• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 stage 5. Saint-Trivier-sur-Moignans - Rumilly (186 km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
Damn I missed the stage was busy.
Sounds exciting!
So what happened?
Liquigas and BMC owning wiggins on the descent
So today confirms that wiggins is a crap descender. At Andy's level maybe?
If tomorrows final descent is technical. Nibali and evans can really go for it there, should be interesting.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Sounds exciting!
So what happened?
If tomorrows final descent is technical. Nibali and evans can really go for it there, should be interesting.

No, Wiggo isnt great, but he isn't bad imo. Evans and Nibali are better, but Wiggo isn't crap.

verry good full-gas stage.really entertaining.nice try by cadel and nibali.

now let me prepare you a little bit for joux-plane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oiCIJ2JewPE#t=9s

bradley wiggins in the role of the guy in yellow
murdering mentally all the others contenders for le tour.it's not been said but back in tenerife wiggo improved his accelerations uphill and overall the numbers are that of a beast.

tomorrow,it will get ugly.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Wiggins closed a 10 second gap by himself??
WOW:eek:
He is going to win the tour by 10 minutes alone, just by accelerating away from everyone in each MTF of the tour.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Anyone who likes a rider you don't like is unbearable when that rider wins - this forum never changes.

Oh, come off it.

There's been an influx of bizarre Wiggins cheerleaders here. That doesn't mean that every Wiggins fan is annoying. Or even that having the occasional one-eyed fan is annoying. Bavarianrider, for instance, is (often accidentally) entertaining. Ten Bavarianriders would be hell.

jens_attacks said:
verry good full-gas stage.really entertaining.nice try by cadel and nibali.

now let me prepare you a little bit for joux-plane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oiCIJ2JewPE#t=9s

bradley wiggins in the role of the guy in yellow
murdering mentally all the others contenders for le tour.it's not been said but back in tenerife wiggo improved his accelerations uphill and overall the numbers are that of a beast.

tomorrow,it will get ugly.

Agreed, I think Wiggins will send another message tomorrow. It will not be Allevard that's for sure - he will be at the front, in control.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
1 minute is a pretty big gap.
Don't think it ever got up to a minute. ~30" was the biggest when I was watching at least. Still not very good to lose that on a descent, but could've just been a moment of inattention.

hrotha said:
If he's indeed just building up for the Tour, that's silly. It's not like he has the kind of palmares to be skipping races like this.
Of course, but neither does he have the base level to be good here and stay that way for 6 weeks.

dlwssonic said:
Sounds exciting!
So what happened?
After Evans was caught, actually Wiggins himself got away on the descent. Not to burst your bubble, but it did seem like Evans was just casually let go and then reeled back in.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Of course, but neither does he have the base level to be good here and stay that way for 6 weeks.

After Evans was caught, actually Wiggins himself got away on the descent. Not to burst your bubble, but it did seem like Evans was just casually let go and then reeled back in.

Didn't D_T mention it was a power descent and was not technical.
If wiggins got away on that one I'm not surprised, doesn't mean anything about his descending skills.
Evans probably just let him go.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
What I mean is he should have peaked for this, the nationals and the first week of the Tour.

Nah, he got the trust of his team to build up for the Tour. You're not going to peak for the Dauphiné then. It's really not that big of a deal as some people seem to think. The Dauphiné I mean. If his team needed the WT points I would agree with you, but they're doing good in that department.

That said, he shouldn't be THIS bad that close the the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS