• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 805 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

markene2 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ì heard from an inside source Froome is anorexic (duh) but also addicted to anti-depressive drugs

The anorexic part is not a shock at all, easy to pick up in a sport that is so much about weight. Been there myself.

Even Brailsford has discussed Froomes trouble with eating i belive.

If Froome truly had a problem with his eating his training would be a shambles and his racing would be horrific. Strange that the pictures prior to his transformation he looks like an average build cyclist, then boom skinny, powerful and climbing. Not believable.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Benotti69 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ì heard from an inside source Froome is anorexic (duh) but also addicted to anti-depressive drugs

An anorexic would not be able to compete in an endurance sport never mind win anything.
actually the same source said you have to be anorexic or at least close to that to have even the slightest shot at winning a GT.

One thing is to look like one and other is to be anorexic. I can't believe an anorexic can compete in any endurance sport.

Rollthedice said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Benotti69 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

An anorexic would not be able to compete in an endurance sport never mind win anything.
actually the same source said you have to be anorexic or at least close to that to have even the slightest shot at winning a GT.

One thing is to look like one and other is to be anorexic. I can't believe an anorexic can compete in any endurance sport.

Anorexic is not a disease of low weight or sickness. It's a mental diesese. Anorexics can often not be excessively thin, it's that they believe they are overweight and do anything not to eat, or restrict their diet in some manner. Often it takes over they waking life with their thoughts and daily functions built around their diet of choice. It's not about not eating as many here appear to think. It's about functioning on the little amount of food possible.

Anorexia nervosa is a complex eating disorder with three key features:

refusal to maintain a healthy body weight
an intense fear of gaining weight
a distorted body image

Because of your dread of becoming fat or disgusted with how your body looks, eating and mealtimes may be very stressful. And yet, what you can and can’t eat is practically all you can think about.

Thoughts about dieting, food, and your body may take up most of your day—leaving little time for friends, family, and other activities you used to enjoy. Life becomes a relentless pursuit of thinness and going to extremes to lose weight.

Believe it or not, anorexia isn’t really about food and weight—at least not at its core. Eating disorders are much more complicated than that. The food and weight-related issues are symptoms of something deeper: things like depression, loneliness, insecurity, pressure to be perfect, or feeling out of control. Things that no amount of dieting or weight loss can cure.

Benotti69 said:
markene2 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

The anorexic part is not a shock at all, easy to pick up in a sport that is so much about weight. Been there myself.

If Froome truly had a problem with his eating his training would be a shambles and his racing would be horrific. Strange that the pictures prior to his transformation he looks like an average build cyclist, then boom skinny, powerful and climbing. Not believable.
didn't he "forget" to eat during a stage a few years back - LRP heading back down the mountain and up again with some gels inside the 'no feed' zone...
possible connection?
because, let's face it, with no stone left unturned and a certain rider living by his radio instructions I'd be dubious that he 'forgot' - it wouldn't surprise me that there's an timer in the car to remind him when he should eat what

Archibald said:
Benotti69 said:
markene2 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

didn't he "forget" to eat during a stage a few years back - LRP heading back down the mountain and up again with some gels inside the 'no feed' zone...
possible connection?
because, let's face it, with no stone left unturned and a certain rider living by his radio instructions I'd be dubious that he 'forgot' - it wouldn't surprise me that there's an timer in the car to remind him when he should eat what

Thats what i was refering to, i cant remember where i read it, but i know i have.

markene2 said:
Archibald said:
Benotti69 said:
markene2 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

possible connection?

Thats what i was refering to, i cant remember where i read it, but i know i have.

Sky took a "illegal" feed on Ventoux 2013, d'Huez, Froome apparently forgot to eat, not heard anything about a timer.

That’s according to jury president Vicente Tortajada, who said that, despite being inside the 10km to go limit, the feed was within rules.

Why? Because the jury decided to change the feedzone limit to within 6km of the summit after considering the high speed and heat of Sunday’s 15th stage.

“Based on the heat and the speed of the stage, we made the decision to change the feedzone rule,” Tortajada told VeloNews. “We communicated that to everyone via race radio.”

Many were surprised to see Sky soigneurs, standing on the side of the road, pass off musette bags to Peter Kennaugh, Richie Porte, and Chris Froome after they’d passed the 10km banner.

