• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
WTF, I swithced the tele off thinking it was a dull match and this happens. Was it bad batting or great spin bowling?

Or did the pitch finally become a Wankhede pitch?

Poor batting I would say as well as some good bowling. We saw a Haddin-esque moment for Marlon Samuels where he tried to belt Ojha over cover only to epic fail and be stumped, a poor shot from Carlton Baugh which led him to get bowled by Ashwin when he was trying to drive him through cover, and Rampaul tried to slog sweep Ojha only to top edge and SRT caught him in the deep.

WI so badly need a quick couple of wickets.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just saw the wickets, lousy from Samuels and airy from Baugh. Makes me dislike Marlon Samuels even more. Ramdin back after this maybe? Unbelievable, especially after the bat dominated for so long.

Harbhajan will not make it to Australia after this.

Sammy's captaincy can't be questioned, it's already proven to be lousy.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Dancing On The Pedals said:
wow. What a finish. Has there ever been a test which finished with the scores level before?

And as I am relying on Cricinfo for updates, what happened on the last ball?

Ashwin was reluctant to run the second which would have won the match for India. He finally set off and was an easy run out.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Duncan Fletcher say that 'We flippin' murdered them' in 5..4..3

:D
To be fair to Lloyd, England did dominate the 2nd innings.

The past couple of months have been great for tests, a great series, a brilliant test here and one in Zimbabwe.
It must be the thread:D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Steve Smith (6.07rpo), Michael Beer (4.61 rpo) and Ben Cutting (4.27rpo) have copped some tap from Ross Taylor (138 from 170 balls with 11 4's and 7 6's) and Jesse Ryder (82* from 82 balls with 7 4's and 6 6's).

NZ are 4/294 after 72.5 overs.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Cutting's batting or Pattinson/Starc's bowling. Tough choice because Australia's new tail seems long and their batting isn't firing consistently.

The bowling seems pretty average either way.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I just hope Michael Beer doesn't get considered for the Indian Tests unless they want him to go the way of Beau Casson, Dan Cullen (remember him?) etc. with guys like Sehwag belting him 10 rows back all the time.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Cullen was never an FC bowler, a bad selection like Doherty. Cullen Bailley's another one, he was supposed to be Warne's successor for one season and since then he hasn't been seen much playing for SA. How's Krejza been doing recently?

I think that Lyon will be picked ahead of Beer.

New Zealand 403/4 :eek:
Ryder's gone mental, 170 of 130 balls.

Beer's taken a tonking, definitely not playing the test and Maddinson's bowled an over. Wow.

Maddinson strikes :eek: Ryder gone 175.

TRENDING THREADS