Doping in other sports?

Page 117 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
How's this possible when Norwegians don't dope? :rolleyes:
I can already sense the Norwegian officials thinking that, well, she isn't Norwegians, she's Ugandan...I wrote this weeks ago regarding the Swedish track runner and her positive for meldonium. The Andy Murray effect. When they win, they are yours, when they lose or get in trouble, they are from where they came from.

With the news that anti doping officials and organizations will look at meldonium and see how long it actually stays in the system and whether or not it's even performance enhancing (strange, I know) and if they will drop the cases of those that failed the tests post January 1, I am not sure what will happen. She, along with those that took meldonium, might be cleared.

It is very strange to see this popping onto the radar just weeks ago, and how it came on WADA's banned list on January 1st, after it's been used for decades in various parts of the world. Whatever happened with XENON?
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
BullsFan22 said:
It is very strange to see this popping onto the radar just weeks ago, and how it came on WADA's banned list on January 1st, after it's been used for decades in various parts of the world. Whatever happened with XENON?
died with dennis hopper and inhaling amyl nitrite in blue velvet

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/45089 PBR #ftw and monica lewinsky soiled gown linda tripp and korean dry cleaners
 
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
wansteadimp said:
Should the question now be is there any one in Russia who wasn't on Meldonium? Maybe it was being added to the water supply!

The whole of the U18 ice hickey team has tested positive and been replaced for the U18 World Champs

http://deadspin.com/reports-entire-russian-u18-hockey-team-replaced-before-1769366600
Flint Michigan
Everyone is always trying to blame the Russians
for everything. In fact, the melodeon is popular
in certain parts of England too, my friend! :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpZYznP1CY&nohtmI5=False
 
UFC Fighter Frank Mir just tested positive: I must admit, for someone new to the game he's answers are fairly spot on. Overall I'd give him a B+ - I especially like his dismount. I think this could be a fun, new game to play. Rate the denial.

Mir said: 'To all my fans and supporters, (loses points for NOT mentioning the UFC) I recently have been notified by USADA that the test I took on the night of the fight came back positive for a substance that I did not take.

'I don't know how it is possible since I didn't take any performance enhancing drugs to compete. (nice comeback with patented denial)

'I have never tested positive for a banned substance since joining the UFC and becoming two-time champion. I ask all of you to hold judgement against me until all the facts have been revealed.'

Champions do not cheat! - and his dismount -Boom! Welcome aboard, Frank!
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Got to love the old 'Boxers don't dope' when they're gaining so much muscle without gaining any body fat in such short periods of time :eek:
but Mir got fat quickly, not just muscle. He had definitely done it to leverage his "ground game" and wrestlinh/BJJ... not that i watch the sport, but he was 6'3 ish, 100kg about when Brock Lesnar just ragdolled him on the re-match(cos I think FM got BL in a submission first time)
 
As per Kimbo Slice:
"I don't think the commissioners should really blackball fighters for having to use a little extra vitamins to perform. 'Cause we're entertainers. We perform on a high level. We put our body through some extreme workout to entertain the public and the media. The commissioners should sit down and come to an agreement on what levels should be okay. The levels should be okay for professional entertainers on that level. You know, not so much like some guy who's doing this for a living. We're not those guys. We're just performing for a certain time. So yes, our levels should be just a little bit above normal. That should be okay in the professional world."
Punchdrunk, maybe?
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
StyrbjornSterki said:
As per Kimbo Slice:
"I don't think the commissioners should really blackball fighters for having to use a little extra vitamins to perform. 'Cause we're entertainers. We perform on a high level. We put our body through some extreme workout to entertain the public and the media. The commissioners should sit down and come to an agreement on what levels should be okay. The levels should be okay for professional entertainers on that level. You know, not so much like some guy who's doing this for a living. We're not those guys. We're just performing for a certain time. So yes, our levels should be just a little bit above normal. That should be okay in the professional world."
Punchdrunk, maybe?
Nah, just honest.
 
