• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

College Football

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Baylor and TCU are currently tied at 14 at halftime - do we have anyone around here who is actually watching this game live?

No worries if not, I'll just keep you all posted as the scores come in through the interwebs. (By the mere sounds of the scores they appear to be slaughtering each other. [Not that I condone this, but these guys sound like they are ready for the NFL.])

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like TCU won against Baylor in double overtime. Really low scoring game for these guys(28-21 in double overtime) although they had their backup QBs in.

Clemson started slow against South Carolina but are taking control up 14-0

Ohio State off to a good start against Michigan. Michigan needs a score to keep pace down 14-3

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Melvin Gordon ran for over 2500 yards last year. I think Henry gets 2000 easily with the way he has been fed recently and with that line but he would need 703 yards for 2500 with 3 games at most left.

Re:

52520Andrew said:
What a finish to that Michigan State - Iowa game. 22 play drive that took 9 minutes off the clock. I miss grind it out games like this.
Me too! What a great game! MSU can't score a TD all game until the final when it counted.

When I returned to the Clemson-UNC game with about one minute left I was expecting a larger Clemson lead, but that final score ended up close as well.

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

on3m@n@rmy said:
52520Andrew said:
What a finish to that Michigan State - Iowa game. 22 play drive that took 9 minutes off the clock. I miss grind it out games like this.
Me too! What a great game! MSU can't score a TD all game until the final when it counted.

When I returned to the Clemson-UNC game with about one minute left I was expecting a larger Clemson lead, but that final score ended up close as well.

Used to be spoiled with games like that when the Ravens and Steelers used to get together. I miss those days

Yeah there was apparently a phantom offsides call when UNC onside kicked which took away their recovery. I still think Clemson comes up with the stop even if they do recover though.

Heisman race is going to be interesting with everyone having a nice night last night. Watson is my guy right now but the Stanford RB had a great game. Henry is probably third for me although I need to see more of the Oklahoma QB as he has a lot of buzz as well.

Its been a year since I've complained about all of the important college football postseason being on ESPN...consider this me complaining.

It looks like Boykin (TCU) will get drafted by CLE now! ;(

Bosa (OS) is heading to the NFL. He can make an impact from day one I think.

It looks like Goff (Cal) and Lynch (Mem) will both be in the NFL next year. They both have potential to be solid starters.

EDIT: 'Bama!

Re:

red_flanders said:
McCaffrey embarrasses the Heisman voters once again. What a sham that award has become with the lazy east coast media failing to actually watch any of the west coast game and robbing the player who was the best in the country by a wide margin.
McCaffrey is a stud! I'm glad you placed the blame on the voters because Henry is a stud too, and its not his fault he won, Hopefully they both have big years next year too!

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....interesting results of this year's college football schedule....seems that the ratings of the biggest two games were way down....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And while New Year's Day is a holiday, New Year's Eve is not. It's a work day for many, who therefore aren't likely able to view the games at their leisure.

Plus, speaking of leisure, New Year's Eve is traditionally viewed as a time for merry-making and champagne-sipping -- but not really for watching college football.

ESPN reportedly lobbied College Football Playoff organizers to move the date, but playoff officials decided not to do so, apparently in the hopes of creating a new New Year's Eve tradition."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/playoff-tv-ratings-new-years-eve-orange-cotton-clemson-oklahoma-alabama-michigan-state-010116
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

....ah hubris, my favourite sin.....but ya just gotta luv that entrepreneurial spirit don't ya.... we has got money to make so f%$@k tradition, the plebs will come around to our way of thinking, err, strip-mining society for every penny we can squeeze out....amateur sports as gawd intended, indeed...

Cheers

Good game. It was a good battle for most of the game, and then as the troops bodies and minds fatigued, the scoreboard lit up, making for a different type of good game.

I picked 'bama at the beginning of Dec...sure wish I was a gamblin' man! Usually when I pick a team it dooms them! :eek:

While NFL preseason week 4 was kind of sucky, NCAA football did NOT disappoint. And how about Sunday night's ND @ Texas thriller! Unranked Texas defeated #10 ND in double OT 47-44. I love that college OT format. OFC pre-season rankings don't mean spit. But it is still a great start to a Texas program that has been struggling in recent years.

Should we just go ahead and declare Bama the National Champion for this year? I mean really...49-10 over #9 Tennessee at Knoxville. Even Peyton Manning couldn't get the Volunteers going with his presence at the game.

I've never seen a team reload like Bama from year to year. Virtually all five-star recruits on this year's defense, which is projected to have several high round draft picks. A real dynasty with 3 BCS Championships out of the last 5 yrs. It must a fairly easy coaching job for Saban with that kind of talent he gets every year.

My prediction: They'll run the table and face Ohio St in the BCS championship winning another title...again.

Nomad said:
I've never seen a team reload like Bama from year to year.
We're only halfway through the season, but I kinda get the same impression as you - might as well give the trophy to Bama now. (How the *** do they do it season after season?)

On a different note - here in Eugene some Duck fans want Helfrich to be fired, and I believe for the first time in a long time tickets are actually available for home games at Autzen. Funny how quickly fans drop off when the times get tough...

While I am a Husky I actually kinda feel bad for the Duck team now, I've always liked them better when they were the underdogs. (Don't think even their state-of-the-art training facilities will help them with recruiting now, think the domino effect is in full force.)

TRENDING THREADS