• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Any correction send to me has been made. auscyclefan94, Moondance, bicing and The Hitch have gotten their team updated while TeamSkyFans and joy118118 teams have been added.

The only issue seems to be getting the spreadsheet made. Hopefully kurtinsc can help me out. Once this is done it should be pretty easy to spot any mistakes or any teams exceeding the 7500 points limit.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I dont know how AFL fantasy teams work but on this a 1500 consistant scorer gets you nothing. THey cant really improve on their total. Hence they break even. (unless they get injured/ caught which screws you)

The aim is to try to get points on every thousand or so points you spend. If you buy a 1500 guy and he gets 1600 then thats a wasted 1500 points.

In business no one buys 1000 boxes of x to then sell it at the same price, or to make a few cents profit.

They buy 1000 boxes of x to sell at twice the price, then you get the profit.

ps this should be sticky. Barrus, do your thing ;)

I did go with your logic in the end. But remember the goal is the highest aggregate at the end, not the biggest profit.

But think of it this way, if you buy some of those guys with lower points, it's because they're less good. They might outperform but they also have a risk of underperforming. At least with a guy like Cavendish, Gilbert or Valverde (if he wasn't banned) you'd be sure to get 1500+ points. It's a matter of risk and return.

On reflection, the thing about AFL fantasy teams is that the range of scoring is higher. That's why its better the way we did it.

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
The only issue seems to be getting the spreadsheet made. Hopefully kurtinsc can help me out. Once this is done it should be pretty easy to spot any mistakes or any teams exceeding the 7500 points limit.

Has someone officially said they'd do it and started, or is it just kurtinsc, Ferminal and bicing who have put their hand up and offered??

Hugo Koblet said:
Any correction send to me has been made. auscyclefan94, Moondance, bicing and The Hitch have gotten their team updated while TeamSkyFans and joy118118 teams have been added.

You haven't updated the new entries in the online spreadsheet right? Or is there a new spreadsheet online?

bicing said:
I did go with your logic in the end. But remember the goal is the highest aggregate at the end, not the biggest profit.

But think of it this way, if you buy some of those guys with lower points, it's because they're less good. They might outperform but they also have a risk of underperforming. At least with a guy like Cavendish, Gilbert or Valverde (if he wasn't banned) you'd be sure to get 1500+ points. It's a matter of risk and return.

On reflection, the thing about AFL fantasy teams is that the range of scoring is higher. That's why its better the way we did it.

Well, since all teams will be worth just as much (7500) the thing that will determine the winner is the person that can turn that value into the biggest increase. If you have a guy that costs 1500 that also scores 1500 then that is 1/7 of your team that shows no increase. It's much better to find someone who costs 500 and still scores 1500.

ingsve said:
You haven't updated the new entries in the online spreadsheet right? Or is there a new spreadsheet online?

No not yet. I'm at a reaaaaally slow computer and it goes berserk once I start uploading it so it will be up later.

bicing said:
Has someone officially said they'd do it and started, or is it just kurtinsc, Ferminal and bicing who have put their hand up and offered??

Well I don't have any arrangement with anyone. I have been using Ferminals names which is a big help already but I still need to get the whole thing "coded".

If you are willing to help, then it would be gladly appreciated. The thing is that it, for me atleast, looks pretty complicated when you have to import the data from the files available for download from CQ Rankings homepage, and put it into the spreadsheet with our teams so the value of each rider is updated "automatically".

On second thought:

I will not change the teams (unless it's someone I have forgotten to put in by a blunder or oversight like bicing and acf's teams).

The thing is, that it will be much easier to spot any mistakes or corrections needed to be made once:

a) The spreadsheet with the values are up and running and
b) The final update on CQ Rankings has been made

For Moondance this means that Ignatas Konovalovas is still on his team instead of his replacement, Cameron Meyer.
For Mellow Velo this means that Kevin Van Impe is till on his team.

Hopefully these were the only who have made corrections so far.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
just sent in my team :)

Robert Gesink
Igor Anton
Ricardo Ricco

these 3 will have a big year imo and will all improve their score. gesink will also solve world poverty ;)

Lars Boom
Rigoberto Uran
Nikki Terpstra

These guys are knocking on the door.

Wout Poels
This guy is a big talent, will have a big year in the PT.

