• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 202 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
lemoogle said:
After Ax 3 the clinic actually crashed the forum, so we didn't even get to have the fun.
Even the comment section on CN crashed. Lollllz.

tyler_hamilton_fractured_collarbone_1.jpg

for the kill tomorrow.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
lemoogle said:
After Ax 3 the clinic actually crashed the forum, so we didn't even get to have the fun.

yeah i noticed

perhaps we can linearly regress froomes wattages on the number of people in the clinic and use that as a measure of whether or not the dog is doping

but i guess that would be labelled as pseudo science wont it

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Bakhjulet said:
Only in the clinic you read garbage like this.

Your company must be blind, dumb and mute then.

Everyone knows champ. Everyone with a brain that is.

Some of my friends knew back in 2009 that cycling was dirty and they don't even follow the sport. Just casually drop a mention to the sport and yeah, no hesitation, they call it what it is.

Do they know specifics? Nope. But by all means, we'd love you to post pictures of Froome where he looks normal and healthy.

The dumb thing with Sky is that LA at least looked physically like he was a normal build. Same with Ullrich and Basso. Nobody with any common sense or medical training looks at Froome or any of the Sky AICAR boys and thinks to themselves "Damn, how impressive is that. They lost weight, they technically didn't need to lose and not only are they healthier, they're also more powerful. That makes perfect sense!"

Great rebuttal BTW. Bravo! :rolleyes:

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
You take internet forums really serious don't you.

No I just remember stuff easily. Plus I like explaining things. As I said, I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time on here that I use to.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
lemoogle said:
Thanks, didn't really expect such an informative response !
I've only been on this forum for one Giro but the conversation in the regular Racing forum was actually much more interesting than during TDF times, I prefer Vuelta time as well.

July is full of "sky only" fans and conversations that assume sky is a regular team and froome a regular rider. I find it hard to discuss sky or froome on the non doping forums because NOTHING normal applies to them.

Actually a lot of the people referred to as Skybots, who have kept this thread going and going (also known as fanboys), most arrived after last years Tour. They wanted to champion the British and Sky cause. Well champion the fanboy side of things.

Note they've disappeared now. Only newer forumists have taken up the cause, but thankfully aren't really effective. Everyone knows now about the Sky joke. Ax3 made it all crystal clear. Just looking at the normal news articles on here and see the comments. Average Joe has caught on. Some people I wager would have stood up for Wiggins, but Froome? Nope. Too ridiculous.

Talking about Sky and Froome in the normal threads IMO has been pointless since the 2011 Vuelta. The key item is DOPING and that means Clinic most of the time!

Yes the July warriors are back. They'll be gone soon. Each year there are those who want to stay longer...how many will stay after this year? Dunno. There are also quite a few former Brits, who were well known here who have completely vanished. Melo Vellow was one. Use to try and stand up for Sky and then I think he just quit. Dimspace was another. He created the Team Sky Fans website/group. They're all on another forum. Ask Zam which one. I forget what it's called.

As for which race is better! Easy...Giro. Far more beautiful and far more entertaining. The Tour is mostly just HYPE. Free tip, don't believe the hype. It's charm and it's deceitful. Nothing more. Italy FTW IMO.

As for the forum crashing. There were 400 people in the pro racing forum and half that in the Clinic when I logged on. But it refused to load. Tried again and it kind of worked but by then the total forum number was pushing well over 1000. There were close to 650 people alone registered in the pro thread and about 450 in the Clinic, not counting what was probably double that or triple trying to get on. So the forum crashed...which actually made sense. Might happen again. Give it a 3-4 hours and it should work again. Too much demand, too little resources.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Also if you're a former pro rider, who names themselves on the forum, who has doped and talked to the officials, and you're only here to keep tabs on forum members for a certain LA and you're dumb enough to get caught out...that also gets you a LIFETIME ban. That one was Joe Papp.
Not so fast. That actually never happened (the banning part, that is). Hence the ruckus that ensued. It's true. He's still here.

But we're not allowed to talk about it. :rolleyes:

Galic Ho said:
Does anyone here think Wiggins will ride another GT seriously? Evans has and he is older than Wiggins by 3 years. Something ain't right in Wiggins camp.

No, he understands the deal and will not cycle again. His problem is that he can't make any money from celebrity gigs. He pinned his colours to the anti-celeb mast even though he'd be a natural for British TV because of his coarse language and deadpan delivery.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
buckle said:
No, he understands the deal and will not cycle again. His problem is that he can't make any money from celebrity gigs. He pinned his colours to the anti-celeb mast even though he'd be a natural for British TV because of his coarse language and deadpan delivery.

If he invested the money he's likely earned from the 2010-2012 seasons, plus whatever deal he had for this year, he should be quite comfortable. Remember, he was on 50-100K when on the track program. That maximal number went up well over 10 fold when he left Garmin. Well over 10 fold. Even with the British tax bracket, he was earning a considerable sum.

It's always been the obvious reason for Wiggins to do what he did. The $$$. Kath got em, now he can stay home comfortably. He's the biggest winner out of this whole Sky debacle.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Not so fast. That actually never happened (the banning part, that is). Hence the ruckus that ensued. It's true. He's still here.