UCI rules say that feeds are not allowed within 20km of the finish on flat stages and within 10km on climbing stages. Illegal feeds too close to the finish line can carry fines and even time penalties. The feed rules are primarily targeted at preventing riders from taking “sticky bottle” pulls from team cars and to prevent riders from taking drafts off team cars late in the race.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/jury-president-skys-ventoux-feed-legal-no-time-limit-extension-for-the-alpe_295537#klKEFZrYQMtSywM9.99

harryh said:
pastronef said:
how can we trust the "inside source" dekker_tifosi is referring to?

That's not important. In the end, this is just an internet forum where anonymous posters have fun.
Dekker T isn't really anonymous though, in so far as he has in the past told people who he is, and its been confirmed by other posters who know him.

Don't know if he's willing to share that now but he definitely has friends in professional cycling, at least on the Dutch side, so its not out of the question that he would know someone who knows Froome.

The source may very well be untrustworthy, but its not like their saying they saw Froome take drugs just that he's anorexic.

In either case what it comes down to is what Benotti touched on later in the discussion. Froome's whole weightloss doesn't fly. He was an average built cyclist who 2 years after Aicar comes into the sport suddenly went down to a body fat % that other cyclists and coaches say is impossible to ride at. He puts it down to merely eating less and claims that his girlfriend - the uneducated and rather unintelligent Ms Cound, came up with the master diet that allows him to ride at such a low body mass.

Does anyone seriously believe that all the nutritionists in the world combined, don't have the expertise on the subject of Ms Cound?
And that for 100 years not a single scientist in the sport was able to figure out - eat less and you will climb faster, util she came along?

It is quite possible that drugs are helping fuel the weight loss by Froome, but maintaining that low a weight is also a difficult, arduous task, requiring a lot of personal sacrifice and discipline. I don't think every rider is capable of doing this, especially over an extended period of time. Success often breeds complacency, making it incrementally harder to stick to the program.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
It is quite possible that drugs are helping fuel the weight loss by Froome, but maintaining that low a weight is also a difficult, arduous task, requiring a lot of personal sacrifice and discipline. I don't think every rider is capable of doing this, especially over an extended period of time. Success often breeds complacency, making it incrementally harder to stick to the program.

remember Wiggins when he said he was relieved not to be going for GC anymore.
I remember a tweet by Froome, a plate of vegetables and some fish after a big training. no bread, no other things. I was hungry for him looking at that dish :p

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Quite possible? What other possibilities are there?

Personally, I got down to 130 lbs @ 6 ft tall while at the peak of my personal fitness as a runner. Of course, I was not a professional. Most PED will facilitate weight loss to some extent through the ability to train harder for longer, but I was referring mostly to AICAR or something of recent vintage. Rasmussen was skinny before those type of drugs were thought to be prominent. He also didn't TT half bad in 2007.

LaFlorecita said:
86TDFWinner said:
LaFlorecita said:
pastronef said:
LaFlorecita said:
Look at the Monaco crew, dodging taxes and dope tests at the same time. How cute!

like Sagan and Quintana, in Monaco too ;)
As you may have noticed my comment was aimed at all riders living in Monaco, not just Froome or Sky ;)

Q: So you seem to have issues with me calling Contadoper names(while we all know his past), Yet you seem to have no issues with piling on or joining in on Froomey with jokes and what not, despite the fact that Froome has never tested positive for doping, got it. :rolleyes:

Lol! If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is. It's obvious you're an A.C. fan and don't like it when folks trash him, but you're doing the same thing with others. Now I know the true reason behind you being "offended" by people calling Contadoper names. :rolleyes:
Maybe I am not intelligent enough but I cannot see the question in your post? :confused:

How am I not surprised.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:

previously, for Rasmussen, for Tyler Hamilton, even Bjarne Riis,

this is correct.

But the last six years the peptides have entered the peloton, and lipotropic peptides and supplements.

So AICAR, GW-501516, Lipotropin... now, when you already had testo and cortisone, which did help Bjarne Riis and the others like Floyd keep really low weights, beyond the super skinny disciplined Rass chicken and Tyler...

so with hgh, AICAR, GW-501516, Lipotropin, cortisone, testosterone,

it is much simpler to do what Froome and Wiggins have done and did.

previoiusly, no. you are right. But the new doping is a game changer, have no doubt about that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
djpbaltimore said:

remember Wiggins when he said he was relieved not to be going for GC anymore.
I remember a tweet by Froome, a plate of vegetables and some fish after a big training. no bread, no other things. I was hungry for him looking at that dish :p

propaganda. its a limited hangout.