Jose Rujano
will have a big giro imo, and should easily pass his score.

Heinrich Haussler
should easily double his score at a minimum.

Nick Nuyens
Martijn Maaskant

both are better then their score suggests

Lief Hoste
I hate this guy, but i think he can do better then his score suggests.

Steven Kruijswijk
This guy made great progress this season, more hope then anything but i think he can have a decent season, especially if he avoids the tour.

Theo Bos
Quick guy who can win bunch sprints on his day. debatable if he will do better at rabo.

Taylor Phinney
John Degenkolb
Tom Jelte Slagter
Timmy Roe
Jens Debusschere

my young guns, I suspect Phinney and degenkolb to get me some decent points,

Mark Renshaw
if given a chance can a score much better then 106.

Joost Posthuma

Read he was gonna have some chances to lead at stage races for team lux. I think he can better 99.

Laurens Ten Dam
so much bad luck this season, surely will do better in 11'.

Joost Van Leijen
big talent.

Marc de maar
Van Winden

cheap + dutch (or at least ex-dutch) ;)

Franco Pellizotti
bargain bin.

Mauricio Soler
Thomas Vaitkus
Stef Clement
Amets Txurruka
Kevin Seeldrayers
Phillip Deignan

all better then their score suggests. cheap buys.

Juan Cobo
my most risky rider

ps. total-1488
14 dutchies :D

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
My Team:

COBO ACEBO Juan Jose 0
DEGENKOLB John 144
HOOGERLAND Johnny 452
BOONEN Tom 777
RICCO Riccardo 756
KREUZIGER Roman 839
TANNER David 31
SICARD Romain 174
KISERLOVSKI Robert 368
MATTHEWS Michael 278
GRETSCH Patrick 84
HAUSSLER Heinrich 251
RASMUSSEN Alex 267
FEILLU Brice 70
VAITKUS Tomas 45
BOS Theo 182
VIVIANI Elia 312
THOMAS Geraint 342
VAN GARDEREN Tejay 531
SINKEWITZ Patrik 340
KASHECHKIN Andrey 84
VELITS Peter 614
HOWARD Leigh 155
OSS Daniel 390
STYBAR Zdenek 9

Total: 7495

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
ATTENTION EVERYONE, I've figured out how to do the spreadsheet.

What needs to be done?
1. Someone needs to volunteer themselves to add the rest of the teams AS IT LOOKS IN THE WORD DOC (this one: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...EwNjQtYTM4YmU3NmY2NjQ2&hl=en&authkey=CM-5gvgL) and copy the one and only formula into the cell next to it.
2. Someone needs to volunteer themselves to add all the teams to the results table. It is annoying because this person must copy-paste the formula and change the letter for each team and result. Every second letter starting from A is for the Teams column, and every second letter of the alphabet starting from B is for the Results.

I await volunteers to PM me their gmail addresses so I can give them the rights to edit the spreadsheet.

How it works?
- Every week or month or whatever, the administrator, Hugo Koblet, must download the CQ spreadsheet, copy the whole thing, and paste it in the "CQdata" tab. The spreadsheet will lookup the # points and put them next to the name. That's it.
- The Teams section lists one after another, the team selection and the points they purchased for them. This is all in the first cell (copied from the Google Doc list of all teams). The second column is the points copied from the CQdata tab.
- The Results section lists each team with their points and ranking. It also lists it in order of ranking, like a ladder.

To make sure the all-important formula, which extracts the name only (without the score) from the list in the Google Doc list and finds it in the CQ list, is not lost or changed accidentally, it is here:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(LEFT(A4,(LEN(A4)-(7-FIND(" ",RIGHT(A4,6))))),CQdata!$E$9:$I$3243,5,0)),0,(VLOOKUP(LEFT(A4,(LEN(A4)-(7-FIND(" ",RIGHT(A4,6))))),CQdata!$E$9:$I$3243,5,0)))

Cheers
bicing

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just noticed this, Bos is not on my list, I did include him. Now I understand why my list suddenly was less points in the count in this thread

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I've got the teams that Ferminal edited and posted in the thread loaded in the database, as well as those that posted their teams in a "CQ cut and paste friendly format".

I actually prefer not to have the point numbers... I have to go through and remove them first. But it's not a huge deal.

