• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1366 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You've convinced me hes clean since its just an emotional/personality thing clearly.
he was ranked circa 500th in the world when he won the Vuelta (after 5 years as elite)...not 500th a la greg lemond who had been out of commission after being shot or armstrong having cancer...he was 500th because he was....er....500th.....

nothing to see here...move along :);)

This is even worser than Trump interfering with the UK election by saying "Vote Boris!"

Greg LeMond: ‘Egan Bernal, do not work for Chris Froome!’

Froome coming back to win the Tour would, of course, be the equal of - if not better - than LeMond getting off his sick-bed in 1989 to trash the Froggie fiend Fignon so perhaps one might say "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?"
Certainly you can have whatever opinion you like, but getting shot is to my view, an order of magnitude beyond crashing your bike and breaking some bones.

Oct 28, 2019
Certainly you can have whatever opinion you like, but getting shot is to my view, an order of magnitude beyond crashing your bike and breaking some bones.
Perhaps. From reports Froome actually lost more blood than did LeMond. I think care was available to Froome far sooner than LeMond. Both suffered major injuries.

I'm hoping Froome makes a full recovery. I just do not believe he will ever be as dominating mostly because of two reasons. 1. He was hurt in a bike crash. Don't expect caution to be thrown to the wind while descending ever again. 2. His age. Froome's injuries happened when he was 34, not 26 (as with LeMond).

Perhaps. From reports Froome actually lost more blood than did LeMond. I think care was available to Froome far sooner than LeMond. Both suffered major injuries.
Clearly your point about time to care is valid, again pointing to a far more serious and life-threatening injury to LeMond. I'll add that I’m extremely skeptical that anyone here knows how much blood Lemond, or frankly Froome, lost.

I'll happily say again that the trauma from a shotgun blast, a blast which left buckshot in his vital organs including his heart, is an order of magnitude more trauma than Froome's serious, albeit manageable injuries.

I'm hoping Froome makes a full recovery. I just do not believe he will ever be as dominating mostly because of two reasons. 1. He was hurt in a bike crash. Don't expect caution to be thrown to the wind while descending ever again. 2. His age. Froome's injuries happened when he was 34, not 26 (as with LeMond).
I wish him well and hope he recovers completely for the sake of his health and his family. Not sure why he wouldn't. He sounds optimistic, but yeah, age is a factor here, which may be as much a thing as his injuries. I hope so. As a fan of some tremendous racing and fantastic races this year, I would have hoped he'd have just tipped his cap and called it a career.

But do we have any 'proof' that Lemond was actually shot...or if he was that it was as serious as reported :D
Well played, sir! :D

Oct 28, 2019
I wish him well and hope he recovers completely for the sake of his health and his family. Not sure why he wouldn't. He sounds optimistic, but yeah, age is a factor here, which may be as much a thing as his injuries. I hope so. As a fan of some tremendous racing and fantastic races this year, I would have hoped he'd have just tipped his cap and called it a career
Agreed. There's something about champions wanting to go out on their own terms. Sometimes they are able to do it, sometimes they aren't. I'll go ahead and say he will have a difficult time of it.

Clearly your point about time to care is valid, again pointing to a far more serious and life-threatening injury to LeMond. I'll add that I’m extremely skeptical that anyone here knows how much blood Lemond, or frankly Froome, lost.

I'll happily say again that the trauma from a shotgun blast, a blast which left buckshot in his vital organs including his heart, is an order of magnitude more trauma than Froome's serious, albeit manageable injuries.

I wish him well and hope he recovers completely for the sake of his health and his family. Not sure why he wouldn't. He sounds optimistic, but yeah, age is a factor here, which may be as much a thing as his injuries. I hope so. As a fan of some tremendous racing and fantastic races this year, I would have hoped he'd have just tipped his cap and called it a career.

Well played, sir! :D
I think Lemond's shotgun blast injuries were while turkey hunting, and I thought I heard that the shot size was not actually buckshot but "turkey shot" -- smaller pellets (maybe bb sized) but way more of them embedded in his organs and lungs. I realize this may be nitpicking. I concur with your points, though.

Reactions: red_flanders

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts