• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Lemond is as clean as Wiggins.

I watched those races on youtube. Oh my God. Poor guys. Bikes that were far from technic perfection, weak tactic buildings, early internecine attacks when no one expected until the last climb to make a move, 250 km stages, but HOW these guys were riding... Heck, they convolved like adders on their bikes, they rode Alpe-d'Huez slower than our contemporaries pass over the steepest Zoncolan sector (5km at 16%), they broke big gears with all their bodies' weight... And anyone believes Lemond was clean? Pf, it's a joke.

Dont let the door hit you on the way ;)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
I doubt you understand Orwell

You don't understand the quote, and I have a problem understanding Orwell? Mmmmkay. Piece of advice: Looking up from the bottom does not give you a view of the top, so don't pretend it does.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:
No, you're quoting Vaughters to prove your point.
It's not subtle.

No arguments about your view on the sport remaining consistent.
You consistently criticise all aspects of it, doping or otherwise.

The sport has been cleaned up by both the processes put in place, such as the Bio passport, and by the unwillingness of teams to engage in team wide doping regimes.
Doping still remains, but the ability to dope at will, or outside of the constraints of the system is no longer there.

So there is your answer.

actually, when Ashenden has done his own experiments with the biopass he demonstrated that it could be easily manipulated and show clean whilst doing epo

May 27, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
Walsh is printing what some members of the clinic do not want printing.

No, he is not printing things some here want printed.

Also note that your inept interpretation of the quote means that anything that a single person doesn't want printed is now "journalism," up to and including coupons, advertisements, weather reports, etc...I feel pretty certain that isn't what Orwell meant...:rolleyes:

I am not sure how to address ignorance like that other than to produce more offspring than you.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
According to Vaughters Vo2 max is not that important. Lactate is.

That Evans performed with the epo'ers in the dark era has no bearing on whether you think he doped? But then he never tested postive did he? Hmmm wonder where we heard that before.

Looking for facts about doping in pro sport is like looking for a needle in a hay stack when you consider the federations keep pouring the hay on top on the needle making it harder than ever to find.

But lets not let the history of the sport teach us nothing. Historically the same people are involved in the sport that run it now.

Of course you're making things up. Don't kid yourself.
"According to Vaughters" lactate is important, VO2Max isn't. Ha-bloody-ha.
Even with a physiology-for-dummies under your belt, you'd understand just how ridiculous that statement is. The two are closely inter-related.

That Evans has been in competition for 18 yrs, during the dark ages, has no bearing on his test-results.
IF he'd shown spikes, unexpected test-results correlated to seasonal variation, you'd have a leg to stand on. He hasn't, and you don't.

ChewbaccaD said:

Also note that your inept interpretation of the quote means that anything that a single person doesn't want printed is now "journalism," up to and including coupons, advertisements, weather reports, etc...I feel pretty certain that isn't what Orwell meant...:rolleyes:

I am not sure how to address ignorance like that other than to produce more offspring than you.

As Orwell once said "Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them".

I am often reminded of this quote when I see clinic logic (perhaps logic is overstating it).

May 27, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
As Orwell once said "Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals beleive them"

I am often reminded of this quote when I see clinic logic (perhaps logic is overstating it)

Don't quote people you are obviously ill-equipped to comprehend.

"I know you think you're deep alright, but you should stay in the shallow end"--Superchunk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Can they test for unpolished diamonds? :rolleyes:

Hmm I have a feeling Geraint Thomas is gonna test positive for the "unpolished Diamond test". Future GT winner?

He looked very thin in the Dauphine compared to in the classic. And all that weight loss in like 2/3 months :eek:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Hmm I have a feeling Geraint Thomas is gonna test positive for the "unpolished Diamond test". Future GT winner?

