• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OTOH I have worries about his role in their lineup :(
I think he will not get an opportunity to shine

Edit: thanks for the link of FW 2013,also my favourite moment of Betancur

Re:

ILovecycling said:
I tend to agree about that, but no matter what, it's great news he will ride the Giro. He is appreciated by Valverde and Movistar and it looks like he's more motivated than ever. While working for Valverde, he can show his qualities and prove he can be a leader in the (near) future again. Why not in the Dauphiné, profiting from his post-Giro-form?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Popchu said:
ILovecycling said:
I tend to agree about that, but no matter what, it's great news he will ride the Giro. He is appreciated by Valverde and Movistar and it looks like he's more motivated than ever. While working for Valverde, he can show his qualities and prove he can be a leader in the (near) future again. Why not in the Dauphiné, profiting from his post-Giro-form?
Good point with the Dauphiné, might be a good opportunity. Of course it depends on how much top form is he now, he can peak in the first 2 weeks at Giro and then decline,but I hope not! :)

Re:

HelloDolly said:
I am afraid the Movistar plan at the Giro will be for one man and one man only ..However if Betencur can be with Valverde when needed then strenghtens his case to lead in a stage race/one day race later in the year

Nothing new, but hey come on. Even riders like Erviti are allowed to go in breaks and win a stage during Grand Tours. Team GC is also always important to them.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ILovecycling said:
Pretty weird result considering he should be almost peaking ,or not?

Peaking for what? the drive-through window? :D

Seriously, he is not peaking for anything at this time. If he goes to Giro, he will be just a worker and maybe stage hunting once Valverde is out of contention.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Jspear said:
Jancouver said:
ILovecycling said:

Seriously, he is not peaking for anything at this time. If he goes to Giro, he will be just a worker and maybe stage hunting once Valverde is out of contention.

If

Once! ... the way I meant it was: once out of contention for the win. He may still podium but once the gaps are big, and it is clear that he has no chance for the overall, Fatancur will have the chance to enter breaks and go for stages.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Jancouver said:
ILovecycling said:

LMAO :D :D :D

ChYcBzvWgAAWZNB.jpg:large

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Grande Carlos! Endurance and explosiveness is there, he's only lacking a little bit at the long and high mountains, but I guess that will come along with intensive racing at the Giro

TRENDING THREADS