• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I was so impressed by Aru in yesterday's stage. Just kept going at his own pace everytime he got dropped and somehow made it back up. I found myself shouting at the TV every single time he was getting back to Valverde and Purito. Very impressive - I may become a fan....

LittleJo said:
I was so impressed by Aru in yesterday's stage. Just kept going at his own pace everytime he got dropped and somehow made it back up. I found myself shouting at the TV every single time he was getting back to Valverde and Purito. Very impressive - I may become a fan....

Yeah, I agree with this. It's not that he's a diesel type of rider because he has some explosive attacks in him, but he seems to know his limits and ride accordingly.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
With the departure of Quintana this years Vuelta threatened to become a re run of 2012. The presence of Aru has been a welcome distraction from this years re run of the 4 Amigos. Whilst he cannot quite manage to hold the likes of Valverde and Purito he has proved himself a fighter and a mighty gifted one of that. Despite his tender years and limited GT experience he threatens to be a serious contender for the top spot on the podium in years to come.

xanadu said:
With the departure of Quintana this years Vuelta threatened to become a re run of 2012. The presence of Aru has been a welcome distraction from this years re run of the 4 Amigos. Whilst he cannot quite manage to hold the likes of Valverde and Purito he has proved himself a fighter and a mighty gifted one of that. Despite his tender years and limited GT experience he threatens to be a serious contender for the top spot on the podium in years to come.

In my opinion he was stronger in the giro than what he is here. his Grappa and montecampione performances were stronger than anything Valverde has done on a major climb for quite a while (same goes for JRod, atleast in this year)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Another uphill sprint, another victory! Just needs to learn how to climb real mountains with the best and he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Has Nibali already said he's going to do the Giro? You'd think he'd want to prove he's the best GT rider in the world and not deliberately ruin his form for the Tour.

At any rate, I agree that Aru looks super impressive. Would have said Pinot the more promising GT prospect before, but not any more.

Vino attacks everyone said:
If he continues to improve with the rate that has been over the last couple of years, they will absolutely dominate the giro no doubt. Nibbles with the tour form would have won this Vuelta though.

I'm looking forward to them playing rock, paper, scissors in the last km of each MTF to decide who wins the stage :p;):D:cool:

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Again timing his attack perfectly. He has all the qualities he needs to succeed: heart, tactics and balls :D All in all, a young Nibali, not so good at TT, but with the potential to become a better climber tha Nibbles himself.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
How does anyone come close after Montecampione? :confused:

Didn't Pinot come third in the TOUR DE FRANCE against the fiercest competition in many years?

I mean, he handily beat Valverde who was peaking for the Tour, who is now better than Aru.

;)

SeriousSam said:
Has Nibali already said he's going to do the Giro? You'd think he'd want to prove he's the best GT rider in the world and not deliberately ruin his form for the Tour.

I hope he doesn't wants to do the Giro to get a "sure" win and then he has an explanation for not being able to win another Tour.

I want to see Froome vs Nibali vs Quintana vs A.C. (get it? :D).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:
Absolutely. Plus Nibbles will teach him how to ride cobbles and handle his bike, while Vino will teach him how to TT and be a reckless son of a ***** ;)

Riding with Nibali will only help him. I think his biggest problem is pacing himself right in an itt, in the Giro TT that was won by Uran he went all out on the first climb and paid the price for it, in the Vuelta itt he wanted to avoid that and started pretty slow on the climb. The team expected him to loose only 50-55 seconds in the itt, so his traing results have to be very good.

TRENDING THREADS