Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 769 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 5, 2015
Re:

gmedina said:
long yo-yo for froome getting drop in andorra early, or something went wrong with the program during the rest day?
He crashed earlier and that may be the cause or something else entirely

Aug 5, 2015
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Bad reaction to the restday bloodbag?

Hate to ruin a good clinic conspiracy but according to Cycling News Live updates the only visible blood is the stuff coming through his jersey

17:21:33 CEST
Froome is fighting on behind but seems to have injured his left shoulder. There are signs of blood coming through his jersey.

May 25, 2010
Welcome to the clinic. Froome has a bad day, it's a dodgy blood bag, Froome does well, he's juiced to the gills. Or maybe Froome is struggling because, one, he's had a crash, and two, he's already done a big Tour that he peaked in form for. But do carry on.....

Jul 5, 2014
samerics said:
Welcome to the clinic. Froome has a bad day, it's a dodgy blood bag, Froome does well, he's juiced to the gills. Or maybe Froome is struggling because, one, he's had a crash, and two, he's already done a big Tour that he peaked in form for. But do carry on.....

Re:

Bernie's eyesore said:
I'm pretty sure it was a dodgy rest day blood bag. He crashed deliberately so that it wouldn't look suspicious.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/34131887

BBC Sport's Matt Slater: "When you are trying to do something that only the greats have done, it is a good idea not to do something that usually only happens to dozy amateurs: crashing into a barrier, five minutes into the ride, whilst going uphill.

"Froome answered every question about his bike-handling and racing skills at the Tour de France, only to fluff an easy one he did not see coming on Wednesday.
suggests the BBC suspect Froome too.
:(

Sep 14, 2011
Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
I'm pretty sure it was a dodgy rest day blood bag. He crashed deliberately so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

BBC Sport's Matt Slater: "When you are trying to do something that only the greats have done, it is a good idea not to do something that usually only happens to dozy amateurs: crashing into a barrier, five minutes into the ride, whilst going uphill.

"Froome answered every question about his bike-handling and racing skills at the Tour de France, only to fluff an easy one he did not see coming on Wednesday.
My guess is that Cookson told Froome to crash. He can't be seen to be too biased in favour of Sky after all.

Dec 7, 2010
Had to be a bad "program" day.

Either that or they misplaced the super soft pillows that no one can get except team skies. Marginal Gains.

Jul 17, 2015
The itv footage caught Froome taking drugs during the stage. He was hanging off a white convertible at the time

Mar 17, 2014
Surely you jest about the bloodbag. And that BBC article is a little misleading...he crashed uphill but the pace was picking up and and it looked like a nervous moment.

May 24, 2015

TourOfSardinia said:
Bernie's eyesore said:

Unexpectedly poor bike handling skills are a sign of Tramadol abuse.

May 24, 2015

markene2 said:
wendybnt said:
The itv footage caught Froome taking drugs during the stage. He was hanging off a white convertible at the time
Probably just pain killers during the race, saw it too, but saw no mentionts of it on the forum before now.
I remember someone mentioning it in the stage thread, I think.

ASK THE COMMUNITY