• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

fjWkQM0g_400x400.png

FUts1RHWYAEnktZ

It's the biggest one day race in Spain, favoring climbers. All the big guns will be here, some from the Tour like Pogacar, van Aert, Mohoric, Bardet, Gaudu.
And some fresh ones like Remco, Amedia, Valverde, Hindley, Simon Yates, Landa. So who will win in this big pool of talent?
1500x500

MpvS5eq.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN.

agRgMjX.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

b3MqwZF.png

They'll follow TJV supporting their young rider if their old leader does not deliver
Sure, but if it happens that Pogacar can’t deliver (which I doubt) then UAE can support any of the other riders in the team like Covi or even Almeida (less probable because he will ride to build up form for La Vuelta) without having to bet on Ayuso exclusively. It will depend on the form of the riders and how things will go during the race. Having said that the course suits Ayuso, so let’s wait.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Have you been watching the Tour this year?
What kind of question is that? Of course I have. Jonas dropped Pogacar on multiple HC-days with HC MTFs after brutal racing on the prior climbs (Galibier and Spandelles). This is a lot more explosive stuff, and if anyone has an advantage here, I think its Pogacar over Vingegaard.

But Wout is my favourite for this race still.

TRENDING THREADS