Mar 11, 2009
1,005
0
0
Maxiton said:
StyrbjornSterki said:
As per Kimbo Slice:
"I don't think the commissioners should really blackball fighters for having to use a little extra vitamins to perform. 'Cause we're entertainers. We perform on a high level. We put our body through some extreme workout to entertain the public and the media. The commissioners should sit down and come to an agreement on what levels should be okay. The levels should be okay for professional entertainers on that level. You know, not so much like some guy who's doing this for a living. We're not those guys. We're just performing for a certain time. So yes, our levels should be just a little bit above normal. That should be okay in the professional world."
Punchdrunk, maybe?
Nah, just honest.
Which raises the question, if these "vitamins" are necessary 1) why is the "sport" legal?
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re: Re:

blackcat said:
PremierAndrew said:
Got to love the old 'Boxers don't dope' when they're gaining so much muscle without gaining any body fat in such short periods of time :eek:
but Mir got fat quickly, not just muscle. He had definitely done it to leverage his "ground game" and wrestlinh/BJJ... not that i watch the sport, but he was 6'3 ish, 100kg about when Brock Lesnar just ragdolled him on the re-match(cos I think FM got BL in a submission first time)
Mir gained a huge amout of muscle mass after the 2nd fight with Lesnar, he got really big to compete with guys like Lesnar and Carwin.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
Nick C. said:
Maxiton said:
StyrbjornSterki said:
As per Kimbo Slice:
"I don't think the commissioners should really blackball fighters for having to use a little extra vitamins to perform. 'Cause we're entertainers. We perform on a high level. We put our body through some extreme workout to entertain the public and the media. The commissioners should sit down and come to an agreement on what levels should be okay. The levels should be okay for professional entertainers on that level. You know, not so much like some guy who's doing this for a living. We're not those guys. We're just performing for a certain time. So yes, our levels should be just a little bit above normal. That should be okay in the professional world."
Punchdrunk, maybe?
Nah, just honest.
Which raises the question, if these "vitamins" are necessary 1) why is the "sport" legal?
Good question, I dunno. Money?
 
Sep 2, 2010
1,853
0
0
Being a MMA fighter would be incredibly taxing on the body simply due to the number of disciplines they have to train on a weekly basis plus strength and conditioning. Incredibly difficult I'd imagine.
 
Mar 11, 2009
1,005
0
0
Maxiton said:
Nick C. said:
Maxiton said:
StyrbjornSterki said:
As per Kimbo Slice:
"I don't think the commissioners should really blackball fighters for having to use a little extra vitamins to perform. 'Cause we're entertainers. We perform on a high level. We put our body through some extreme workout to entertain the public and the media. The commissioners should sit down and come to an agreement on what levels should be okay. The levels should be okay for professional entertainers on that level. You know, not so much like some guy who's doing this for a living. We're not those guys. We're just performing for a certain time. So yes, our levels should be just a little bit above normal. That should be okay in the professional world."
Punchdrunk, maybe?
Nah, just honest.
Which raises the question, if these "vitamins" are necessary 1) why is the "sport" legal?
Good question, I dunno. Money?
lol, I guess. That seems to be at the root of the answer to a lot of things.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
Re:

whittashau said:
Being a MMA fighter would be incredibly taxing on the body simply due to the number of disciplines they have to train on a weekly basis plus strength and conditioning. Incredibly difficult I'd imagine.
Nick C. said:
Maxiton said:
Nick C. said:
Which raises the question, if these "vitamins" are necessary 1) why is the "sport" legal?
Good question, I dunno. Money?
lol, I guess. That seems to be at the root of the answer to a lot of things.
MMA fighter Joao Carvalho dies from head injuries
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
blackcat said:
PremierAndrew said:
Got to love the old 'Boxers don't dope' when they're gaining so much muscle without gaining any body fat in such short periods of time :eek:
but Mir got fat quickly, not just muscle. He had definitely done it to leverage his "ground game" and wrestlinh/BJJ... not that i watch the sport, but he was 6'3 ish, 100kg about when Brock Lesnar just ragdolled him on the re-match(cos I think FM got BL in a submission first time)
Mir gained a huge amout of muscle mass after the 2nd fight with Lesnar, he got really big to compete with guys like Lesnar and Carwin.
the recent fight in Brisbane, it was a different bodyweight, he was fat, but not thru lack of conditioning, i would have been an (economics) Game Theory, strategy, triangulating his strengths and potential versus his weight class. Like Randy Couture went up and down classes to target champion belts.

