• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
5/415 that is massive......reminds me of Aus v South Africa 438 game. Gibbs 175, Ponting 165.........that Aus bowler that had something like 115 runs against him off his 10 overs......we just needs a Windies batsman to shine

Also Aus to take unchanged line up into 2nd test against NZ. Also Cummings to miss rest of Test summer against India, also heard Johnson could be out for nearly 12 months (not sure how true that is) and Watsons has not recovered for 2nd test. Also Dan Christian was considered for Hobart test. Pitch is also a bit greener than most previous Hobart wickets

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
5/415 that is massive......reminds me of Aus v South Africa 438 game. Gibbs 175, Ponting 165.........that Aus bowler that had something like 115 runs against him off his 10 overs......we just needs a Windies batsman to shine

Also Aus to take unchanged line up into 2nd test against NZ. Also Cummings to miss rest of Test summer against India, also heard Johnson could be out for nearly 12 months (not sure how true that is) and Watsons has not recovered for 2nd test. Also Dan Christian was considered for Hobart test. Pitch is also a bit greener than most previous Hobart wickets

Poor fellow Mickie Lewis:(
WA signed him for the Big bash last year, I think. Not the best choice to sign a man retired for a couple of years, he did okay.

Dan Christian:confused:, I read it but can't understand it, better batsmen around and better bowlers around. Christian for ODI, I wouldn't mind.

Simmons falls short of 220 by 184 runs. So close.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Looks like NZ will go in with an unchanged line-up as well. TBH, the only change I would make would be bring Boult or Arnel in for Southee, I wouldn't play Watling as I think Pattinson would be too quick for him.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Two things should happen: New Zealand should quit Tests because Dale Steyn will be licking his lips when South Africa tour early next year, or New Zealand are banned from playing ODI and T20 cricket for a couple of years so they can learn how to bat in FC and Test cricket.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I see that 8/150 is a recovery. With such a batting as this, they'd be better of not wasting top teams' time.
9 down. He can have his chin up, Brownlie.
5 for Pattinson and duck for Martin.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Brownlie aside, that was pretty pathetic. Some credit to Bracewell and Southee at least they were able to hang in there for a while but it's not their job to score runs. Taylor, Williamson and Young can be guilty of poor shot selection. Guptil and McCullum got good balls and Ryder was a bit unlucky. Hopefully for New Zealand's sake, this wicket still has some movement in it.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What's most irritating is that NZ have for the past two decades been more of an ODI team but always had players who could fight in tests, Styris like players, now they have rubbish. Here's to Bangladesh doing a better job. Tamim century today.

Gold from Radiosport, a guest says that NZ are in shamble and the response- we're only doing poorly in two areas, batting and bowling.

Tammiiiim, gone for nine playing a cover drive away from his body.

NZ are bad without Vettori ( simple as that ). It's a pity Styris and Oram are too old because NZ need them. McCullam ( being NZ's best batsmen )plays way too risky shots all the time for some reason, but he did get bowled by a good ball today.

Southee i think would have been good on this pitch if only because he is fast. There is also not a lot of swing ( Pattinson bowls less swing than Starc yet is more effective here ). The Gabba was not at all conductive to Southee but this pitch might have been.

He bowled terribly at the Gabba but NZ need at least one leader for the pace attack and should have gone horses for courses for the tour.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bangladesh are doing very well- 4/28.

I'd have wanted to see Vettori fit, if for nothing else, just to see who'd be dropped by NZ between Bracewell and Southee.

4 more days of rain and NZ are safe.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
Bangladesh are doing very well- 4/28.

I'd have wanted to see Vettori fit, if for nothing else, just to see who'd be dropped by NZ between Bracewell and Southee.

4 more days of rain and NZ are safe.

Leave it all for Shakib once again.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My predictions recently have gone pear shaped with Simmons falling 186 short of my prediction, WI 150+ and Tamim more than 90 runs short but I'll still chip in and say that Shakib will score a 100 today.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Hughes would need to make 1000+ runs in each of the next two shield years to be given another chance.

Bet the selectors were wishing that Katich was playing!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Hussey out and Australia 5/58.

The grouds man should get a medal for producing a wicket like this, but he will get dragged over the coals for it. If India were touring now, this wicket would suit Dravid to a tee IMO.