You for real? Last time I checked I swear he was on permanent vacation.

That is odd. Oh well. Despite his slipperiness, he had some okay points and observations. Very duplicitous nature that one. Kind of like Froome. :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
No champ. Everyone doesn't 'know', you meant to say everyone 'suspects'.

Galic Ho said:

MizunoMX20 said:
No everyone knows.

no, its just an etymological or philosophical disagreement on the the definition of know. tedious as it my be. or an entomological disagreement about the number (how many) of flies on a piece of bull$hit.

hashtag wittgenstein

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:

as long as my fave posters brodeal, chewie, sniper, benotti, are not banned, oh, and mrsjohnmurphy or kim deal, as long as they are not banned, i am a happy man.

Galic Ho said:
If he invested the money he's likely earned from the 2010-2012 seasons, plus whatever deal he had for this year, he should be quite comfortable. Remember, he was on 50-100K when on the track program. That maximal number went up well over 10 fold when he left Garmin. Well over 10 fold. Even with the British tax bracket, he was earning a considerable sum.

It's always been the obvious reason for Wiggins to do what he did. The $$$. Kath got em, now he can stay home comfortably. He's the biggest winner out of this whole Sky debacle.

I agree and his tastes are not expensive - he lives in an unfashionable part of the UK. His problem might be if someone spills the beans in exchange for a reduced ban. There is so much riding on this for the British because of DB.

What might worry SKY is Ian Livingstone (CEO of BT) joining the government. BT are going head to head with SKY.

Anyway, this is Froome talk so sorry for the troll and going off piste. One can only hope that Froome glows on Ventoux today!

laugh

frenchfry said:
I am pretty sure that just after Saxo gets away, Froome is talking into his microphone. Just goes to show that a little tactical riding will leave him lost in his own little world.

why? laugh so much at froomey missing the saxo echelon............he was

not alone............how many did get on...........even evans veteran of

countless GT's and most savvy racer lost out

so hardly poor tactics by team sky ........great riding by saxo / bad luck

meanwhile froomey needs to grab time today if he is going ward off attacks

next week

Mark L

ebandit said:
why? laugh so much at froomey missing the saxo echelon............he was

not alone............how many did get on...........even evans veteran of

countless GT's and most savvy racer lost out

so hardly poor tactics by team sky ........great riding by saxo / bad luck

meanwhile froomey needs to grab time today if he is going ward off attacks

next week

Mark L

Why.......why......why....does ebandit ......never say anything .......relevant ??

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Figured out who Lucho Herrera is yet? Figured out who the fat men on epo were?

Thought so.

So let me get this straight - your state of knowledge that Froome is a doper without having any positive tests or rider or team testimony or admissions are: times up one mountain stage, the look and appearance of Froome both on and off the bike and his rise to the top from mediocrity - Am I missing something?

And this is how everybody should 'know' that Froome is a doper...haha :D

I'm sorry but what you have got there is a convenient set of circumstantial facts when grouped together could lead to the conclusion that Froome dopes but without either positive tests or testimony no-one, unless you work for Sky or your Froome's best buddy, will ever truly 'know'.

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Your company must be blind, dumb and mute then.

Some of my friends knew back in 2009 that cycling was dirty and they don't even follow the sport. Just casually drop a mention to the sport and yeah, no hesitation, they call it what it is.

Do they know specifics? Nope. But by all means, we'd love you to post pictures of Froome where he looks normal and healthy.

The dumb thing with Sky is that LA at least looked physically like he was a normal build. Same with Ullrich and Basso. Nobody with any common sense or medical training looks at Froome or any of the Sky AICAR boys and thinks to themselves "Damn, how impressive is that. They lost weight, they technically didn't need to lose and not only are they healthier, they're also more powerful. That makes perfect sense!"

Great rebuttal BTW. Bravo! :rolleyes:

I have tried really hard not to comment here but I can't help it. This is just so wrong, it's killing me.

Your friends? who don't even follow the sport? You think your friends know something then? You understand that most people are like this by nature, they "call it like it is" while in actuality they understand nothing?

What is normal and healthy? a good 10-15% body fat?
The fact that they are skinny is evidence of doping?
Again, I'm not saying they are not doping, on the contrary. I think they are.
But I do not have evidence. YOU do not have evidence.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
So let me get this straight - your state of knowledge that Froome is a doper without having any positive tests or rider or team testimony or admissions are: times up one mountain stage, the look and appearance of Froome both on and off the bike and his rise to the top from mediocrity - Am I missing something?
Yes, a proven association with a doping doctor, which wonder of wonder coincides almost perfectly with his rise from mediocrity. Also the unfortunate fact that in a (likely by the end of july) Tour winner the default hypothesis really is doping rather than clean.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Yes, a proven association with a doping doctor, which wonder of wonder coincides almost perfectly with his rise from mediocrity. Also the unfortunate fact that in a (likely by the end of july) Tour winner the default hypothesis really is doping rather than clean.

Again both of these 'facts' you are saying can be used in connection with a multitude of other circumstantial facts against Froome to lead to a conclusion or build a case that he is indeed doping but it certainly doesn't point to any absolute knowledge or proof that he actually dopes.