• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 3

Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 3

w2c5l2.jpg

Didn't see a thread yet.

Long TT should create some huge gaps. AC wants to check out the new TT bike so he should be a factor. Who else? Millar, Menchov, Gusev, Brajkovic, Sanchez (though his prologue was quite bad)? Is the climb too much for Grabsch?

I'm hoping Tejay Van Garderen can keep himself within sight of the leaders today. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the long distance, as well as Geraint Thomas, who imo is being overhyped by TeamSkyFans (but would love tobe proven wrong).

Other guys to look out for:
Patrick Gretsch - young, brilliant TT'er, but mostly on plain flat time trials.
Artem Ovechkin - Russian TT champ
Ruben Plaza, Jean-Christophe Peraud, Chris Horner, EBH (How decent IS his form now, he looked good yesterday).

The winner should be Alberto Contador (surprise!), top3 rounded off with Brajkovic and Millar.

Kazistuta said:
I'm hoping Tejay Van Garderen can keep himself within sight of the leaders today. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the long distance, as well as Geraint Thomas, who imo is being overhyped by TeamSkyFans (but would love tobe proven wrong).

Other guys to look out for:
Patrick Gretsch - young, brilliant TT'er, but mostly on plain flat time trials.
Artem Ovechkin - Russian TT champ
Ruben Plaza, Jean-Christophe Peraud, Chris Horner, EBH (How decent IS his form now, he looked good yesterday).

The winner should be Alberto Contador (surprise!), top3 rounded off with Brajkovic and Millar.
Some good choices there Kazistuta ,i am also looking forward to seeing Van Garderen but another young rider to watch will be Bobridge.(My mistake he is not riding)Top 3 stage 1st=Contador 2nd=Millar 3rd=EBH

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
all good name were already mentioned.

i'd stress brajkovic.

also gusev was not bad in a prologue and given his zeal to prove himself and the aptitude in longer itts, perhaps top 5.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
wasn't last years dauphiné ITT also about the same lenght? :p AC probably wins again, but only with 10-15 sec or so, since he'll only ride at 99%.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
michelkreder Start time today: 13.44 and #BertGrabsch start 1min behind me! That will be fun

RussDowning 49km tt in dauphine with lots of wind perfect for me

Gotto love Kreder's tweet. He knows Grabsch will catch him. haha.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Whatever. Length is not going to be an issue here. If Contador wants to win today I suspect no-one will be able to stop him. I may be wrong. I think David Millar was right when he said that Spartacus is pretty much the only guy out there who is consistently a better TTer than Contador right now.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
What's your point? He's won a much shorter TT, and a TT of admittedly the same length but against lesser TT gods than he's faced with here?

Don't worry about it. Grabsch will finish ahead of him!

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Whatever. Length is not going to be an issue here. If Contador wants to win today I suspect no-one will be able to stop him. I may be wrong. I think David Millar was right when he said that Spartacus is pretty much the only guy out there who is consistently a better TTer than Contador right now.

Contador was in the same form last year in the Dauphine and still came fifth on a shorter course with no wind.

I respect and like Alberto. However to say he's going to win with ease today is a bit too much!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I will be ecstatic if Contador doesn't win, but I've taken to just assuming he will dominate every race he enters to save myself from disappointment.