• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 231 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
So will Froom go balistic in the TT or will he hold himself back?

I think he will do the best and stretch the gap even further in order to be able to hold himself back in the Alps.

Because this explosion in Ventoux was caused by the Stage 9 and Stage 13 efforts of Garmin & Movistar and Saxo, respectively. Even if the gap never fell under the 2min mark, other teams really do make serious affect on SKY and forced Froome to make another huge impact on the other contenders.

Sorry if I'm getting lost in my language, english is not my native.

I'm saying that I don't think that Froome will let the time gap to be threatened and go full throttle on TT in order to stay fully on defense in the Alps.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I think this is the best doping denial I've ever heard:

"My team-mates and I have slept on volcanoes to get ready for this, we have been away from home for months training together, working hard to get here. Here I am being accused of being a cheat and a liar, and that is not cool."

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/n...Brailsford-deny-doping-in-wake-of-Ventoux-win

Sleeping on volcanoes! That is even funnier than "our mechanics are up all night".

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I was previously prepared to given Chris Froome the benefit of the doubt but my patience is all but gone. His performance today was unnatural. His acceleration from Contador where he pulled a near 100 metres advantage in 10 seconds was out of this world. It was 2/3 of the way up the mountain and must have been 7%+ gradient. I cannot recall any doped rider in history that has been able to replicate that kind of performance.

The final straw for me was his comments afterwards where he said that he thought he was going to have to concede defeat to Quintana. He said that he had talked to Quintana about working together and then to his surprise Quintana just dropped off. To me, not only did Froome look far stronger than Quintana, but i believe that he also put in a little bit of acceleration to escape Quintana. Consequently, I no longer believe him. I will no longer be falling for his apparent 'honesty' in his interviews.

Bratam said:
I was previously prepared to given Chris Froome the benefit of the doubt but my patience is all but gone. His performance today was unnatural. His acceleration from Contador where he pulled a near 100 metres advantage in 10 seconds was out of this world. It was 2/3 of the way up the mountain and must have been 7%+ gradient. I cannot recall any doped rider in history that has been able to replicate that kind of performance.

The final straw for me was his comments afterwards where he said that he thought he was going to have to concede defeat to Quintana. He said that he had talked to Quintana about working together and then to his surprise "Quintana just dropped off". To me, that looked like a little acceleration from Froome. He looked to be upping the pace to try and get rid of Quintana. Now I think he is a liar as well. I will no longer be falling for his apparent 'honesty' in his interviews.

Do you have a source for this?

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Bratam said:
His acceleration from Contador where he pulled a near 100 metres advantage in 10 seconds was out of this world. It was 2/3 of the way up the mountain and must have been 7%+ gradient.

According to Jeremy Whittle on twitter (the times correspondent): "Froome's major accelerations came on the 'false flats' towards C Reynard.."

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Bratam said:

Armstrong's attacks in 2000 and 2002 were at least as impressive as Froomes, if not more. He went of like a rocket. And kept going like this.

This doesn't make Froome less suspicious though.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
bikelizard said:
Armstrong's attacks in 2000 and 2002 were at least as impressive as Froomes, if not more. He went of like a rocket. And kept going like this.

This doesn't make Froome less suspicious though.
I remember Armstrong's attack in 2000 when he sprinted away from Ullrich and company in an effort to catch up to Pantani. It was impressive, but Chris Froome's acceleration away from Contador was quite a bit faster than that in my opinion.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bratam said:
I remember Armstrong's attack in 2000 when he sprinted away from Ullrich and company in an effort to catch up to Pantani. It was impressive, but Chris Froome's acceleration away from Contador was quite a bit faster than that in my opinion.

And lasted 18 seconds. Armstrong stopped on top of Hautacam, the attack being in Argeles Gazost almost :) . When he got into Virenque group didn't sit for a second.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Bratam said:

What does it have to do with doping directly? Visual impression implies doping automatically?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
bikelizard said:
Nothing implies doping automatically apart from a positive test.
Armstrong never testet positive.

Measuring doping and non doping through one's eyes having even significant experience of following is hooey