• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
8th favourite on betfair for an Ardennes week classic in year 2...

382.gif

DBotero said:
Good performance from S.Yates.I'm very curious how this will end.Will they stay,or will they go.But till then they have the TDF were they can get even more glory.

Well, they're currently under contract until the end of 2016.

Some impressive short TTs from both of them so far this season but the longer TTs that are usually part of most GT's remain a question. Yesterday's queen stage of Romandie hinted that Sinon is "not quite there yet" when it comes to being there at the finish with the GT contenders "when it counts".

dirkprovin said:
DBotero said:
Good performance from S.Yates.I'm very curious how this will end.Will they stay,or will they go.But till then they have the TDF were they can get even more glory.

Some impressive short TTs from both of them so far this season but the longer TTs that are usually part of most GT's remain a question. Yesterday's queen stage of Romandie hinted that Sinon is "not quite there yet" when it comes to being there at the finish with the GT contenders "when it counts".

I heard about it,but i don't know if it was confirmed by them/team.

DBotero said:
dirkprovin said:
DBotero said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/yates-twins-to-ride-tour-de-france

When the Yates brothers joined Orica-GreenEdge for last season, they signed one year contracts and excelled in their first year. Unsurprisingly, by the end of the season the Yates brothers had attracted much interest; especially from Sky who, White says, "threw a check book" at them.

Orica-GreenEdge managed to retain the pair though on a deal to the end of 2016.

dirkprovin said:
DBotero said:
dirkprovin said:
DBotero said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/yates-twins-to-ride-tour-de-france

When the Yates brothers joined Orica-GreenEdge for last season, they signed one year contracts and excelled in their first year. Unsurprisingly, by the end of the season the Yates brothers had attracted much interest; especially from Sky who, White says, "threw a check book" at them.

Orica-GreenEdge managed to retain the pair though on a deal to the end of 2016.

Well i read that,but looks like i wasn't paying enough attention :eek:

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Last year it was Adam's year hile Simon struggled and this years it's the opposite. I'm waiting to see both of them at thier best level to see which is the best and if they will be able to replace Schleck brothers.

Re:

Randy rex said:
Last year it was Adam's year hile Simon struggled and this years it's the opposite. I'm waiting to see both of them at thier best level to see which is the best and if they will be able to replace Schleck brothers.

Adam hasn't struggled. He top 10'd one of the best fields of the year at Tirreno (outclimbing Nibali and matching Contador) and then broke a bone.

If Adam has ditched the beard, then it's going to be a commentator's nightmare :)

With Gerrans there, Simon might be riding for GC again. Will be interesting to see which one comes out on top. They hardly ever compete together apparently. I think the Last time was San Sebastien last year?

Re:

postmanhat said:
If Adam has ditched the beard, then it's going to be a commentator's nightmare :)

With Gerrans there, Simon might be riding for GC again. Will be interesting to see which one comes out on top. They hardly ever compete together apparently. I think the Last time was San Sebastien last year?

Nah, last time was when Adam rode in to a ****ing metal post the ******** race organisers left in the Basque Country.

On another note, just looked at the TDF route again and the first week is full of stages which suit these boys.

Re: Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Randy rex said:

Adam hasn't struggled. He top 10'd one of the best fields of the year at Tirreno (outclimbing Nibali and matching Contador) and then broke a bone.

Yes exactly, I think this Dauphine route (and the whole Tour route actually) really suits them this year, no long iTT for them to lose time and plenty of climbing stages where they have already shown they can compete with the best.