• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
A new crack in a retaining a wall. It shook a loooong time. But being from Los Angeles. I have been through many. Sylmar, Northridge,Whittier,etc.

Do you remember the contractors name that fixed all the freeways( 5 and 405) way ahead of schedule? I remember some number like 100,000 or a million dollars a day for every day ahead of schedule they could complete the repairs. The guy really kicked as-s

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Sauteed chicken leg quarter with tomatoes, onion, garlic and green olives stuffed with ancho chile. jasmine rice.

good%20touch.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Meat pies are to Aussies as hot dogs are to Americans. They are difficult to find in both USA and Canada, so when I couldn't resist a beef and mushroom pie when I was in England recently. Doesn't look great, but it tastes damn sweeeeet! :)

27061_379554413805_616048805_388089.jpg

Mar 16, 2009
elapid said:
Meat pies are to Aussies as hot dogs are to Americans. They are difficult to find in both USA and Canada, so when I couldn't resist a beef and mushroom pie when I was in England recently. Doesn't look great, but it tastes damn sweeeeet! :)

Is it much different than what we call a pot pie in the US?

Mar 16, 2009
forget meat pies, pot pies. I just found the perfect food. God Bless America and KFC for bringing this to the world.

The "Double Down" is two fried filets that cradle two pieces of bacon, two slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and a squish of Colonel's Sauce.

thumb.php.png

poetry on a plate!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Rib eye steak, mini cheese ravioli with mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, onions, tomatoes, oregano, Romano cheese and crushed red pepper

good%20steat%20%26%20ravioli.jpg

That looks nice!

Meat pies and pot pies are not the same. We eat meat pies while watching the footy in the stands. No sit down meal with silverware.

krebs303 said:
forget meat pies, pot pies. I just found the perfect food. God Bless America and KFC for bringing this to the world.

The "Double Down" is two fried filets that cradle two pieces of bacon, two slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and a squish of Colonel's Sauce.

thumb.php.png

poetry on a plate!

Uhm, just how large of a man are you?

Mar 16, 2009
elapid said:
Meat pies and pot pies are not the same. We eat meat pies while watching the footy in the stands. No sit down meal with silverware.

yeah I looked it up and meat pies are made with puff pastry. sound really good. maybe I'll try it here. could I make it with lobster? crap now I got to make puff pastry and buy lobster. Lobster and ? hot? Asian? Beurre Blanc? curry coconut? holy mother of god Steak & Lobster Pie !

krebs303 said:

thumb.php.png

poetry on a plate!

Just looking at this makes me feel ill.

Susan

PS: Made a big pot of vegetable soup for dinner tonight. Good thing I made a big pot, because my son invited a friend over. Two 16-year-old boys can eat and eat and eat......

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
note to all: That chicken thing that krebs posted, 2 deep fried breasts with cheese and bacon is a real menu item at KFC! It's called the Double Down I walked past the KFC in Penn Station and because of a new law in NYC fast food outlets have to list the calories of there meals. The combo w a soda and fries comes in 1930 calories @8 dollars

Mar 16, 2009
Tomato, onion, poblano jajapeno, garlic. sauteed until just limp and then tossed with shreds of Romaine, olive oil and red wine vinegar. topped with crushed tortilla chips and cheese.
Carnitas arid refried beans.

DSCF1250.JPG

DSCF1257.JPG

Mar 16, 2009
Leftover carnitas,peppers and beans last night. But I had a sweet tooth so
cut up 2 apples. sauteed them with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon. crushed some Ritz crackers mixed it in then let t brown a little on one side flipped it on a plate and served with a dollop of sour cream. aaahhhhhhh

DSCF1259.JPG

TRENDING THREADS