• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 622 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic always killing the entertainment. Why he didn't help Remco evenepoel when they were together? If he helped evenepoel, they could had go together to the finish line, and take time on all of the opponents, it would be beneficial for roglic ambitions on this race.

Roglic has the power to do better than this. If he responded to evenepoel's attack, then he had the legs to help each other in the flat section.

Roglic always killing the entertainment. Why he didn't help Remco evenepoel when they were together? If he helped evenepoel, they could had go together to the finish line, and take time on all of the opponents, it would be beneficial for roglic ambitions on this race.

Roglic has the power to do better than this. If he responded to evenepoel's attack, then he had the legs to help each other in the flat section.
No need to change the playbook from Catalunya.

Just my opinion but someone, or everyone is going to crack on stage 4, got some poppers that 13,..15% and if legs are having a tough time today, Roglic will be lucky to have a teammate left.
Stage 7? This race is not going to be seconds separating the top 5 riders, in my opinion but stage 4 is my highlight..

He could had pushed with Evenepoel together until the finish line, and beating him in the sprint.

That would be bad tactics. Evenepoel has a better chance in a flat sprint then in a hilly sprint. Why would he do this? After Catalunya Roglic only fears Evenepoel at the moment.

Roglic is a killer. He knows his strength and weakness. Evenpoel is a great rider but doesn't always ride smart. He easily gets emotional. In last years giro he was also too stressed in the first week.
He shouldn't be pissed but attack more often if Roglic is in a bad position like today. That makes him nervous. If he is already whining after today Roglic gets mentally stronger.

That would be bad tactics. Evenepoel has a better chance in a flat sprint then in a hilly sprint. Why would he do this? After Catalunya Roglic only fears Evenepoel at the moment.

Roglic is a killer. He knows his strength and weakness. Evenpoel is a great rider but doesn't always ride smart. He easily gets emotional. In last years giro he was also too stressed in the first week.
He shouldn't be pissed but attack more often if Roglic is in a bad position like today. That makes him nervous. If he is already whining after today Roglic gets mentally stronger.
I don't agree. Roglic is more explosive than Evenepoel in every type of sprint.

Denz, Haller, Van Poppel, Jungels and Sobrero. Basically the best Bora has to offer for a flat stage and he was in a bad position when it mattered most. Bora needs to bring an entire sprint train just to keep Roglic in position. Don't worry about the mountains. He can just follow his old teammates from Visma.

He could had pushed with Evenepoel together until the finish line, and beating him in the sprint.
Well I'm pretty sure that you're not aware, but I'm also sure Roglic is, that by going together with Remco until the finish line Roglic would enter the Remco territory and spend much more energy then him, which would maybe cost him badly later in the race. Remco is a roleur and loves to ride like this, while Roglic is far from that, and loves different kind of racing. Don't get me wrong, he'll do that when there's a need, but today was far from that.

In my opinion a good season opener for Rogla and based on Remcos semi attack, that revealed Rogla is in a good form. Tomorrow Bora will likely need to get Rogla through safely, then a GC battle begins. Hard to tell on how TTT will go but somehow i am optimistic. As good form, gear and team should push Rogla ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savant12
Well I'm pretty sure that you're not aware, but I'm also sure Roglic is, that by going together with Remco until the finish line Roglic would enter the Remco territory and spend much more energy then him, which would maybe cost him badly later in the race. Remco is a roleur and loves to ride like this, while Roglic is far from that, and loves different kind of racing. Don't get me wrong, he'll do that when there's a need, but today was far from that.
Yes, this exactly. I love watching two great riders with different skill sets.

So first big TT test tomorrow, fingers crossed. It's rather important to do good, signalling form, team and gear is just perfect.

P.S. In an interview for local media Rogla said he sometimes still automatically looks for yellow (team mates) when positioning and and when he rode away the camera caught he is still in good relations with Visma staff, by greeting each other.

The bad news is GC in Paris-Nice looks flarked.

The good news is he looks strong, i.e. just my impression but he looks stronger on his 3rd race day of the season in 2024 than he did last year in Tirreno (or back in 2022 as well).

Also, the really good news is there's no more TTT this season. So the pros & cons of Bora's performance today are a moot point. Rog + Vlasov + Hindley remains a very strong climbing trio for the TdF.

Reactions: acm