• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Luca tests positive for EPO in OOC test.

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Michele said:
There's a short preview video of tomorrow show on their fb page where Di Luca is asked "how many riders out of 200 during a Giro d'Italia dope?" he answered "90%, it's impossible to do a top10 without doping".

What??!!!! He's just bitter. Maybe even drunk.

Hopefully he plays this as good as Landis did. The cycling federation will probably like to forget him.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Maybe 90 % or the peloton is doping at any particular time, I don't know, but there isn't much reason to think Di Luca knows either. He even says as much; the riders doesn't speak about doping anymore. He might know what some of his mates are doing, not least what they were up to at Vini Fantini, but much of the rest of it seems to be "they are beating me, so they are doped too". His track record when it comes to getting caught doesn't suggest he is very clever when it comes to doping.

Michele said:
Cycling Pro posted the whole interview.
He states a few wrong things imho, like that doping isnt dangerous at all and that even without doping the results would be exactly the same.
Indeed. Not hard to prove the last one wrong, doping has extremely different effects on different people and completely transforms the result sheet. It's just a typical dopers excuse that it doesn't "change anything" because everyone does it, but that's simply not true.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how long it would take before he would get crucified by the new clean generation.
Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky

I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky

Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
vyfCP7V.jpg

DirtyWorks said:
What??!!!! He's just bitter. Maybe even drunk.

Hopefully he plays this as good as Landis did. The cycling federation will probably like to forget him.
But you see, Landis didn't go "everybody dopes crai crai". He gave evidence, named names, was actually hugely useful for the antidoping authorities. What Di Luca has done, at least in public, is worthless, easy to dismiss as "an old bitter doper who can't even conceive of cycling any other way" (hell, even to many of us cynics that's how he comes across).

Basically, unless there's more going on behind the scenes, which I find it unlikely, he's talking out of his *** even if he turned out to be right.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes no point in slagging off Danilo ..
Unless you don't want to hear what he has to say.
Oh if he was crying and sounding apologetic that would be better.. He was a professional and did what professionals do... Got on with it.

Nice post Cyivel.. Just shows the double standard people have come to accept as normal. Tommy D is back racing and finishing today in11th place just reminds us how clean things really are.

I'm glad he is talking and can only hope he has more to say.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Why? I mean I get that it's not as credible without details, but it's not like it's surprising any of it.

Not surprising no, and its possible hes right. I dont think he actually knows how much doping there is in the peloton though, so maybe he is guessing or just making it up to justify his own doping.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Not surprising no, and its possible hes right. I dont think he actually knows how much doping there is in the peloton though, so maybe he is guessing or just making it up to justify his own doping.

Quite likely he's right.... but as you and Hrotha say, unless he has evidence he has no credibility and will be dismissed.

Perhaps he can spill some beans on old doctors/DS/teammates... but even then, it remains to be seen if it will stick. I fear we will have a few howls here for a month and then it peters out.

But let's wait and see.

hrotha said:
...He gave evidence, named names, was actually hugely useful for the antidoping authorities.

If he has anything of use to anti-doping, maybe Italy's(??) NADO will find it useful. If anything, it would make it easier for the next guy to spit in the soup in Italy.

Whatever happened to that anti-doping hotline in Lausanne? "Hallo? Thees ees Danilo Di Luca I want to speak about the drugs. BEEEEEP... Your message was too long. Please call back later."

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
has David Walsh made any comment on this yet?

I think di Luca has given Sky a 'get out of jail card' though. He said 90% of the peloton dope. Clearly the 10% that don't are Team Sky.

TRENDING THREADS