• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Red Rick said:
GoT ending is one I was ready for.

Supernatural ending after S15 is one I was not ready for. It was obviously way past expiration date, but that was one hell of a run.

Unbelievable run for Supernatural. A Deadwood movie has been completed that is set 10 years after the final series. Could be fun. GOT will rate through the roof of course but many will be happy that it's coming to an end. Spin off series in development.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Red Rick said:
Red Rick said:
Watching Bodyguard now. It's great.
Finished it yesterday.

Best TV show I've seen in years.

Now all there is to it is waiting for more seasons and be disappointed.

I still don’t think series 2 has been officially commissioned yet, but I don’t think it will be long, series 1 was absolutely huge over here.
I've looked a bit and the writer talks about having ideas for 4/5 seasons.

I don't think this kind of show can hold momentum for that long.

It reminds me of Homeland and I quit that after like 5 seasons.

Some of my favorite series that are still running (and already have 3 seasons at least): Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Last Kingdom, and of course GoT. Short series (1 season): The Terror, Altered Carbon. Series still running with less than 3 seasons: American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Deadly Class.

How I can find the time to watch all of these? Most of these series have alternating schedules, which helps. :lol:

Re:

Mavic said:
Some of my favorite series that are still running (and already have 3 seasons at least): Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Last Kingdom, and of course GoT. Short series (1 season): The Terror, Altered Carbon. Series still running with less than 3 seasons: American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Deadly Class.

How I can find the time to watch all of these? Most of these series have alternating schedules, which helps. :lol:

I want to see The Terror and Into the Badlands. Handmaid's Tale is pretty good. Will start watching American Gods when GOT finishes.

movingtarget said:
Mavic said:

I want to see The Terror and Into the Badlands. Handmaid's Tale is pretty good. Will start watching American Gods when GOT finishes.

I'd recommend them all obviously. Into the badlands has some of the best fighting scenes you'll see as well as a pretty interesting storyline. The terror is just non-stop suspense. American Gods is, well, different, in a way that gets you hooked as the mystery slowly unravels. I love it personally. Might take some getting used to though, it's probably not for everyone. Hope you enjoy them as much I do.

I didn't think it was bad, slow, yes, but I assume these were things that they wanted (or felt they needed) to get out of the way. It's gonna have to be an intense 5 episodes from here on out. I feel like there's so much that still needs to happen. Why do all good things have to come to an end :eek: Last time I felt like this was the final season of Breaking Bad. I suppose I wouldn't want it to be dragged out like The Walking Dead either. :rolleyes: Plus everything in this series has led up to this moment supreme. :)

Re:

Red Rick said:
So

Season 8 of GoT is basically Fleche Wallone

Well it was never about action in every episode and most series have two action packed episodes at best. Someone wrote recently that the most powerful scenes in GOT happened between two people talking behind closed doors. For the most part I think they are right, it was never meant to be Marvel like. I thought the second ep was an improvement but obviously the action kicks off in ep 3 and they get a chance to use their big budget ! For some reason though I find the scenes with Tyrion a bit of a borefest now. The rest of his family have become more interesting.

Red Rick said:
Red Rick said:
Finished it yesterday.

Have you seen Line of Duty?

People seem to be raving about it.

I don't know why but all of a sudden there seems to be loads of amazing British TV after years of crap.

Bodyguard, Killing Eve, Fleabag, Black Mirror etc.

There is also fly on the wall mockumentary 'This Country', which started off a bit creaky, but by the second series was amazing.

movingtarget said:
Red Rick said:
So

Well it was never about action in every episode and most series have two action packed episodes at best. Someone wrote recently that the most powerful scenes in GOT happened between two people talking behind closed doors. For the most part I think they are right, it was never meant to be Marvel like. I thought the second ep was an improvement but obviously the action kicks off in ep 3 and they get a chance to use their big budget ! For some reason though I find the scenes with Tyrion a bit of a borefest now. The rest of his family have become more interesting.
Usually the dialogue leads somewhere, now it was just 'guess everyone gunna have to say something, and as a result we got Tormund being cringy, a bunch of other things that felt somewhat out of place and obviously the RLJ reveal to Daenerys happens riiiight at the end of the episode.

I wasn't even talking about a lack of action as much as a total lack of new information. We're 4 episodes away from the end, and we still know nothing about this great threat that has brought us from a great show with political intrigue and gritty realism to 'oh *** ice zombies'

Red Rick said:
movingtarget said:
Red Rick said:
So

Usually the dialogue leads somewhere, now it was just 'guess everyone gunna have to say something, and as a result we got Tormund being cringy, a bunch of other things that felt somewhat out of place and obviously the RLJ reveal to Daenerys happens riiiight at the end of the episode.

I wasn't even talking about a lack of action as much as a total lack of new information. We're 4 episodes away from the end, and we still know nothing about this great threat that has brought us from a great show with political intrigue and gritty realism to 'oh **** ice zombies'

Yeah with such a large cast I guess it starts to get whittled down from the next ep and some of the popular characters will be disappearing. There will have to be some twists remaining especially with Cersei and Euron still active and with Snow's real history now known. Will the dragon woman accept Snow as king ? The last three eps are 90 minutes long. The shocks and intrigues from the earlier series have been missed as have some of the veteran, more talented actors. Once the scripts went past the books the series seemed to suffer but I still find it entertaining. Something tells me that Melisandre re the red witch will have an important part to play as will Bran.

macbindle said:
Red Rick said:
Red Rick said:
Finished it yesterday.

I don't know why but all of a sudden there seems to be loads of amazing British TV after years of crap.

There is also fly on the wall mockumentary 'This Country', which started off a bit creaky, but by the second series was amazing.

The new series of Line Of Duty is unbelievable, every week seems to end with a shock or cliffhanger. Fully recommend a watch if people haven’t seen it yet.

I’d also add Baptiste (and the previous two series of The mIssing) to your list of great of great TV recently.

Pricey_sky said:
macbindle said:
Red Rick said:
Red Rick said:
Finished it yesterday.

The new series of Line Of Duty is unbelievable, every week seems to end with a shock or cliffhanger. Fully recommend a watch if people haven’t seen it yet.

I’d also add Baptiste (and the previous two series of The mIssing) to your list of great of great TV recently.

I liked the previous series of The Missing. Haven't seen any of Baptiste yet.