• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dwars door Vlaanderen - coming soon (March 31)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Mathieu van der Poel win Dwars door Vlaanderen 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Though I must say it will be hard for any race this year to surpass the moment where Bennett lost some extra Wright as a result of eating too much at once and going too deep on Kemmelberg.

alfred-wright-2021.jpeg
?

Autocorrect?

Merlier in the Belgian press: Mathieu told me he was not ok. At first I thaught he was joking but he wasn't. So from that moment we rode for me.

So MVP was not doing a training ride but he apparently had a bad day. Could be a bad sign for de Ronde, but with MVP you never know.

Van Baarle with a well deserved win. Incredible strong today. Hoping for him to content on Sunday as well.

"Merlier in the Belgian press: Mathieu told me he was not ok. At first I thaught he was joking but he wasn't. So from that moment we rode for me. "

So, Kirby was right! and

"Kirby is a giant idiot if he didn't see MVDP was training / working for Merlier. " isn't wearing so well.

Reactions: Ulfhednar
Merlier in the Belgian press: Mathieu told me he was not ok. At first I thaught he was joking but he wasn't. So from that moment we rode for me.

So MVP was not doing a training ride but he apparently had a bad day. Could be a bad sign for de Ronde, but with MVP you never know.
If anything, the fact that a teammate would say this to the press 3 days out from RVV makes it even less likely that it's true.

Van Baarle with a well deserved win. Incredible strong today. Hoping for him to content on Sunday as well.
Wonder if its having a rest after some heavy racing. We shall see on Sunday.

Reactions: Sandisfan
If anything, the fact that a teammate would say this to the press 3 days out from RVV makes it even less likely that it's true.

In cycling this is certainly possible. But Merlier doesn't strike me as the type who would do that. And Mathieu is not very good at hiding when he has the legs. So if I had to guess I would say it is true.

But who knows, it could be a big scheme to drive WvA in the nr 1 contender position.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS