• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen the stage yet, but awesome to see Aru took the win! :) He's got to be the breakthrough rider of the year by this point.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Another uphill sprint, another victory! Just needs to learn how to climb real mountains with the best and he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, it's not like he's been doing that exact thing this whole Vuelta and the whole Giro. :rolleyes:

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Yeah, it's not like he's been doing that exact thing this whole Vuelta and the whole Giro. :rolleyes:

There was one and only one stage that featured real mountains thus far. He lost a minute to the best climbers.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
There was one and only one stage that featured real mountains thus far. He lost a minute to the best climbers.

Are you talking about La Farrapona?

He was hanging with or keeping in site Valverde and Rodriguez the whole time and came in just a few seconds behind them. The only guys able to beat him were the top tier of GC riders who are some of the best climbers in the peloton. He did climbing with the best that stage.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's great to see a new talent doing so brilliantly in two grand tours within one season. You have to like his attacking style.

Quintana, Aru, Pinot, Majka..........there's some good times ahead.....and horner of course.

laurel1969

BANNED
Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Faio-Aru-wins-Vuelta-a-Espa%C3%B1a-2014-Stage-11.jpg

Wallace-482x298.jpg

I like Aru. I find him way more exciting / interesting a prospect than I did / do Quintana or Majka.

And whilst he's no stud-muffin, there are waaaaaaay less attractive guys out there in my book. (GT cycling is hardly stud-muffin central unless emaciation is your thang.*)

*Obviously there is an exception to prove this rule...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Electress said:
I like Aru. I find him way more exciting / interesting a prospect than I did / do Quintana or Majka.

And whilst he's no stud-muffin, there are waaaaaaay less attractive guys out there in my book. (GT cycling is hardly stud-muffin central unless emaciation is your thang.*)

*Obviously there is an exception to prove this rule...

Yes, and his GF looks fine
B0F5NxHIEAA0O7M.jpg:large

Jspear said:
Maybe he can get some tips from Cipollini. :)

Dear sweet holy lord no. He seems a sweet guy. don't let him go down the road of egomaniacal / show-off / controversy loving a---hole.

Even if Aru is the only rival for Contador in the Giro, at least we can count on him giving it his best go.

Electress said:
Dear sweet holy lord no. He seems a sweet guy. don't let him go down the road of egomaniacal / show-off / controversy loving a---hole.

Oh ya I know...I agree with you.

Electress said:
Even if Aru is the only rival for Contador in the Giro, at least we can count on him giving it his best go.

This. I love the fact that he isn't afraid to attack the other "big" names. It has given him some very nice stage victories.

TRENDING THREADS