• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 230 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Does the fact that others did the same make it ok for Froome?

Deal with it. Do you remember as we discuss who is stronger in general 100% Froome or 100% Contador before the Tour? we got the answer.

Cimber said:
The Chicken about Froome (google-translated):

- The very short answer when I asked if I trust Chris Froome is: 'No'. The slightly longer answer is that it is simply going too fast. It was too violent, what we saw on Mont Ventoux, writes Michael Ramussen.

'Chicken' even drove from everything and everyone in the mountains during the Tour de France in 2007 with illegal doping drugs in the blood. And it is precisely the experience he draws on when he sees Team Sky rider blow all opposition backwards in this year's edition.

- When one has had its time in the field for many, many years and have been on the wrong side of right and wrong, then you can still get a pretty clear sense of when something is fast, and when something is To fast. What we saw yesterday was TO fast, writes Michael Rasmussen

http://www.bt.dk/cykling/kyllingen-jeg-tror-ikke-paa-chris-froome

Thomas Frei has on Twitter also been doubting froome and sky over the last few months.

Interesting that those coming out of the lance scandal when dopers walked around telling everyone they doped, say they can believe sky, or at least want to - Rr, Walsh, Frankie, tyler.

But these 2 from a more recent era aren't as convinced.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Deal with it. Do you remember as we discuss who is stronger in general 100% Froome or 100% Contador before the Tour? we got the answer.

Oh yes we got the answer alright. He is way better than Contador. But is he clean? I very much doubt it. His extraterrestrial performances on Ax3 and Ventoux speaks for themselves.

About "deal with it" - you gotta deal with the fact that Armstrong-like superiority will always stir doping debates.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Oh yes we got the answer alright. He is way better than Contador. But is he clean? I very much doubt it.

Surely he uses doping like any other in top 10 at least. A clean TdF winner is a big bubble. But I just find it offensive when AC fans desperately follow any twitters searching for any jags and negative responds to accuse Froome. Are you followers of clean cycling boys and girls? No. You are fans of Contador and his attacking style. However, a rider of the same style makes you sad.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Thomas Frei has on Twitter also been doubting froome and sky over the last few months.

Interesting that those coming out of the lance scandal when dopers walked around telling everyone they doped, say they can believe sky, or at least want to - Rr, Walsh, Frankie, tyler.

But these 2 from a more recent era aren't as convinced.

Ricco isnt convinced either judging from his tweet today.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Surely he uses doping like any other in top 10 at least. A clean TdF winner is a big bubble

Oh I agree. Froome has just been able to take it to the next level (just as Armstrong did). Actually its worth complementing. Not easy to beat the rivals in the doping arms race without being caught.

Contador on the other hand seems to have toned it down a little since the clen-case

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Funny how many riders they signed in recent years were 5 or above on the uci list.

Hitch, explain to me pls such a metamorphosis like...

You are not a foolish guy, an active forum member, a man who pretends to have some objectivity and philosophical arguments. But... Based on absolutely the same reasons you proclaim one guy 'ambassador of our sport" and denigrate other guys in every way. Explain, how these things are combined?

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Dont know if this has been posted before (too many new posts :)) but news is just in that Froome walked out of the rest day press conference because of too many doping related questions!

airstream said:
Hitch, explain to me pls such a metamorphosis like...

You are not a foolish guy, an active forum member, a man who pretends to have some objectivity and philosophical arguments. But... Based on absolutely the same reasons you proclaim one guy 'ambassador of our sport" and denigrate other guys in every way. Explain, how these things are combined?

Ambassador of our sport just meant he was the biggest name. Froome is now the ambassador of our sport.

Except in his home country of course where it will always be Wiggins.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
wansteadimp said:
Justifiably, I severely doubt the Clinic would trust the data even if it was released!

Not 100% perhaps, but I think it would be rather hard for Sky to manufacture convincing false data and it would open up a huge risk if other top riders released their data. Say Froome releases his power meter and weight and they look plausible (clearly the calculations done are a bit off, right?), then Quintanna realeses his and they're higher than Froome's. Gives Sky a huge explanation problem. As I said I wouldn't trust their data 100%, but I'd lean strongly towards trusting it assumin it seemed realistic, because realeasing false data would be a huge risk. Not releasing any data is of cause fairly safe.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
google translate is not a friend of anyone.

But in this case it's right :p

It almost always allows you to decode the meaning of whatever is written - but sometimes it takes some interpretation skills ;)

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Froome attacked Contador 7.2km to go, which is right at the end of one of the steepest parts of the Ventoux. He closed the gap to Quintana; approximately in 500m with around %8 gradient.

As we all know, last 1km of the climb is around %11 most of the time. And Froome's latest attack on Nairo was on the last 1.4km mark. He created 17 seconds of gap in just about 1'30''. At the end, he crushed that %10-11 gradient of 1.4km in 4'35'' and left Quintana 29 seconds behind.

He has passed Pantani for the last 6.75km or so with an incredible margin.

He did the second best time on TdF Ventoux climbs, right behind LA.

Yes I'm suspicious. Yes I'm not buying it at all. Even if the datas are released (which I doubt that it will ever happen) it will take a serious amount of time for me to believe if they are clean.

Because I've seen thousands of "CLEAN" tests. Hundreds of "CLEAN" stages. Tens of epic and "CLEAN" climbs over that 7 year span. And here we are, a 10 years of blackhole.

TRENDING THREADS