• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in other sports?

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Re:

gazr99 said:
What is the benefit of an estrogen blocker?

If he was on Testosterone he would need to take an estrogen blocker.
The test would be external and so his body would stop providing his own.
whilst at the same time his body would register an increase in test and start producing massive amounts of estrogen.
He would then get stronger and more aggressive but also have boobs !!!

I think that is right from previous conversations on here with more medically trained people than myself

Brock Lesnar also tested positive for clomiphene. He and Jones must belong to the same "PED of the Month" club.

Lesnar was OOCed five times in the span of a week. The fourth test was the only one came back positive. For a drug with a half-life of 5-7 days. Hhhmmmm......

And he tested positive a second time on fight day, 11 days after the date of the positive, also for clomiphene.

A Fox Sports journalist ended up resigning after they took down his column on the Lesnar issue, focusing on the fact that Lesnar had failed a test 11 days before the fight but was still allowed to fight. The resignation was about Fox Sports censoring articles that they thought might offend their commercial partner, UFC, rather than about the particular issues covered in the article. But I'm a bit confused about the article's complaint - just how fast do USADA go from collecting a sample to announcing a positive in UFC normally? 11 days seems like a very short time span for anything much to happen to a fan of most other sports.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
A Fox Sports journalist ended up resigning after they too down on his column on the Lesnar issue, focusing on the fact that Lesnar had failed a test 11 days before the fight but was still allowed to fight. The resignation was about Fox Sports censoring articles that they thought might offend their commercial partner, UFC, rather than about the particular issues covered in the article. But I'm a bit confused about the article's complaint - just how fast do USADA go from collecting a sample to announcing a positive in UFC normally? 11 days seems like a very short time span for anything much to happen to a fan of most other sports.

I don't know but probably more to do with the safety aspect when it comes to UFC.

If you know a figher is doping and could be on the juice then you owe a duty of care to the guy he or she is fighting to get the fight halted if at all possible until it is dealt with.

Don't forget the WWE are getting sued for the physical damage their fighters have gone through over the years and their insistence on not having them as employees and from my recollection the fighters on the UFC roster are not independent contractors but UFC paid fighters for the most part.

Re: Re:

Rob27172 said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
A Fox Sports journalist ended up resigning after they too down on his column on the Lesnar issue, focusing on the fact that Lesnar had failed a test 11 days before the fight but was still allowed to fight. The resignation was about Fox Sports censoring articles that they thought might offend their commercial partner, UFC, rather than about the particular issues covered in the article. But I'm a bit confused about the article's complaint - just how fast do USADA go from collecting a sample to announcing a positive in UFC normally? 11 days seems like a very short time span for anything much to happen to a fan of most other sports.

I don't know but probably more to do with the safety aspect when it comes to UFC.

If you know a figher is doping and could be on the juice then you owe a duty of care to the guy he or she is fighting to get the fight halted if at all possible until it is dealt with.

Don't forget the WWE are getting sued for the physical damage their fighters have gone through over the years and their insistence on not having them as employees and from my recollection the fighters on the UFC roster are not independent contractors but UFC paid fighters for the most part.

Yes, that was the essential point of the original article. There are certainly good reasons for combat sports to have a "fast track" for test results. What I'm curious about is whether there actually is such an arrangement between USADA and the UFC. 11 days is a very fast turnaround by dope testing standards in sport generally, after all.

On a more general note, has there ever been the kind of complete carnage there has been in the UFC since the USADA deal started in any sport from testing alone? It seems like they've caught half the big names in the sport in a very short period.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Iirc Mike Neel was into horse racing before he founded 7 eleven.
I might be mixing him up with somebody, but it's par for the course really.

Still, that's a flabbergasting story about spains minister of sports.
Only in Spain, some would say.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Doping is prevalent in flats horse racing. The most famous stable in the world, Godolphin (owned by the Emir of Abu Dhabi, I believe), had 22 horses test positive for steroids a few years back. It's even worse in America; apparently just about every Kentucky Derby winner has been doped to its eyeballs.

Re:

WWE has reiterated that they will not sanction Lesnar for the UFC doping incident: "WWE's talent wellness program does not apply to part-time performers such as Brock Lesnar."

