• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I must have missed it but what happened? One second he was with Rog/Vin then was almost caught by Remco, was that related?
I think that was about a KM or so after the mechanical. It occurred before Roglic’s attack. It looked like his chain dropped and he had to put it back on. He went from riding in the group to a complete stand still and had to reaccelerate so he wasn’t dropped out of the back.

I'd be shocked if Mas went to the Giro. It's just not an important enough race for the team to send their primary GC guy.
For the Tour, Movistar is in the same position as almost every other team. No shot of winning but they'll bring their top riders because it's the race with the most visibility. The won't need to control the race, anyhow, so they can still go for stages with Mas there.

I like Mas enough to know it's better to have a shot at the Giro, then get steam rollered by Jumbo, UAE & Bora at the Tour. (even though Movistar management would want him at the Tour). He's 29 in January, and Remco, Pogacar and Vingegaard are younger so I can not see it getting any better in the future.

I like Mas enough to know it's better to have a shot at the Giro, then get steam rollered by Jumbo, UAE & Bora at the Tour. (even though Movistar management would want him at the Tour). He's 29 in January, and Remco, Pogacar and Vingegaard are younger so I can not see it getting any better in the future.

Mas at the Giro. You love him. You know it's better for him. But still you get this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yox7tCtdtZs

So whats's the best Mas can get at the Tour? 5th? and that's not taking Adam Yates, or Sepp Kuss into consideration!
For the guy's morale I'd get him to do the Giro & Vuelta and send Lazkano and a bunch of stage hunters with Gaviria to the Tour.
If he stays upright he can finish on the podium. Winning it is beyond him, but it also depends on who shows up. Roglic isn’t ever guaranteed to finish the TDF and the only other guys who are a clear level above besides Roglic are Tadej and Jonas. Remco maybe but he’s nowhere near a sure thing at this point. Carapaz in perfect health would be a good battle too.

Mas just really needs some good luck for once.

If he stays upright he can finish on the podium. Winning it is beyond him, but it also depends on who shows up. Roglic isn’t ever guaranteed to finish the TDF and the only other guys who are a clear level above besides Roglic are Tadej and Jonas. Remco maybe but he’s nowhere near a sure thing at this point. Carapaz in perfect health would be a good battle too.

Mas just really needs some good luck for once.
Kuss, A Yates are better than Mas.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan