• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 201 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
oldcrank said:
Mate, show yourself some respect and set
your bar a wee bit higher than that.

Hence the might part. It was a joke. ;)

I haven't been hanging around here anywhere near as much as I could to be honest.

Kind of made a promise that I wouldn't spend as much time dwelling on cycling. Been working well so far. Only getting snippets of the race.

For example, after last Saturday, well I said game over. No point watching IMO.

As for this being clean...my friend who knows nothing of cycling, said at dinner last night, when she bothered to look the Tour up, she took one look at Froome and new cycling was NOT NORMAL. That's a dietitian talking. Some of the remarks were about him not looking human. That is just one look, never mind a whole season of actually watching him race.

So yeah...it's bad. How Sky don't see it is beyond me. :D

BTW brace yourselves. If Froome does go mental tomorrow, when thehog gets back it'll be GOLD. I expect some really funny stuff. That's the fun part in coming back to these threads. All the older posters and their cracks and jokes about the doping. Really is entertaining stuff. I also like hearing some of the newer posters. Some being the selective word.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
A clean cyclist on the tour podium? When's the last time that happened.

I like the punctuation use.

Not even bother asking a question. Just a statement. A matter of fact.

It really has been a LONG time. Was a great year though when it happened. Year before it was even better. Best year of the best decade of like EVER!

I still can't get over this knack that this year will be 2006 all over again. What can you do? :D

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Hence the might part. It was a joke. ;)

I haven't been hanging around here anywhere near as much as I could to be honest.

Kind of made a promise that I wouldn't spend as much time dwelling on cycling. Been working well so far. Only getting snippets of the race.

For example, after last Saturday, well I said game over. No point watching IMO.

As for this being clean...my friend who knows nothing of cycling, said at dinner last night, when she bothered to look the Tour up, she took one look at Froome and new cycling was NOT NORMAL. That's a dietitian talking. Some of the remarks were about him not looking human. That is just one look, never mind a whole season of actually watching him race.

So yeah...it's bad. How Sky don't see it is beyond me. :D

BTW brace yourselves. If Froome does go mental tomorrow, when thehog gets back it'll be GOLD. I expect some really funny stuff. That's the fun part in coming back to these threads. All the older posters and their cracks and jokes about the doping. Really is entertaining stuff. I also like hearing some of the newer posters. Some being the selective word.

Only in the clinic you read garbage like this.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
i never quite understood why bruyneel thought it was wise to bring the two together in one team.
or why lance allowed that to happen. it was clear from the start that this wasn't going to be a happy marriage.

Simple, Bruyneel had the best GT rider on his team, and Lance was never going to trust anyone but Bruyneel to get things organised for his comeback.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
Simple, Bruyneel had the best GT rider on his team, and Lance was never going to trust anyone but Bruyneel to get things organised for his comeback.

anybody with half a brain knew beforehand that it was a bad idea.
bruyneel has half a brain, that is why i don't understand the decision.
as soon as lance decided to come back, there was still plenty of time to get rid of contador.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He never stopped doping. Which makes Froome even more ridiculous of course.

Do you admit the thought that Froome may be much stronger if they use the same products or it's completely impossible?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
thehog and benotti were banned for flaming a well known pain in the ****. Coggan. Free tip people, if he is outside the power meter thread, he ain't there to play nice. Ignore him and he'll crawl back to his lab. :p

No bans aren't permanent. I missed all the Giro. Had a great month BTW.

Well actually that isn't entirely correct. Depends on offenses. Some are few days I believe. Some are a week. I copped 4 weeks for calling the Irish posters out on not standing up for Kimmage and letting McQuaid run cycling into the ground whilst their country stood round twiddling their thumbs. Throwing a joke in there never goes down well...people are sensitive. Plus I did apologise when I got back for the joke part. Benotti69 and thehog may already have had infractions for minor indiscretions.

If you're Joachim, Laura Lynn, BPC (Ban Pro Cycling) or the original incarnate Arbiter, you get a LIFETIME ban. Why? Because you're a troll who makes so many new aliases. He/she/it has come back this month. EnacheV...good bet that was the same person. Same with taxus4a...if it looks and sounds like the same thing, it normally is. Also if you're handle is Polish and you're the biggest LA fanboy on the forum whose sole purpose on the forum is to troll...yeah, when you don't learn your lesson and take the comeuppance when your fairy tale fantasy falls apart, you also get a LIFETIME ban.

Also if you're a former pro rider, who names themselves on the forum, who has doped and talked to the officials, and you're only here to keep tabs on forum members for a certain LA and you're dumb enough to get caught out...that also gets you a LIFETIME ban. That one was Joe Papp.

My advice...remember who doesn't like you and don't reply to them repeatedly. If you post like I do...yeah, you will upset some people. Even the ones who spam your inbox and claim you're offending team Sky who they claim to know. They even leave, return and personally line you up AGAIN. Always fun stuff. :rolleyes:

Oh and I don't believe in censorship so I don't have anyone on block.