Jon Jones obviously has loaned his copy of "Weaseling Out Of A Drug Test Positive For Dummies" to his NFL footballer brother, Arthur Jones: "I did a piss poor job of double checking my supplements to make sure nothing was banned." Which is a rehash of statements Jon's manager previously made (on Jon's behalf and in presence), which 'Bones' then doubled-down on: "Not trying 2 come across as a victim if anything Im a victim of my own ignorance..." Quite the candid double entendre, eh wot?

Zinoviev Letter said:
A Fox Sports journalist ended up resigning after they took down his column on the Lesnar issue, focusing on the fact that Lesnar had failed a test 11 days before the fight but was still allowed to fight....
To say that Lesnar failed a test 11 days before the fight is an oversimplification that omits one crucial detail. The test was administered 11 days before the fight but the positive result was not determined until after the event. USADA's Jeff Novitzky personally rang up Mark Hunt to explain this.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160728-olympics-more-positive-tests-olympic-weightlifters
A total of 11 lifters were provisionally suspended for returning positive tests, including another five who did not win medals in London, the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) added in a statement posted on its website Wednesday.

They were among 45 athletes the International Olympic Committee said last week had been caught in a second wave of testing on samples stored from the 2008 and 2012 Games.
In a bid to clean up the sport for the Rio Olympics, the IWF has barred the entire Bulgarian team for repeated doping offences and warned Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus they could face the same fate.

In addition, the IWF has punished North Korea, Romania, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan and Moldova by reducing the allocation of lifters they can send to Rio.

Re:

Cannibal72 said:
Doping is prevalent in flats horse racing. The most famous stable in the world, Godolphin (owned by the Emir of Abu Dhabi, I believe), had 22 horses test positive for steroids a few years back. It's even worse in America; apparently just about every Kentucky Derby winner has been doped to its eyeballs.

USA had different rules regarding drugs and horse racing as far as I know but I am sure it still happens with other drugs. It's old news in Australia as well, recently some trainers were banned for cobalt use in race horses.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Australian triathlete Lisa Marangon popped for Ostarine and will receive a four year ban. Usual lame excuses.

You can read a bit more about Ostarine (MK 2866) here, pretty much freely available in gyms now so will be commonly used by athletes http://www.evolutionary.org/ostarine-mk-2866-anabolic-steroids/

Ostarine exerts its effects in a very anabolic way, comparisons have been made with the Anabolic steroid primobolan. Generally, a user will see increased muscle mass, very positive effect on joints and bones, as well as as boost in nitrogen retention.

Another interesting aspect, as opposed to your typical steroid, is that SARMS remain very hard to detect for anti-doping agencies. Since SARMS bypass the well known 4 ring steroid structure, they are not steroids. However, SARMS exert many of the same performance enhancing effects that steroids do, without the side effects (3)

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Alex Simmons/RST said:
This news seems to have passed the clinic by, although I don't visit all threads so may not have seen it here:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stephen-dank-still-plans-to-expose-league-club-in-spite-of-shooting-incident-20160730-gqhdxz.html

Stephen Dank, the guy behind several football teams' supplements / injection programs, was shot the other day just before giving a speech in which he plans to name and shame another football club.

1. I bet the shooting was a setup.
2. The name and shame allegations would be more of his same BS.

Night Rider said:
Alex Simmons/RST said:
This news seems to have passed the clinic by, although I don't visit all threads so may not have seen it here:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stephen-dank-still-plans-to-expose-league-club-in-spite-of-shooting-incident-20160730-gqhdxz.html

Stephen Dank, the guy behind several football teams' supplements / injection programs, was shot the other day just before giving a speech in which he plans to name and shame another football club.

1. for what purpose?

2. who knows? but he did say he's still planning to do it. time will tell I suppose

Night Rider said:
Alex Simmons/RST said:

If it was a set up it was a good one as the bullet grazed his head !

movingtarget said:
If it was a set up it was a good one as the bullet grazed his head !
1469916775287.jpg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, saw the photos at the time. Black eye, grazed forehead and bullet holes. It's not like the three couldn't be staged if you wanted?

From your own article ... and another journalist alluded to it being staged the week before.

There have been suggestions that you staged the shooting? "Horse hockey," he said.

Do the police have any leads? "No."

Dank is a compulsive liar who craves attention, relevance and needs money from interviews, I will believe it was a 'hit' when the police charge someone.

TRENDING THREADS