• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 821 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
Seems like I've made that clear several times. What are you missing?

Again, someone suggested it wasn't about the money. I responded that I think it's obviously about the money. Does that mean I think he shouldn't ride out his contract? No. Do I think he's giving it his all? Not for a moment. Not complicated, other than you making an assumption about my meaning. That gets complicated.

I know it's fun to ascribe all kinds of intentions and motivations to people you don't know because it makes the offending statements feel better, but maybe people could try reading and reacting to what's actually said, rather than arguing points no one is making.

That'd be nice.
Honest question from someone who has perused the thread over the years but doesn’t want to commit to a marathon session: Is there a summary of Froome’s transgressions somewhere?

Today's rolling Stage 4 of the Tour of Rwanda with a Cat 1; three Cat 2's and a Cat 3 climb has concluded with Froome finishing 41st - 1min 19secs behind the winner.
Overall, Froome is now 32nd. 3mins and 37secs down on the race leader.
Tomorrow's Stage 5 is a (not too steep) straight uphill grind of 13K.
It will be an interesting test of Froome's form.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He is 32nd in GC. The fact that you haven't been perma banned is mind boggling :rolleyes:
He will finished this race IMO among the 10 strong riders. Today he got a break, first at the sprint, after at the front helping his mates and didnt lose too much time. it is ok.
Tomorrow the team will prefer he save energy to help the team next days, but I would like he making a good test. Anyway the team prefer him not far in GC to make other teams work if he attack as today, so I have the hope he try it.

He will finished this race IMO among the 10 strong riders. Today he got a break, first at the sprint, after at the front helping his mates and didnt lose too much time. it is ok.
Tomorrow the team will prefer he save energy to help the team next days, but I would like he making a good test. Anyway the team prefer him not far in GC to make other teams work if he attack as today, so I have the hope he try it.

The top 10 riders in this race.
Ahem.

Reactions: Sandisfan
You need Jesus!

Reactions: JimPanzen

Latest posts