• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 769 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bernie's eyesore said:
I'm pretty sure it was a dodgy rest day blood bag. He crashed deliberately so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/34131887

BBC Sport's Matt Slater: "When you are trying to do something that only the greats have done, it is a good idea not to do something that usually only happens to dozy amateurs: crashing into a barrier, five minutes into the ride, whilst going uphill.

"Froome answered every question about his bike-handling and racing skills at the Tour de France, only to fluff an easy one he did not see coming on Wednesday.
suggests the BBC suspect Froome too.
:(

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
I'm pretty sure it was a dodgy rest day blood bag. He crashed deliberately so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

BBC Sport's Matt Slater: "When you are trying to do something that only the greats have done, it is a good idea not to do something that usually only happens to dozy amateurs: crashing into a barrier, five minutes into the ride, whilst going uphill.

"Froome answered every question about his bike-handling and racing skills at the Tour de France, only to fluff an easy one he did not see coming on Wednesday.

My guess is that Cookson told Froome to crash. He can't be seen to be too biased in favour of Sky after all.

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Surely you jest about the bloodbag. And that BBC article is a little misleading...he crashed uphill but the pace was picking up and and it looked like a nervous moment.

TourOfSardinia said:
Bernie's eyesore said:

Unexpectedly poor bike handling skills are a sign of Tramadol abuse.

markene2 said:
wendybnt said:
Actually it was just me joking. It was pain-killer from the race doctor

Nah, im talking about from the Sky car, not the race doctor.

He was visited by the race doctor in the cool white car without treatment. 5 minutes later or so the driver of the Sky car handed him something, which he immediately swallowed. Could have been anything from a salt tablet to aspirin. It would not have been anything dodgy unless they really wanted to be caught on camera!

ferryman said:
markene2 said:
wendybnt said:

He was visited by the race doctor in the cool white car without treatment. 5 minutes later or so the driver of the Sky car handed him something, which he immediately swallowed. Could have been anything from a salt tablet to aspirin. It would not have been anything dodgy unless they really wanted to be caught on camera!
Most likely Paracetemol or Ibuprofen. Aspirin isn't always a good idea in certain circumstances ;)

ferryman said:
markene2 said:
wendybnt said:

Empty gelatin capsules from a pharmacy in Durban, recommended by his Barloworld mate.

42x16ss said:
ferryman said:
markene2 said:
wendybnt said:

Most likely Paracetemol or Ibuprofen. Aspirin isn't always a good idea in certain circumstances ;)

Aye, but I'm old school, aspirin is aspirin ;)

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome
Knocked sideways into a barrier & stone wall today. Further scans in the morning but start unlikely as I can’t walk without crutches #LV2015

Knocked by what or whom, I wonder?

(I'd ignore what the BBC write nowadays - the standards are plummeting and they're more tabloidesque than anything. And increasingly wrong.)

Re:

dottigirl said:
Knocked sideways into a barrier & stone wall today. Further scans in the morning but start unlikely as I can’t walk without crutches #LV2015

(I'd ignore what the BBC write nowadays - the standards are plummeting and they're more tabloidesque than anything. And increasingly wrong.)

Is there any actual footage of the crash, because Ive not once heard mention of anyone else involved ?

Electress said:
dottigirl said:

Is there any actual footage of the crash, because Ive not once heard mention of anyone else involved ?
That would be because Froomey is a little classier than the Shark of Messina.

Electress said:
dottigirl said:

I only saw footage of Froome getting back up. It could have been anything, someone not pointing out a pothole/obstacle, a touch of brakes or wheels, the wet road, a bottle bouncing out of a cage, or even Froome staring at his stem in a crowded bunch.

TRENDING THREADS