• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in Austria

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
samhocking said:
I think it's just people looking at PCS Startlist changes and noticing 4x Austrian's were on provisional Giro startlist and assuming they're now not racing Giro because of Operation Alderlass. Not very clever, considering many of the names on PCS list for Giro date back to January and March and there's been 40 other riders removed from start list anyway.
Yes, it's probably just a coincidence.

I think so and other factors too. One rider is sick still from Romandie. Another is already in California as is Moscon now. The third rider announced he's all in for Tour long before withdrawn from Giro provisional list set in January and the 4th seems to be on same race program as him too to race Tour. This is the week, most teams add/drop and announce the final Giro team, not in January to March

samhocking said:
I think so and other factors too. One rider is sick still from Romandie. Another is already in California as is Moscon now. The third rider announced he's all in for Tour long before withdrawn from Giro provisional list set in January and the 4th seems to be on same race program as him too to race Tour. This is the week, most teams add/drop and announce the final Giro team, not in January to March
Yes, thats essentially my post :D

Koren (at Giro), Durasek (at California) and Bozic are linked with Aderlass now.

Hondo said he contacted Schmidt via Croatian and Slovenian phone numbers. Bozic and Koren are Slovenian, Durasek is Croatian..

Gazzetta print article says there are "around 10 riders on the cards, not first class" (E nelle carte ci sono anche una decina di corridori, non di prima fascia.)

TBM:
"Today we have been notified by UCI about the potential Anti-doping rule violation by two members of our Team, rider Kristijan Koren and Sports director Borut Božič. The alleged violations relate to the 2012 and 2013 season.
The Team strictly advocates zero-tolerance doping policy and has therefore provisionally suspended both members concerned.
We would like to stress that both cases relate to the 2012 and/or 2013 seasons. The Team always carries out a thorough medical checks (including biological passport check) of any new signed rider.
The Team will not comment this case until the formal proceedings are final and binding."

http://teambahrainmerida.com/team-bahrain-merida-announcement/

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
AleJet Petacchi (currently commentating on the Rai) denying wrong doing at Milram:
... accused of having recourse to the doping treatments of doctor Mark Schmidt:
"I didn't even know he was a doctor at Milram when I was running. I've never had a transfusion "
from the Gazzetta in Italian here
https://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/14-05-2019/doping-petacchi-operazione-aderlass-lui-si-difende-non-so-perche-compaia-mio-nome-3301610941086.shtml

Perhaps he was confused with another Alejandro Petacchi, world-beating sprinter?

This particular denial strains credibility even more than most, for some reason.

Re: Re:

Bolder said:
TourOfSardinia said:
AleJet Petacchi (currently commentating on the Rai) denying wrong doing at Milram:
"I didn't even know he was a doctor at Milram when I was running. I've never had a transfusion "
https://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/14-05-2019/doping-petacchi-operazione-aderlass-lui-si-difende-non-so-perche-compaia-mio-nome-3301610941086.shtml

Perhaps he was confused with another Alejandro Petacchi, world-beating sprinter?

This particular denial strains credibility even more than most, for some reason.

Just now on Rai AntePrima GIRO - AleJet being substituted for un paio di giorni by Stefano Gazzelli
Clipboard.jpg

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Bolder said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Just now on Rai AntePrima GIRO - AleJet being substituted for un paio di giorni by Stefano Gazzelli
Clipboard.jpg
Edit: Never mind.

luckyboy said:
Maybe a new thread for this? Linked to Aderlass

UCI has been investigating Slovenian riders and staff even before Aderlass, and Bahrain-Merida's managing director is under investigation...

6 Slovenians on the team, 32 professionals, most have some connection with him.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bah...zen-under-uci-investigation-for-doping-links/

And the Le Monde report said Aderlass investigators gave CADF the information that Erzen contacted Dr Schmidt via intermediary to buy a blood centrifuge...

It feels like we might only be at the start of this, given his links to Bahrain and basically all of Slovenian cycling.

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
The end of Bahrain Merida team due to Slovenian links?

The Erzan allegations are pretty damaging, on the face of it. Not only for Bahrain/Merida but also -- potentially, it must be said -- for any Slovenian pro who may have worked with him, including one who happens to be the favorite to win a certain bike race in Italy...

TRENDING THREADS