• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fancy Bears hack ADAMS system

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
those documents look kind of real.
those wada forms and the lab test reports look 100% genuine. they contain all the typical test and pretest data that i have seen in the 100s of real wada test reports...the sample code (the easiest thing to refute if it was fake), the sample specific gravity, pH, the substances that failed the test etc etc

the hack imo leaked the real stuff, but the trick seems that those americans that failed had a tue (it's mentioned in the pdfs too)..

and really, do we need any leaks to doubt that the williams sisters muscles are real ?

the questions seem directed not at the athletes but at wada and usada.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
1.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

python said:
sniper said:
those documents look kind of real.
those wada forms and the lab test reports look 100% genuine. they contain all the typical test and pretest data that i have seen in the 100s of real wada test reports...the sample code (the easiest thing to refute if it was fake), the sample specific gravity, pH, the substances that failed the test etc etc

the hack imo leaked the real stuff, but the trick seems that those americans that failed had a tue (it's mentioned in the pdfs too)..

and really, do we need any leaks to doubt that the williams sisters muscles are real ?

the questions seem directed not at the athletes but at wada and usada.
True. If someone think that serina williams is not on something then they must be On something themselves.

The TUE stuff really is amazing. I would like to have the time to invest on how many of the Olympic athletes from the USA had a TUE. We have some serious epidemic of asthma and other disorders. The CDC needs to be called in.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
^the american artistic gymnast had a tue for an ephedrine derivative - a well known, strong doping agent from the class of Stimulants. why and how would one get an exemption for being stimulated beats me :Question: may be the gal needs uppers to overcome the other class of drugs called suppressants ?

btw, the official wada note linked above essentially confirmed the genuine documents were leaked.

it reads entertaining how alarmed they feel and how they already threaten more retribution to the perpetrators, who they are absolutely sure ....(your guess) but still need an investigation they say.

i do agree with wada it was likely the russian work but i would use a bit more class not rushing to state so before the investigation is over, b/c, after all, wada takes pride in its impartiality. and btw, it does not have to be by the vlad spies...for instance, their former wada lab director who turned his tail several times (from hunting dopers to officially admitting doping them, to a wada whistle blower)

why a scoundrel like that could not turn one more time for a few shekels ? :surprised: :surprised:

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
i almoste peed myself of excitment

this will be gold

we need a list of cyclists TUE and failed tests striked out because of TUE

this is better than sex

Re:

Amnes2015 said:
i almoste peed myself of excitment

this will be gold

we need a list of cyclists TUE and failed tests striked out because of TUE

this is better than sex

I believe you can access the ADAMS download off the Fancy Bears website.

WADA confirmed the hack:

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) confirms that a Russian cyber espionage group operator by the name of Tsar Team (APT28), also known as Fancy Bear, illegally gained access to WADA’s Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS) database via an International Olympic Committee (IOC)-created account for the Rio 2016 Games. The group accessed athlete data, including confidential medical data -- such as Therapeutic Use Exemptions delivered by International Sports Federations (IFs) and National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs) -- related to the Rio Games; and, subsequently released some of the data in the public domain, accompanied by the threat that they will release more.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2016-09/wada-confirms-attack-by-russian-cyber-espionage-group

TJ Queen was a happy chappy when the Russian scandal was unfolding, he was taking swipes as often as he could manage.

Now he's trying to tell everyone "3 was treated with CORTICOsteroids for injuries. People will see "steroids" and flip out, but these are NOT muscle-building anabolic drugs."-His twitter feed

What a load of rubbish.

BTW, I was a fan of the Williams sisters for a long time, but Serena's attitude drove me away a bit.

BullsFan22 said:
TJ Queen was a happy chappy when the Russian scandal was unfolding, he was taking swipes as often as he could manage.

Now he's trying to tell everyone "3 was treated with CORTICOsteroids for injuries. People will see "steroids" and flip out, but these are NOT muscle-building anabolic drugs."-His twitter feed

What a load of rubbish.

BTW, I was a fan of the Williams sisters for a long time, but Serena's attitude drove me away a bit.

The Fancy Bears sure are talking tough:

We will start with the U.S. team which has disgraced its name by tainted victories. We will also disclose exclusive information about other national Olympic teams later. Wait for sensational proof of famous athletes taking doping substances any time soon.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

It was always obvious this was going to happen. Banning Russia was one thing but pretending everyone else was clean was another.

Re:

MrRoboto said:
So Serena on
oxycodone
hydromorphone
prednisone
prednisolone
methylprednisolone

Anyone who can say anything about this?

Its a nice concoction, wouldn't be out of place for a prescription drug addict or a Hollywood housewife!

Plenty of opioids, pain killers, anti-inflammatories, blood thinners and airway cleansers. Breakfast of champions!

"Let it be known that these criminal acts are greatly compromising the effort by the global anti-doping community to re-establish trust in Russia," Wada director-general Olivier Niggli said.

There is a global effort by the anti-doping community (whoever that is) to re-establish trust in Russia? Why on earth would that be true? Why would anyone who is anti-doping make any effort whatsoever to re-establish trust? It is surely up to the Russians to prove themselves trustworthy.

The leaking of this information is wonderful. Part of the contract when you choose sport as a profession is that you give up any rights to "private medical records". In exchange, you get the right to be paid for playing games instead of working.

I think TJ Quinn has made the best point of anybody. Criticizing an athlete for testing positive for something that they are allowed to take is not very logical.

T.J. Quinn ‏@TJQuinnESPN 3h3 hours ago
T.J. Quinn Retweeted Neal Rogers
Amen. If you don't like the rules, discuss the rules. This shows no violation of the rules.

Ross Tucker has suggested that all TUEs be eliminated. I think that is extreme, but there is probably too much abuse of the system.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
I think TJ Quinn has made the best point of anybody. Criticizing an athlete for testing positive for something that they are allowed to take is not very logical.

T.J. Quinn ‏@TJQuinnESPN 3h3 hours ago
T.J. Quinn Retweeted Neal Rogers
Amen. If you don't like the rules, discuss the rules. This shows no violation of the rules.

Ross Tucker has suggested that all TUEs be eliminated. I think that is extreme, but there is probably too much abuse of the system.

Its a very poor argument...

Its not a case of "IF" the rules are applied but "HOW" the rules are applied and it certainly appears that some Federations are happy to sign off TUEs to help the athlete win. Lets see what else those crazy bears have in their database hack.

TRENDING THREADS