• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There are many surprising results here, but if you look at all of it, the picture changes a bit in my opinion.

We have Lutsenko, Izagirre, Vingegaard, Pöstlberger among the top10, while guys like Thomas and Bjerg underperformed.
I think for some results here the bikes or maybe a good recon, good preparation/ DS might be responsible. Obviously the route was indeed hard to judge, difficult to get a steady rhythm on and the end was very punchy.
So some just managed the route better than others. I don't think the results are a very good indicator of form or strength, just a hint.

There are many surprising results here, but if you look at all of it, the picture changes a bit in my opinion.

We have Lutsenko, Izagirre, Vingegaard, Pöstlberger among the top10, while guys like Thomas and Bjerg underperformed.
I think for some results here the bikes or maybe a good recon, good preparation/ DS might be responsible. Obviously the route was indeed hard to judge, difficult to get a steady rhythm on and the end was very punchy.
So some just managed the route better than others. I don't think the results are a very good indicator of form or strength, just a hint.
Ion Izagirre doing a good time trial should be ZERO surprise to everyone. Especially these type of TT.

Laughing at you guys crying and indirectly saying "Nooooo he beat our british riders he must be a bigger fraaaaaud!!!"

Luts is Astanas most talented rider mared by bad luck the last few years, a former u23 world champ also, he won stop whining and get over it!

Vai Astana!!!

Doesn't seem like there are that many implying he's a fraud. It's mostly just surprise... and in toby's case it seems like surprise at how few ITTs he's won.

Laughing at you guys crying and indirectly saying "Nooooo he beat our british riders he must be a bigger fraaaaaud!!!"

Luts is Astanas most talented rider mared by bad luck the last few years, a former u23 world champ also, he won stop whining and get over it!

Vai Astana!!!

Past 5 years:

GP51OKr.png

You're right though, some big wins, here are the people he beat;

54obZ5l.png

TRENDING THREADS