• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cipollini Blood Transfusions 2002

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the asian said:
Probably never. This is just a threat at CONI. Stop asking for all the names to be revealed we out whoever we want, starting with an Italian.

Weird to notice Cipo's schedule is the only one for year 2002 to be revealed.
And of course, it was not in the infamous "Tomo IV" with the doping schedules of Hamilton, Botero, Pantani & co.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Franke was saying he had the entire Puerto dossier. If an anti-doping expert has it, he is not the only one among uninterested parties. Why it doesn't come into light is unknown. I hope one day all the riders will be punished. Puerto splitted cycling world so brutally. One like Contador or Cancellara got a huge impetus and even built their image partially on anti-doping stage, having been usual Puerto riders. But who will remember Paco and Il Nino whose lives were derailed after a few years??? :( Huge human tragedies stand behind that...

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Was talking to a friend who is from Lucca, he said this wont be news. In all the disco's 20 years ago the cyclists were the guys to go to for drugs.

Yep. Have the interviewed Cipo on the news yet? He's just going to laugh this off.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Franke was saying he had the entire Puerto dossier. If an anti-doping expert has it, he is not the only one among uninterested parties. Why it doesn't come into light is unknown. I hope one day all the riders will be punished. Puerto splitted cycling world so brutally. One like Contador or Cancellara got a huge impetus and even built their image partially on anti-doping stage, having been usual Puerto riders. But who will remember Paco and Il Nino whose lives were derailed after a few years??? :( Huge human tragedies stand behind that...

I dearly hope it doesn't stay with cycling only. If that happens (it does stay with cycling only - added for clarity), I do feel sorry for the ones that got popped, in one way or another. Even when they, indeed, were cheaters.

Elagabalus said:
Yep. Have the interviewed Cipo on the news yet? He's just going to laugh this off.

Nah...he's avoiding all comments and letting his lawyer deal with it.:cool:...
.stinks to high heaven to me, but then this is the country that doesn't have Berlusconni in jail ( and might even elect him again).

Cipo could learn from Berlusconni about laughing things off...maybe by the time he is 70 he'll have perfected it.

They are both as guilty as sin

Apologies re spelling, (never good on a Saturday night) and I hadn't noticed your location...no intention of rubbing noses in it.

Berlusconni and I go back a long way (well to Genoa in 2001:mad:): I can't be bothered looking his name up to spell it properly.

I hope to goodness you guys can come through all this....Cipo will be painful for many people in Italy. (As will Cancellara for Switzerland)

Somehow we expect more from our sportsmen in terms of honesty than we do from our politicians: not fair really!

Oh and by the way, it Coinneach not coinneach!;)

laziali said:
Not baffling at all - doping was criminalised in Italy and France at the time but not in Spain (may still not be there?). A short flight beats jail time, just ask the Festina boys and Millar etc

Assuming there is enforceable doping law in two or more countries:

Doping is Illegal in Italy, if you are Italian.
Doping is Illegal in Spain, if you are Spanish.

An Italian visiting Spain to dope or vice-versa is not "illegal." Authorities have a similar problem with Wonderboy's international operation.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Assuming there is enforceable doping law in two or more countries:

Doping is Illegal in Italy, if you are Italian.
Doping is Illegal in Spain, if you are Spanish.

An Italian visiting Spain to dope or vice-versa is not "illegal." Authorities have a similar problem with Wonderboy's international operation.

I'm not sure about that, DirtyWorks. as a general rule the laws of the country apply to everyone within the country at the time, native or not. So if Brit cyclist A doped in France, he's amenable to prosecution in France (D. Millar?) - there may be jurisdictional difficulties in 'getting your hands' on a doping tourist once he's out of the country again, but if he's in your country, I'm pretty sure you can usually grab him.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
martinvickers said:
I'm not sure about that, DirtyWorks. as a general rule the laws of the country apply to everyone within the country at the time, native or not. So if Brit cyclist A doped in France, he's amenable to prosecution in France (D. Millar?) - there may be jurisdictional difficulties in 'getting your hands' on a doping tourist once he's out of the country again, but if he's in your country, I'm pretty sure you can usually grab him.

That is correct Martin, nationality is irrelevant so long as the offence takes place within the jurisdiction (like you Martin, I know a lot about the law and although I cannot claim expertise in Spanish law, I would be staggered if it is different on such a fundamental principle).

But, as I already said, at the time doping was not illegal in Spain. It took Operacion Puerto to change that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
laziali said:
That is correct Martin, nationality is irrelevant so long as the offence takes place within the jurisdiction (like you Martin, I know a lot about the law and although I cannot claim expertise in Spanish law, I would be staggered if it is different on such a fundamental principle).

But, as I already said, at the time doping was not illegal in Spain. It took Operacion Puerto to change that.

I know even less about law than most clinic posters but fully understand bribery and how it can trump any law ever written or not written. These names magically disappearing or forgotten and now reappearing can be made to vanish once again, for the right price.

coinneach said:
apologies re spelling, (never good on a saturday night) and i hadn't noticed your location...no intention of rubbing noses in it.

berlusconni and i go back a long way (well to genoa in 2001:mad:): I can't be bothered looking his name up to spell it properly.

I hope to goodness you guys can come through all this....cipo will be painful for many people in italy. (as will cancellara for switzerland)

somehow we expect more from our sportsmen in terms of honesty than we do from our politicians: Not fair really!

Oh and by the way, it coinneach not coinneach!;)

:D

ten chars

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The evidence seems to be overwhelming, do not know why he is bothering denying, probably just in shock at it coming out and denying because he does not what else to do.

He worked with Fuentes from 2001 - 2004.
Who did he work with before that?

TRENDING THREADS