Here are a list of th teams I have and what I have their point totals at based on the file downloaded from CQ. THe only change I made to the CQ points was to add di luca at 113 points (he was showing at 0 before), everything else is straight from the CQ file. Give me a heads up if last year's points were agreed to be different for another rider.

Player 2010 Points
1. Hugo Koblet 7495
2. Moondance 7503
3. who dat 7251
4. Vonn Brinkman 7758
5. The Cobra 7471
6. hrotha 7500
7. auto de fé 7500
8. Parrulo 7493
9. pabryan 7441
10. kurtinsc 7495
11. Rocksteady 7499
12. togo95 7470
13. Barrus 7274
14. Libertine Seguros 7492
15. auscyclefan94 7207
16. Jukebox 7493
17. Contre la montre 7500
18. Bumeington 7492
19. Kvinto 7499
20. ingsve 7500
21. Moncoutie 7499
22. Ferminal 7473
23. deValtos 7491
24. nvpacchi 7470
25. roundabout 6980
26. jens_attacks 7500
27. Mellow Velo 7499
28. The Hitch 7435
29. Team Sky Fans 7485
30. Joy118118 7520
31. Jaiying 7495

The teams that are too high:

2. Moondance 2010 results
BLANCO RODRIGUEZ David 300
BOBRIDGE Jack 149
BOOM Lars 463
BOONEN Tom 777
BOS Theo 182
DEGENKOLB John 144
GERDEMANN Linus 322
GINANNI Francesco 290
GUSEV Vladimir 443
HAEDO Juan Jose 399
HAUSSLER Heinrich 251
KONOVALOVAS Ignatas 180
KUMP Marko 134
LLOYD Matthew 206
MALORI Adriano 213
MARTENS Paul 463
MATTHEWS Michael 278
MOLLEMA Bauke 524
OSS Daniel 390
PELLIZOTTI Franco 60
PHINNEY Taylor 217
SICARD Romain 174
STEEGMANS Gert 255
TERPSTRA Niki 369
VANSUMMEREN Johan 147
WALKER Johnnie 173

4. Vonn Brinkman 2010 results
APPOLLONIO Davide 313
AUGUSTYN John-Lee 40
BALLAN Alessandro 474
BASSO Ivan 984
BOOKWALTER Brent 106
CAVENDISH Mark 1241
CLEMENT Stef 54
DESSEL Cyril 80
FAIRLY Caleb 65
FEILLU Brice 70
FELLINE Fabio 288
GASPAROTTO Enrico 284
GRABOVSKYY Dmytro 104
HAUSSLER Heinrich 251
HONDO Danilo 407
KISERLOVSKI Robert 368
KLIER Andreas 80
NOCENTINI Rinaldo 227
PEDERSEN Martin 72
PELLIZOTTI Franco 60
POSTHUMA Joost 99
RICCO Riccardo 756
SASTRE CANDIL Carlos 574
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio 47
STEEGMANS Gert 255
TERPSTRA Niki 369
VANDE VELDE Christian 90

30. Joy118118 2010 Results
PHINNEY Taylor 217
VAN GARDEREN Tejay 531
GRETSCH Patrick 84
VIVIANI Elia 312
OSS Daniel 390
DEGENKOLB John 144
SICARD Romain 174
RICCO Riccardo 756
KUMP Marko 134
HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus 7
TANNER David 31
HOOGERLAND Johnny 452
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin 121
CARUSO Damiano 200
PONZI Simone 86
BOONEN Tom 777
VELITS Peter 614
BOS Theo 182
CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan 100
KWIATKOWSKI Michal 87
INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA Beñat 443
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres 181
STYBAR Zdenek 9
KASHECHKIN Andrey 84
HAUSSLER Heinrich 251
MATTHEWS Michael 278
RATTO Daniele 150
RASMUSSEN Alex 267
VANDE VELDE Christian 90
DE LA FUENTE RASILLA David 72
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose 0
FELLINE Fabio 288
ROCCHETTI Federico 8

Again... these are only the teams in the initial spreadsheet and those who were posted in an easy to use format in the thread. I did pick up Hitch's changes that were posted as well.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Added:

32. Bicing 7498

From PM to the spreadsheet. I better save this thing before my computer dies. :)
Please include Bos in my list. I think something went wrong along the way, as he is in my team. Theo Bos 182 points

TRENDING THREADS