He and LRP would be eating just fine, dont you worry. pack of liars and thieves

blackcat said:
previously, for Rasmussen, for Tyler Hamilton, even Bjarne Riis,

this is correct.

But the last six years the peptides have entered the peloton, and lipotropic peptides and supplements.

So AICAR, GW-501516, Lipotropin... now, when you already had testo and cortisone, which did help Bjarne Riis and the others like Floyd keep really low weights, beyond the super skinny disciplined Rass chicken and Tyler...

so with hgh, AICAR, GW-501516, Lipotropin, cortisone, testosterone,

it is much simpler to do what Froome and Wiggins have done and did.

previoiusly, no. you are right. But the new doping is a game changer, have no doubt about that.

I don't doubt the possibility. I'm not as completely convinced as you are, but you make a strong argument.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
harryh said:
pastronef said:
how can we trust the "inside source" dekker_tifosi is referring to?

That's not important. In the end, this is just an internet forum where anonymous posters have fun.
Dekker T isn't really anonymous though, in so far as he has in the past told people who he is, and its been confirmed by other posters who know him.

Don't know if he's willing to share that now but he definitely has friends in professional cycling, at least on the Dutch side, so its not out of the question that he would know someone who knows Froome.

The source may very well be untrustworthy, but its not like their saying they saw Froome take drugs just that he's anorexic.

In either case what it comes down to is what Benotti touched on later in the discussion. Froome's whole weightloss doesn't fly. He was an average built cyclist who 2 years after Aicar comes into the sport suddenly went down to a body fat % that other cyclists and coaches say is impossible to ride at. He puts it down to merely eating less and claims that his girlfriend - the uneducated and rather unintelligent Ms Cound, came up with the master diet that allows him to ride at such a low body mass.

Does anyone seriously believe that all the nutritionists in the world combined, don't have the expertise on the subject of Ms Cound?
And that for 100 years not a single scientist in the sport was able to figure out - eat less and you will climb faster, util she came along?

good post. Froome was on strict and strange diets way back in the Barloworld days, but he's magically different now. Seems legit.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

djpbaltimore said:
I don't doubt the possibility. I'm not as completely convinced as you are, but you make a strong argument.

Wiggins could have got to low 70s. But no way Froome can be at his current weight.

Just look at Die Meinschaft the German national team that won the World Cup last year.

6 foot players, 31 inch waists, 39 inch chests, sprint and run all day, agility, speed, explosiveness and stamina, like the ex Tottenham now Real Madrid player Gareth Bale.

Why did we never see this physique on a soccer player in 2000? why? why not? they were training, were pros, were on big money, had nutritionists, were doping alot back then?

so why is this physique now in vogue, when they could not achieve it before?

now put bale besides christiano ronaldo, same peptides same physique
78f3cd0d094b56304f0c1a0e5a2bcc4b.jpg

blackcat said:
djpbaltimore said:

Wiggins could have got to low 70s. But no way Froome can be at his current weight.

Just look at Die Meinschaft the German national team that won the World Cup last year.

6 foot players, 31 inch waists, 39 inch chests, sprint and run all day, agility, speed, explosiveness and stamina, like the ex Tottenham now Real Madrid player Gareth Bale.

Why did we never see this physique on a soccer player in 2000? why? why not? they were training, were pros, were on big money, had nutritionists, were doping alot back then?

so why is this physique now in vogue, when they could not achieve it before?

now put bale besides christiano ronaldo, same peptides same physique
78f3cd0d094b56304f0c1a0e5a2bcc4b.jpg
From personal experience I can tell you that it's possible to be 6ft, low 70's and still carry some muscle without doping as long as you have the right frame and a bit of discipline.

I looked just like that picture of Bale in my 20's when I was racing NRS. I strongly doubt Bale is clean, but you don't need to juice for that frame.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
From the Telegraph: Brailsford said that he had not had an advance copy of the results but was “all for” greater transparency in the sport. “I buy into that, I must say,” he said.
Does anyone think DB has really not been given the results?