• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 646 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You may find best training numbers ever in any random post from Contador between 2013 and 2017.

There's no real relevance here. It's simply Aldag confirming Rog has recovered from Itzulia (i.e. for example he doesn't have knee problems). He's doing recon rides & going to altitude in a few days. So it's totally... on.

I can't wait for the Dauphiné tbh. There's a 34km ITT which should be good testing ground for the Specialized gear.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
I do believe the numbers are good and will only get better. No way has Rogla aimed at 110% for his spring campaign, such effort and training block is reserved for the Tour. As for his "only" chance(s). Lets not forget Rogličes chances last year were exactly 0%. As he wasn't selected into the Tour team. So chances should be slightly higher this year and beyond.

Reactions: acm and Sandisfan
I do believe the numbers are good and will only get better. No way has Rogla aimed at 110% for his spring campaign, such effort and training block is reserved for the Tour. As for his "only" chance(s). Lets not forget Rogličes chances last year were exactly 0%. As he wasn't selected into the Tour team. So chances should be slightly higher this year and beyond.
I'd give him 2% ;)

Reactions: CyclistAbi
It appears he's in good shape:

I think ppl are underestimating Roglic this year and he might very well be stronger than he has in years. The TT in Itzulia was like prime Roglic or atleast incredible good. Think he lost closer to 20sec than 15 on that missturn too. having to break down and start from scratch etc

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think ppl are underestimating Roglic this year and he might very well be stronger than he has in years. The TT in Itzulia was like prime Roglic or atleast incredible good. Think he lost closer to 20sec than 15 on that missturn too. having to break down and start from scratch etc

I'm completely biased anyway but I totally believe Rog will compete for victory in July.

I'm not a futurologist so I can't say he'll win but IMO he'll absolutely be in the fight for yellow. I like the look of that final stage ITT as well.

I don't think you know how probabilities work

I think you care too much, but not enough to know the answer or educate anyone it seems? You see, like you I do not come here to do maths, but rather write general thoughts about cycling without thinking too much.

It was a general point with some humour that 1% is a bit tough and that Roglic is too old for that. Though CyclistsAbi is making the point Roglic is the master of his own destiny.

But sure, it's a 39.5% chance over 50 years, you got me. And if he raced it 100 times he would still not be certain to win.

Last edited:
I think you care too much, but not enough to know the answer or educate anyone it seems? You see, like you I do not come here to do maths, but rather write general thoughts about cycling without thinking too much.

It was a general point with some humour that 1% is a bit tough and that Roglic is too old for that. Though CyclistsAbi is making the point Roglic is the master of his own destiny.

But sure, it's a 39.5% chance over 50 years, you got me. And if he raced it 100 times he would be not be certain to win.
I think it's you who cares too much and @Red Rick was just being humorous and not really assaulting your cognitive abilities...

Reactions: Sandisfan