You take internet forums really serious don't you.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
veganrob said:
Of course that might be true. It doesn't answer the question of who would be stronger if both were clean though.

Well yes, but it's bottomless gulf to reason whether they are clean or dirty. It's better to base on the fact they use the same stuff if we fall to compare them.. I'd never accuse riders of more advanced doping compared to others, since then it's a deadlock and any win of any rider can be explained with a better products. Having a look at the Tour so far, Froome is like Contador of better patterns + plus he is a better time trialist regarding of Contador's form by default.

Galic Ho said:
thehog and benotti were banned for flaming a well known pain in the ****. Coggan. Free tip people, if he is outside the power meter thread, he ain't there to play nice. Ignore him and he'll crawl back to his lab. :p

No bans aren't permanent. I missed all the Giro. Had a great month BTW.

Well actually that isn't entirely correct.

....<loads more info>

Thanks, didn't really expect such an informative response !
I've only been on this forum for one Giro but the conversation in the regular Racing forum was actually much more interesting than during TDF times, I prefer Vuelta time as well.

July is full of "sky only" fans and conversations that assume sky is a regular team and froome a regular rider. I find it hard to discuss sky or froome on the non doping forums because NOTHING normal applies to them.

Galic Ho said:
Oh I was simply excluding Froome from the list.

It's only fair to compare everyone to the human and doped. Alien and doped...not a chance. :p

I think with Froome it was simply a matter of no longer crashing into officials during the ITT wasn't it?

After durianriders post the other day, it occurred to me part of the new myth should be selling a new diet. Fruitarian Froome has a ring to it doesn't it?

No worries, I was joking.

Durianrider :p Fruitarian :p I agree, Durian is a Fruitarian, and a total wingnut! What a complete #!

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Great camera work, too bad there is no overhead shot.

On tomorrow then.

The Froome will go gungho. Why, the skybots will ask. Well, it is pretty simple. Because he can. He is the best of the best uphill, and he knows it. Why settle for rolling in the slipstream of lesser cyclists like Valverde/Contador/Mollema etc etc. A man with his power is not going to follow those donkeys. That is below his stature. Armstrong did it once on Ventoux and still feels pretty sh!t of letting a lesser rider win that day. Why did Pantani do what he did on Madonna di Campignolo? Because he could and why suck on the wheel of donkeys like Jaja?

Gungho for the soon to be knighted Kenyan born South African Brit.

My beer is in the fridge, the chips are ready to be popped. Unleash the Froome.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Great camera work, too bad there is no overhead shot.

On tomorrow then.

The Froome will go gungho. Why, the skybots will ask. Well, it is pretty simple. Because he can. He is the best of the best uphill, and he knows it. Why settle for rolling in the slipstream of lesser cyclists like Valverde/Contador/Mollema etc etc. A man with his power is not going to follow those donkeys. That is below his stature. Armstrong did it once on Ventoux and still feels pretty sh!t of letting a lesser rider win that day. Why did Pantani do what he did on Madonna di Campignolo? Because he could and why suck on the wheel of donkeys like Jaja?

Gungho for the soon to be knighted Kenyan born South African Brit.

My beer is in the fridge, the chips are ready to be popped. Unleash the Froome.

Your location suggests that you are in the Netherlands, and your comment suggests you were able to view the content in that link. I am also in the Netherlands, but I am not able to view the content, because of regional issues or something. Do I need some kind of special software to view that?

Anyways, a 20km/h tailwind is predicted for tommorow during the first 200km, so they will likely ride according to the fastest time schedule.

Which means that they will start the final climb at 16:25h.

Which in turns means

APPROXIMATELY 16 HOURS TILL FROOME DOG IGNITION

Really hope the guy gets caught before the end of this Tour.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
MizunoMX20 said:
Your location suggests that you are in the Netherlands, and your comment suggests you were able to view the content in that link. I am also in the Netherlands, but I am not able to view the content, because of regional issues or something. Do I need some kind of special software to view that?
Strange, are you using Google Chrome?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
MizunoMX20 said:
yes and this is the message that i get:

We're sorry... This video is not available in your location.

But anyways whats in the video?
About ten seconds more then we saw on teevee when Saxo created the echelon. You see Terpstra fighting like a mad man, Cavendish behind him, Kwiatkowski framing the Froome behind him.

Can you see any videos on steephill or absolutely nothing?

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
About ten seconds more then we saw on teevee when Saxo created the echelon. You see Terpstra fighting like a mad man, Cavendish behind him, Kwiatkowski framing the Froome behind him.

Can you see any videos on steephill or absolutely nothing?

I can see other videos.

But I now know whats in the video and I remember it vividly from yesterday on TV, so I know what we are talking about!

I hope for something like that but somehow I fear its not going to happen. I get the feeling it will be a borefest again like it was the last time they went up Ventoux in 2009 ie early break to make it to the end and favourites doing not a whole lot until a few km's from the top.

Although Froome might go mental again - which I also wont like - but then at least it'll be fun in the Clinic afterwards

But anyway I hope I will be proven wrong