• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

fantasy doping draft

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
To complete the draft, you guys could assemble a Tour (or pick a real one) and discuss what's going to happen in each stage, culminating with the victory of one team.

I can't see anyone other than Mig or Lance winning.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
To complete the draft, you guys could assemble a Tour (or pick a real one) and discuss what's going to happen in each stage, culminating with the victory of one team.

Stage 2.

Crash on Passage du Gois creates split in peloton leaving Indurain Ullrich Riis and Contador 6 minutes behind the main group :eek:

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
SeriousSam said:

Stage 2.

Crash on Passage du Gois creates split in peloton leaving Indurain Ullrich Riis and Contador 6 minutes behind the main group :eek:
So it'll be Pantani versus Basso :cool:

(Lance will lose 3'+ in the TTT)

Just stopping by to say this thread is amazing, and it really shows how little I know of cycling pre 2005 and especially pre 2000.

Put these teams in a real TDF at their respective level, climb a 1hour climb at 6W/kg+ and the peloton is still 80 man strong :D :D

Red Rick said:
Just stopping by to say this thread is amazing, and it really shows how little I know of cycling pre 2005 and especially pre 2000.

Put these teams in a real TDF at their respective level, climb a 1hour climb at 6W/kg+ and the peloton is still 80 man strong :D :D

I know little as well, but you second comment is so true. It would take the absolute best of the best doping can produce to get rid of most of these riders at their peak. Evans who I choose more with heart than head would probably be missing from the top 50 even on his 2007 level.

Red Rick said:

...and not even break a sweat :D
Really, like Papy Horner says, 40 is the new 30 and 6W/kg is the new 5W/kg :p

My pick is Paolo 'Il Falco' Savoldelli (Giro '99).

sav0-14.jpg

I'll add text later, but at least the next in line can pick meanwhile...

TRENDING THREADS