It was more like a japanese sumo fighter the weight, not the muscle he added on his upper body 2-3 years back. I dont know, but I did see him with the muscle he added post Lesnar first time 'round
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
blackcat said:
PremierAndrew said:
Got to love the old 'Boxers don't dope' when they're gaining so much muscle without gaining any body fat in such short periods of time :eek:
but Mir got fat quickly, not just muscle. He had definitely done it to leverage his "ground game" and wrestlinh/BJJ... not that i watch the sport, but he was 6'3 ish, 100kg about when Brock Lesnar just ragdolled him on the re-match(cos I think FM got BL in a submission first time)
Mir gained a huge amout of muscle mass after the 2nd fight with Lesnar, he got really big to compete with guys like Lesnar and Carwin.


 
^I have loved pro wrestling since I was a kid. It's the one sport where we can be honest. It isn't "real," with the story lines and all, the outcomes are rigged, and the athletes are all clearly on drugs, both rec.and PED. It is the one sport I can watch and truly just enjoy for the entertainment value. And, to be 7' and 350 pounds and do some of those moves...still gotta be a skilled athlete.

Plus, the sport gave us Dusty Rhodes...

I just wish the NBA and NFL would admit they are a) rigged b) full of dopers.
 
The UFC have been dealt a double-blow this week. Yesterday, barely 24 hours before the scheduled bout at (today's) UFC on FOX 19, the UFC announced that lightweight Islam Makhachev had tested positive for Meldonium (which only made the WADA prohibited list this 1 January) in a recent OOC test. Makhachev was suspended and his scheduled bout against Drew Dober was canceled.

USADA might finally be getting their feet under them in the UFC, because past announcements typically didn't provide details of the substance in question at the same as the violation was announced. And this one apparently was a very recent OOC. Next stop: same day service.

And Lyoto Machida also was pulled from the UFC on FOX 19 card because he voluntarily listed a prohibited substance (DHEA) in the forms he was required to fill out before an OOC was administered. And naturally he claims he didn't know an over-the-counter "supplement" might be prohibited.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Re:

nayr497 said:
^I have loved pro wrestling since I was a kid. It's the one sport where we can be honest. It isn't "real," with the story lines and all, the outcomes are rigged, and the athletes are all clearly on drugs, both rec.and PED. It is the one sport I can watch and truly just enjoy for the entertainment value. And, to be 7' and 350 pounds and do some of those moves...still gotta be a skilled athlete.

Plus, the sport gave us Dusty Rhodes...

I just wish the NBA and NFL would admit they are a) rigged b) full of dopers.
and NHL and MLB

tous dope
 
Before the Texas authorities even have had time to decide how to sanction Kimbo Slice for his positive for Nandrolone at Bellator 149 (19 February, Houston), he already is slated to fight again at Bellator 158 (16 July, London). While the organisation did suspend KS for 90 days, that suspension only prohibits him fighting, not training or sparring. The 90 days (which apparently was the briefest suspension the Texas anti-PEDs code would have allowed) represents a rather short "turn-around" in men's professional MMA, so it hardly could be called a "punishment," and the London venue puts the fight beyond the jurisdiction of the state of Texas.
 
Just finished reading MSN story on Boston Marathon and Ethiopia runners winning both Men's and Women's title. Comments were largely ignorant, racist, nationalist mini-rants from "conservative" individuals that know nothing of the sport. This US election cycle has brought out the worst in our country's fringe. Amazing they have the brainpower to turn a computer on, let alone comment. I'm placing in this topic area because only Doping could be the cause of this...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY