• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 646 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Froome's performance seemed natural to me, he didn't go with the acceleration of Purito just rode at a high pace with a constant cadence up the hill. If anyone is suspicious it's Purito who despite his huge accelaration still managed to hold off Froome at the end. This coming from a 36 year old who prior to turning 30 had never shown anything of note and whom rides for a team which is highly suspicious. Froome on the other hand has had a linear progression 2011 onwards (and before hand had some decent results), rides for a team with a 0 tolerance on doping, and let respectable journalists such as Walsh spend time with them to make sure they are not doping. I sincerly believe Froome's performance today is merely a result of the millions of dollars invested by Sky in equipement research, marginal gains, specific training and everything else that has helped them as a clean team compete with the druggies (Valverde, Contador and their teams). This thread I feel is a huge insult to the hard work put forward to help cycling move towards a brighter future in this post Lance Armstrong and mass team doping era.

Awesome post, best post ever!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Great post. ;)

But Froome had a piecewise constant progression, with a discontinuous jump in 2011.

not to mention that Froome also has tailwinds that did not exist 10 years ago. This alone gives him 10% extra power.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Froome's performance seemed natural to me, he didn't go with the acceleration of Purito just rode at a high pace with a constant cadence up the hill. If anyone is suspicious it's Purito who despite his huge accelaration still managed to hold off Froome at the end. This coming from a 36 year old who prior to turning 30 had never shown anything of note and whom rides for a team which is highly suspicious. Froome on the other hand has had a linear progression 2011 onwards (and before hand had some decent results), rides for a team with a 0 tolerance on doping, and let respectable journalists such as Walsh spend time with them to make sure they are not doping. I sincerly believe Froome's performance today is merely a result of the millions of dollars invested by Sky in equipement research, marginal gains, specific training and everything else that has helped them as a clean team compete with the druggies (Valverde, Contador and their teams). This thread I feel is a huge insult to the hard work put forward to help cycling move towards a brighter future in this post Lance Armstrong and mass team doping era.

The thing is, we have yet in one hundred years of trying not been able to establish what "au naturelle" is..

Thus there are no (REAL) indicator of what a clean Tour winner is...

We only have indicators of dirty winners... And Froome (his performance/talk/"linear" progression) pretty much make other doped GT winners fade in comparison...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Talking about progressions, my favourite chart is still this one

graphRiderHistory.asp

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
This coming from a 36 year old who prior to turning 30 had never shown anything of note... Froome on the other hand has had a linear progression 2011 onwards (and before hand had some decent results)...

I am ignoring the other ridiculous stuff for once and just pointing out the massive idiocy in this.

Froome before 25:

not won a single pro race
best result a forth place at Herald Sun Tour (one place in front of Richie Porte :D)

Rodriguez before 25:

won a stage at Vuelta
wore the Vuelta leader jersey
won a stage at Paris - Nice
finished top 10 in Tirreno GC
top 3 in spanish one day races and stage races

:confused:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

meat puppet said:
well, to be fair to froome, he gave a warning in a pre tour interview saying that thanks to tech advancements he can beat doped times.

AFIK, this was talked about here (in the clinic). But was there a link? Please give one, I´d like to read that stuff...

Thanks in advance... :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Gilbert's is still the most ridiculous ride up the Mur. I haven't watched it in a long time but I recall he attacked like halfway through then realised oh *** the finish is quite far away, np let's just keep going.

Only better paced effort from Valverde last year was quicker, probably under worse conditions.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
First time for a while I've actually liked Froome's riding, ballsy move, showing some attitude earlier too. Loved Purito's win, top chap.

Doping? Maybe but surely the thing a cycling face would want to talk about are the crashes and the injuries and sheer balls theses riders displY doing that all the time. So many abandons, hope they are fighting right soon.

Re: Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
meat puppet said:
well, to be fair to froome, he gave a warning in a pre tour interview saying that thanks to tech advancements he can beat doped times.

AFIK, this was talked about here (in the clinic). But was there a link? Please give one, I´d like to read that stuff...

Couple of pages back. But this is a real gem:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/tour-de-france/11717440/Tour-de-France-2015-Road-to-redemption-ends-in-the-Pyrenees-if-I-get-there-says-Chris-Froome.html

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
First time for a while I've actually liked Froome's riding, ballsy move, showing some attitude earlier too. Loved Purito's win, top chap.

Doping? Maybe but surely the thing a cycling face would want to talk about are the crashes and the injuries and sheer balls theses riders displY doing that all the time. So many abandons, hope they are fighting right soon.

hahahaha still on the fence?

Never change Jim.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
meat puppet said:

Couple of pages back. But this is a real gem:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/tour-de-france/11717440/Tour-de-France-2015-Road-to-redemption-ends-in-the-Pyrenees-if-I-get-there-says-Chris-Froome.html

Thanks...

“If you look at the difference now, those 10-15 per cent performances were back-to-back. I honestly feel that the sport is evolving through equipment.” :D

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Nice post. Wonderlance still does it better though. You need to be more inflammatory and include some more of Sky and Walsh's PR spin.

Still, for an early post you're showing plenty of promise.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Gilbert's is still the most ridiculous ride up the Mur. I haven't watched it in a long time but I recall he attacked like halfway through then realised oh **** the finish is quite far away, np let's just keep going.

Only better paced effort from Valverde last year was quicker, probably under worse conditions.

And Gilbert spent quite some time celebrating. Could have gone faster than Piti. Also what was funny was that he had struggled with climbs like that before. I personally did not expect him at all to win. Watching him fly away from them all was a real- WTF