. just wow

and these will stay with me for some time:

tumblr_n1ht3yglpv1tstqaho1_500.gif

tumblr_n0myccYWWG1tstqaho1_250.gif

tumblr_n0myccYWWG1tstqaho2_250.gif

tumblr_n0myccYWWG1tstqaho4_250.gif

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I don't watch an awful lot of TV these days, but I recommend HBO's Boardwalk Empire, which is a lovely historical crime drama set in 1920s America, at the height of alcohol prohibition. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but if you enjoyed The Sopranos, you'll probably like BE, too.

My favourite shows are The Sopranos and The Wire, with honourable mentions for Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Blackadder, Frasier, and Lilyhammer.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Alphabet said:
I don't watch an awful lot of TV these days, but I recommend HBO's Boardwalk Empire, which is a lovely historical crime drama set in 1920s America, at the height of alcohol prohibition. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but if you enjoyed The Sopranos, you'll probably like BE, too.

My favourite shows are The Sopranos and The Wire, with honourable mentions for Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Blackadder, Frasier, and Lilyhammer.
Very good series indeed!I saw couple of episodes,but dont have time to watch it regularly.
Good atmosphere,great costumes and solid plot;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Just finished True Detective. I thought it was stunning, particularly MM's acting performance...but, I was disappointed by the final episode climax. I won't go into detail so as not to spoil anything.

I recently also watched all four seasons of Boardwalk Empire and agree entirely with Alphabet.

I highly recommend House of Cards, with another stunning acting performance by Kevin Spacey. He and Matthew Mcconaughey will share this year's lead actor prizes.

Anyone out there who might possibly not yet have watched Breaking Bad really needs to do so. BrBa is up there in my all time top three, together with Wire and Sopranos. An absolutely brilliant series with the best final episode EVER!

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What are NBC playing at?

Just cancelled Revolution after only 2 seasons.

There's only 3 episodes left for me to watch over the next few weekends.

gooner said:
What are NBC playing at?

Just cancelled Revolution after only 2 seasons.

There's only 3 episodes left for me to watch over the next few weekends.

WHAT?! Gutted with this, I've really enjoyed watching it.

Elsewhere True detective was absolutely brilliant and I've just finished season 1 of Boardwalk Empire and that was good too. My Mrs watches Chicago Fire religiously and ive caught a few episodes of that, its ok but a little bit OTT. Some decent fire scenes though.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
WHAT?! Gutted with this, I've really enjoyed watching it.

Elsewhere True detective was absolutely brilliant and I've just finished season 1 of Boardwalk Empire and that was good too. My Mrs watches Chicago Fire religiously and ive caught a few episodes of that, its ok but a little bit OTT. Some decent fire scenes though.

There was talk of a season 3 with 13 eposodes to finish it off but they pulled the plug on it. A lot of people disappointed with it.

Just have to wait now for the next season of Rookie Blue. I heard it's out in the States in June.

gooner said:
There was talk of a season 3 with 13 eposodes to finish it off but they pulled the plug on it. A lot of people disappointed with it.

Just have to wait now for the next season of Rookie Blue. I heard it's out in the States in June.

Yeah last I heard they were going to wrap it up with a few new episodes. That's really poor for the fans that have wasted 2 years watching this without a proper ending. I suppose I will have to jump on the Game of Thrones bandwagon now.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
A few that might have flown under the radar...

Utopia: Anyone watching the second season? Really enjoyed the first one.
Banshee:Very over the top but that is probably why I enjoyed it.
Spiral (Engrenages): French police drama.

laurel1969

BANNED
Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Anyone out there who might possibly not yet have watched Breaking Bad really needs to do so. BrBa is up there in my all time top three, together with Wire and Sopranos. An absolutely brilliant series with the best final episode EVER!

Just binge watched Breaking Bad for the second time, first viewing 12 months ago. Such an accomplished piece of drama, the camera work, the script, the acting....,was there even a single actor who wasn't captivating? What stood out was something quite rare in US produced drama and that was the integrity of the producers in resisting the well-worn narratives and formulaic plots. They knew just when to end it.

God. That final episode with a crestfallen Walt seeing his family for the last time was almost unbearable. The pathos being that it would have been the same ending for him, meth or no meth.

What a ride. Now just got to get a copy of The Wire.

TRENDING THREADS