• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Big stars entering the vuelta

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
UCI's rule is that you can still enter people in the race 48 hours before it begins.
They just don't want Ricco to start in it, that's all.

Not if they're not entered as reserves you can't*. It's why Weylandt couldn't fill in for Boonen at the TdF, something to do with the UCI not being able to get extra tests done for the biological passports.

*That's how it worked for TdF, at least.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
Not if they're not entered as reserves you can't*. It's why Weylandt couldn't fill in for Boonen at the TdF, something to do with the UCI not being able to get extra tests done for the biological passports.

*That's how it worked for TdF, at least.

If you can add whole teams to a GT last minute then you can also add one single person to the team.

El Pistolero said:
If you can add whole teams to a GT last minute then you can also add one single person to the team.

Yeah.
May 5th, 2008, enter Astana, depart NGC Medical.
May 10th Giro starts.

So, the UCI are playing: "We make the rules up as we go along." again.

If QS want Ricco to start, all they have to do, is refer Pat McNut to CN's archives.
Legally, they are talking bol*ocks, again.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Ricco hasn't even signed with Quick Step yet, and it's not a sure thing at this point. It's tough to assign blame when he's not a member of a team just now.

Yesterday brought a curious contradiction in statements between a rider claiming he’d signed a new deal, and a team which insisted that nothing had been finalised as yet. Riccardo Riccò’s claim that he had secured a slot with ProTour team Quick Step after years in the wilderness was denied by the team’s press officer Alessandro Tegner, and now the rider’s agent himself has confirmed that talk of a contract was premature.

"We are indeed still debating,” said Giuseppe Acquadro to Tuttobiciweb, who contacted him and noted that he was not too pleased to make the admission. “We are working on some terms that Riccardo absolutely want to put in the contract. I remain optimistic, however.”

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5...ontract-with-Quick-Step-still-not-signed.aspx

http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=31782&tp=n

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Neither Rasmussen nor Riccò appear anywhere on the start list, and that is the reason why they will not ride.

“It’s true that they cannot race,” said a Vuelta spokesperson to Velonation. “According to the rules of the UCI, the list can not be changed.”

According to other sources, the deadline was last Sunday, August 8th.

Riccò has just been released by his Ceramica Flaminia team, and is now a free agent. However the move has come too late for him to be an entrant in what would be his first Grand Tour since testing positive at the 2008 Tour de France.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5...n-due-to-UCI-deadline-rule.aspx#ixzz0wcNiB0xw

El Pistolero said:
They just don't want Ricco to start in it, that's all.

conspiracy_theories.png

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Although most conspiracy theorie's are wrong they are somewhat innocent and actually good to have because it makes people stay alert and critical of information although 9/11 was an inside job no question.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Nibali + Kreuziger

Great !

Liquigas-Doimo @ Vuelta 2010
Vincenzo Nibali, Roman Kreuziger, Daniele Bennati, Jacopo Guarnieri, Mauro Finetto, Maciej Paterski, Ivan Santaromita, Frederik Willems en Oliver Zaugg

Cobblestoned said:
Nibali + Kreuziger

Great !

Liquigas-Doimo @ Vuelta 2010
Vincenzo Nibali, Roman Kreuziger, Daniele Bennati, Jacopo Guarnieri, Mauro Finetto, Maciej Paterski, Ivan Santaromita, Frederik Willems en Oliver Zaugg

Damn i was looking for the liquigas lineup all day because i didnt know whether i could say that Sagan isnt allowed to ride the gts yet. Turns out i was right he isnt.

Thanks for that.

Szmyd isnt doing all 3 gts then.

Hoping Kreuziger can do something beyond domestique work. I always liked him + nibali as a team.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Really like this Liquigas... mmmm the only missing there is Szmyd... a shame that He rode Le Tour... I would have really liked see him fresh and doing the same job that he made in Il Giro this year...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Really like this Liquigas... mmmm the only missing there is Szmyd... a shame that He rode Le Tour... I would have really liked see him fresh and doing the same job that he made in Il Giro this year...

Couldn't agree more. I'm actually hoping Kreuziger can do it for Nibali. Someone riding tempo could take a little of the sting out of the explosive climbers.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
see....liquigas and saxo have no trouble letting guys like Kreuziger and Andy ride 2 GT a year.

Why is Rabobank always so overprotective and letting their young dudes do 1 GC a year..
Yes, it has obviously helped Kreuziger to reach that higher level :rolleyes: Andy rode the Vuelta last year... but only the first week.

I agree that Gesink could have done the Vuelta (he even said he needs to do 2 GTS a year to improve, and then he doesn't follow his own advice :confused:) but maybe Rabo is afraid that once Gesink is in, he wants to compete, rather than just get the kilometres in the legs.

TRENDING THREADS