• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does anyone doubt Cadel is clean?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
A team-mate...

...from his days as a mountain bike racer tells of having their gear bags accidently switched. Guess what was inside of Cadel's Oakley zipper bag. Nope, not eye wear :(.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay... Details? More info? It's fine and easy to say that but anyone could about anyone. It is just too vague. It plants suspicion without even a pretense of substantiation. It might as well be 'I heard that some people who went to college with pat mcquaid found half-eaten children under his bed'... Okay well... Great.

I am as keen to hear real details as anyone. Otherwise it is just flaming. Sorry for the unnecessary hyperbole but I think it illustrates my point, however exaggerated :D

A lot of people on this forum really know their stuff. I will respect any justified/substantiated claims. A lot of other people here seem to throw out random, easy generalizations again and again seemingly just to post and continually let everyone know that they think 'everyone dopes' when everyone already knows they think that. It does not breed intelligent discussion at all. It is empty and pointless rhetoric. A very valid theory but useless unless Substantiated AT LEAST on some small level.

I aPologise for the length of my first post. I certainly do not expect many to bother reading it all. I simply want some real damn evIdence if it exists.

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
WOW , didn't really expect his level of doubt out there when i started this thread.

Do I doubt ?

No, sorry but I'm willing to take a position and stand by it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Considering his trainer was arrested (and almost immediately released) in Galgo, I'd wait before trying to answer that. We might learn interesting stuff yet.

and Evans rode for the super doped T-Mobile.;)

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
according to....?

I thought that was generally accepted e.g Rolfrae's post #13 in this thread ".... the fact that he was an outsider and was overlooked for the Tour at T-Mobile ...." which no one has challenged as yet.

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
eatyourvitamins said:
Okay... Details? More info? It's fine and easy to say that but anyone could about anyone. It is just too vague. It plants suspicion without even a pretense of substantiation. It might as well be 'I heard that some people who went to college with pat mcquaid found half-eaten children under his bed'... Okay well... Great.

I am as keen to hear real details as anyone. Otherwise it is just flaming. Sorry for the unnecessary hyperbole but I think it illustrates my point, however exaggerated :D

A lot of people on this forum really know their stuff. I will respect any justified/substantiated claims. A lot of other people here seem to throw out random, easy generalizations again and again seemingly just to post and continually let everyone know that they think 'everyone dopes' when everyone already knows they think that. It does not breed intelligent discussion at all. It is empty and pointless rhetoric. A very valid theory but useless unless Substantiated AT LEAST on some small level.

I aPologise for the length of my first post. I certainly do not expect many to bother reading it all. I simply want some real damn evIdence if it exists.
I do not know if it is true, but it is in German Wikipedia: "There is evidence of cooperation between Cadel Evans and Michele Ferrari. According to Evans, this only relates to the preparation of training plans." http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadel_Evans

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
That rumour was printed by a single German newspaper, who later apologized for getting him confused with Mick Rogers.

The July 2007 article cited in Wikipedia is "20 Minutes Online" which appears to be Swiss. Immediately before falsely asserting an Evans/Ferrari link the outlet acknowledges that he has no known links to doping i.e. "Der ehemalige Mountainbiker wurde noch nie positiv getestet und tauchte auch auf keiner bisherigen Dopingliste auf".

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Nearly said:
The July 2007 article cited in Wikipedia is "20 Minutes Online" which appears to be Swiss. Immediately before falsely asserting an Evans/Ferrari link the outlet acknowledges that he has no known links to doping i.e. "Der ehemalige Mountainbiker wurde noch nie positiv getestet und tauchte auch auf keiner bisherigen Dopingliste auf".

Yeah, that's a reprint of the exact same article.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Yeah, that's a reprint of the exact same article.

Thanks. You would think they could at least cite the original publisher! And here I was thinking Wikipedia was beyond reproach:rolleyes:. Of course there is no such assertion in the English Wikipedia version of the Evans story.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Fausto's Schnauzer said:
...from his days as a mountain bike racer tells of having their gear bags accidently switched. Guess what was inside of Cadel's Oakley zipper bag. Nope, not eye wear :(.

Was it a bottle of helium? Bum-chin ointment? Come on, name names...

He recently mentioned visiting Valencia on The Twitter, so maybe he's been taking advice from Matt White.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Fausto's Schnauzer said:

I heard something like this as well. Cadel was winning on the dirt when testing was a bit lax and most of his WC competitors were doped.

TRENDING THREADS