He looked very thin in the Dauphine compared to in the classic. And all that weight loss in like 2/3 months :eek:

I always thought the plan Sky had was for Thomas to win it in the 5th year, until Wiggins and Froome appeared from the autobus.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hektoren said:
Of course you're making things up. Don't kid yourself.
"According to Vaughters" lactate is important, VO2Max isn't. Ha-bloody-ha.
Even with a physiology-for-dummies under your belt, you'd understand just how ridiculous that statement is. The two are closely inter-related.

here

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1256440&postcount=4537

hektoren said:
That Evans has been in competition for 18 yrs, during the dark ages, has no bearing on his test-results.

Oh look there goes a unicorn :rolleyes:

hektoren said:
IF he'd shown spikes, unexpected test-results correlated to seasonal variation, you'd have a leg to stand on. He hasn't, and you don't.

He's a consistent doper ;)

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
I always thought the plan Sky had was for Thomas to win it in the 5th year, until Wiggins and Froome appeared from the autobus.

You thought wrong. It was the considerably smaller Peter Kennaugh that was hinted about. The Dauphine may well have helped Thomas into the big boy's club at Sky, but he's essentially Wiggo-lite, with both the strengths and weaknesses that involves. Kennaugh is more built to climb.

Of course, before the 2009 tour, before they offically were born even, Sky were orignially intended to wheel behind Cav's march on the green jersey. Wiggo changed that in 2009.

Note the date in this puff piece on that very subject. 2009.

webbie146 said:

You will se the same in Cancellara. That is normal, he said last year he wanted to test as a GC contender and two months it is a long time to lose weight.
Thomas dont need polishing, he has a good school, he is a great rider, but I think that he will fail in his attemp... no everybody is Wiggo. He could be close, but not so strong.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
You will se the same in Cancellara. That is normal, he said last year he wanted to test as a GC contender and two months it is a long time to lose weight.
Thomas dont need polishing, he has a good school, he is a great rider, but I think that he will fail in his attemp... no everybody is Wiggo. He could be close, but not so strong.

He is better than Wiggins was at the same age though

the sceptic said:
He is better than Wiggins was at the same age though

I dont think so

He showed in road race more than Wiggo at that age, but he is not better, they are different things. Wiggo had/has more engine. Wiggo didnt take seriously road race till after olimpic games, and Thomas has wait as well to the olimpic games to try a similar physical transformation, but he was already taken seriously road, even both of them came from the track, and Thomas was doing track till last year.

We will see..., but would be hard to believe in a potential as Wiggins has. The will to get it and to train for, very strong in Wiggins as well, he could have it.

it would be an amazing Britain generation of GT contenders if he can, almost at the level of the spanish these years: Contador, Valverde, Purito, Samuel, Sastre

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Taxus4a said:

LOL for a doper, indeed

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Do Sky offer this weight loss programme to people who take part in the Sky ride? You never know where the next GT winner is going to come from, could be a remote part of Africa with no roads or maybe Newcastle.

blackcat said:
actually, when Ashenden has done his own experiments with the biopass he demonstrated that it could be easily manipulated and show clean whilst doing epo
Hopefully, the new MAIIA test procedure becomes sanctioned as an official anti-doping measure, then it could be a real step forward. Ashenden's little BP beating method will be worthless because in that study they received 3 injections per week for 12 wks. Under such a dosing protocol, there will be no downtime from glowtime using the MAIIA test.

Taxus4a said:
I dont think so

He showed in road race more than Wiggo at that age, but he is not better, they are different things. Wiggo had/has more engine. Wiggo didnt take seriously road race till after olimpic games, and Thomas has wait as well to the olimpic games to try a similar physical transformation, but he was already taken seriously road, even both of them came from the track, and Thomas was doing track till last year.

We will see..., but would be hard to believe in a potential as Wiggins has. The will to get it and to train for, very strong in Wiggins as well, he could have it.

it would be an amazing Britain generation of GT contenders if he can, almost at the level of the spanish these years: Contador, Valverde, Purito, Samuel, Sastre

What, it would be hard to believe he would suck at stage racing?

Or are you talking post transforgmification?

ChewbaccaD said:

Post of the MF day!

Problem is, you will fail. Stupid people always have more kids!!

TRENDING THREADS