• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 539 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So basically Jonas tends not to stomp. Point proven? And there is a clear difference on how Jonas and Pogi rode into the sunset, alone and holding hands. But with Remco and Rogla. It was all hands? That is the difference?

About that. Such arguments are just for making things up. As it used to be Rogla crashes a lot, he is old, years back, ... Meanwhile Rogla won everything important in stage racing bar ToS and the Tour. And still going strong.

And all in all if you portray Rogla like that, how should then quality cyclists like Mas, Thomas, Landa, Ayuso, Yates (both), Almeida, Carapaz ... be perceived?

Well, annihilators, if you are listening. Try that next year. And lets see how that goes. If not in 2024 maybe a (couple of) year(s) later. When Rogla will indeed be more of a cycling grandpa. Having a beard and going ho ho ho. That is going after beating the Horner record.

Till then this are just some theories.
Your first paragraphs has been talked about ad nauseam, you just don’t read what others posts and micromanage a word or sentence in paragraphs of writing.

Theories, like your conspiracy theory everyone is against and actively screwing Roglic?

Actually Geraint Thomas said that: “The one thing I would say is that Remco hates Jumbo, and Jumbo hate Remco, so that’s not gonna work, is it? Unless they do different programmes,” said Thomas. "You should hear what Roglič says about Remco,” he continued, as Rowe joked for them to “stir the pot now.”
And where did he say that Roglič hates Remco? He didn't, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Your first paragraphs has been talked about ad nauseam, you just don’t read what others posts and micromanage a word or sentence in paragraphs of writing.

I read what other people write and some of it tends to cause nausea. Like now this latest claims on how Pogi, Jonas, Remco ... wins are somehow greater. I guess at least until they race against Rogla?

Note that this used to be Rogla crashes a lot, too old ... Well, the usual BS.

Theories, like your conspiracy theory everyone is against and actively screwing Roglic?

Here i feel that you meant @Rackham? Pun intended.

P.S. I am the one not buying into this Rogla being No.3 BS. Demanding sole Tour leadership. The gist of it.

I read what other people write and some of it tends to cause nausea. Like now this latest claims on how Pogi, Jonas, Remco ... wins are somehow greater. I guess at least until they race against Rogla?

Note that this used to be Rogla crashes a lot, too old ... Well, the usual BS.

Here i feel that you meant @Rackham? Pun intended.

P.S. I am the one not buying into this Rogla being No.3 BS. Demanding sole Tour leadership. The gist of it.
There’s a difference between wins being argued as greater and dominating the competition. We’re talking about the later right now, the former was before and during the Vuelta.

No I meant you. You’ve spouted how Bahrain is against Roglic, his other riders don’t like and support him and make him crash by not giving space, the team does everything in their power to screw him, etc.

There’s a difference between wins being argued as greater and dominating the competition. We’re talking about the later right now, the former was before and during the Vuelta.

So in your opinion Rogla isn't dominating stage racing in last couple of years?

No I meant you. You’ve spouted how Bahrain is against Roglic, his other riders don’t like and support him and make him crash by not giving space, the team does everything in their power to screw him, etc.

Aha, Bahrain. You had to dig deep for that one. I don't see on why any conspiracy would be needed here.

Two Bahrain sprinters involved in Rogla crashing out of a GT. Rogla saying that out loud, now the problem resolved. No crashes involving the mentioned teams or riders any more. As it should be. Lets just keep it at that and we are good.

As for JV supporting Rogla as a leader on a GT. In the last two Tour editions and in the latest Vuelta edition indeed the support was rather subpar. At Tour mainly due to too many interests involved. At Vuelta, well, there Rogla was delivered to the hill and after people in the car decided, on who should race and when and how. It would in my opinion be hard to argue, that the decisions went in Rogličes favour. But feel free to prove otherwise if you believe this is a conspiracy theory. And the team actually worked in Rogličes favour.

That’s some pretty dumb…or at least unnecessary…stuff for Thomas to put out there. Who does that help? Makes Roglič and Evenepoel look bad for no reason. Thought he was smarter. Does he need listeners that badly? Then to walk it back with “joking”…lame.

It's totally blown out of proportion.

Thomas only wanted to start a quarrel in between Rogla and Remco, to have Remco for himself. Now the truth came out and he needed to apologize for it.

You got to love cycling!

Nah. In the same watts occurring podcast there's also some banter aimed at their own Ineos teammate Kim Heiduk for causing a crash in the European championships (after he already made Thomas crash in the Vuelta).

We don't see headlines "GERAINT THOMAS INSINUATES HIS TEAMMATE HEIDUK IS A CRASH MERCHENT".

The press is just hungry for cycling drama, that's all. The Jumbo-Quick-Step merger is gold dust at the moment (for example Wielerflits are literally contacting pro-teams right now asking them whether they're interested in Quick-Step's pro license... just to generate more articles on the topic).