Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 999 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?
If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
 
Re: Re:

Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?
If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)
 
Re: Re:

ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?
If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)
I assume the thinking is that without a sympathetic cookson in post there'll be more scrutiny on him.
 
Re: Re:

simoni said:
ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?
If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)
I assume the thinking is that without a sympathetic cookson in post there'll be more scrutiny on him.
god i hope so
 
Re: Re:

simoni said:
ferryman said:
Huapango said:
Irondan said:
Huapango said:
Does anyone here think Froome is going to suffer an offseason "injury"?
Why would we think that?
If one were to think Froome's transformation has a lot to do with UCI/WADA leadershipship looking the other way, then things might be too risky for Froome in the future. So, rather than having to hang onto vehicles to get up HC climbs, he may just find a convenient excuse before the season begins.
Hopefully, I'm not still the only one not getting this. And I'm no Froome fan! But I am sort of wanting to know your thinking a bit more. Do expand a bit more buddy:)
I assume the thinking is that without a sympathetic cookson in post there'll be more scrutiny on him.
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
 
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
Surely both of those are merely him being ASO's puppet? ASO want MPCC guidelines enacted as rules, ASO want race radios banned. Seeing them as attacks specifically aimed at Sky seems ... well, like wishful thinking.
 
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
Surely both of those are merely him being ASO's puppet? ASO want MPCC guidelines enacted as rules, ASO want race radios banned. Seeing them as attacks specifically aimed at Sky seems ... well, like wishful thinking.
this
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
He has also proposed a ban on corticosteroids. Relevant to Sky given their sham TUE history and abuse of corticosteroids out of competition.
 
Re: Re:

Bronstein said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
He has also proposed a ban on corticosteroids. Relevant to Sky given their sham TUE history and abuse of corticosteroids out of competition.
agree about the TUE, but corticos out of competition can be abused and are abused by many (see riders thinness)
 
Re: Re:

Bronstein said:
pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
42x16ss said:
This is actually my thoughts as well. Leppartient seems less sympathetic to BC and Sky than Cookson and McQuaid, if so Badzhilla Boy and co. might face a touch more scrutiny.
Do you have any examples of this?
the only examples are him wanting to ban tramadol (and the immediate thought of the clinic members that JUST Sky abuses it) and race radios (same thing as tramadol)

there are no other examples for the moment. him being less sympathetic is still a wish, not a fact.
He has also proposed a ban on corticosteroids. Relevant to Sky given their sham TUE history and abuse of corticosteroids out of competition.
Give Sky's alleged cortico abuse this proposal will have zero impact as it doesn't really stop OOC abuse. Again, he's just taking the MPCC guidelines - which ASO have applauded - and talking about making them rules. With one notable difference: he is not proposing a cortisol test with a mandatory stand-down period. Or, in simple language: it's business as usual for OOC abuse.
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Give Sky's alleged cortico abuse this proposal will have zero impact as it doesn't really stop OOC abuse. Again, he's just taking the MPCC guidelines - which ASO have applauded - and talking about making them rules. With one notable difference: he is not proposing a cortisol test with a mandatory stand-down period. Or, in simple language: it's business as usual for OOC abuse.
It's really about who has the balance of power. For the national federations (read Olympics), it's the UCI. For pro sports, it's really the ASO and whatever big money is in play at the time. UCi only has legitimacy because of the Olympics, but wants a piece of pro sports $$$, so they walk a tightrope. Meh.

John Swanson
 
pastronef said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
telencefalus said:
it's OVER
What is over and why???
I think he means it´s over for SKY. Cookson gone and they will win nothing from now on :D
This is twice that questions asked of another were answered by someone else as if this someone else is clairvoyant and can read the minds of those that made the original statements. Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours? It could prove to be quite lucrative. ;)
 
Angliru said:
pastronef said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
telencefalus said:
it's OVER
What is over and why???
I think he means it´s over for SKY. Cookson gone and they will win nothing from now on :D
This is twice that questions asked of another were answered by someone else as if this someone else is clairvoyant and can read the minds of those that made the original statements. Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours? It could prove to be quite lucrative. ;)
Thank you. As for my comment up the thread, I don’t think that the wheels will fall off Sky or Froome will crash and burn, just that they won’t be able to do things like use an inhaler a few minutes before smoking everyone on a final climb without a somewhat plausible explanation.
 
Presented without comment. Marca.
Remember your first Vuelta in 2011. Are you still saying that your result [second in front of team leader Bradley Wiggins] was unexpected?

"Yes for sure. When that Vuelta began, my willingness to help the team leader, Bradley Wiggins, in the mountains was clear. After the first big mountain, I felt good, I was comfortable with the riders out in front. 'It's not bad', I told myself and that's where my process began, when I saw that I could go with the leaders and that I belonged to that group, I knew I could compete in the best races."

Have you ever analysed as to why in that specific moment and place that 'click' happened, the click that changed everything?

"Yes. I have found many reasons. I had an illness for three years before because of the bilharzia, a water virus that I contracted in Africa. In 2011 that virus began to weaken, and I started to become healthy again. I did revisions every six months and repeated the treatment.

"Another reason is that I lost enough weight, two or three kilos and that made me go further in the mountains. I also believe that I benefited from the responsibility, I had to be close to my line manager, Bradley Wiggins. Not having to be in the breaks, I became more relaxed with him in the peloton, it gave me more consistency in the last ascent. It was the first time I ran fine in the final moments."
 
I find it strange that WT cyclists who have the best medical care can be affected by Bilharzia for three years. Gee, cyclists do a full battery of tests at least once a year and additionally are tested by the UCI every three months.
 
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Presented without comment. Marca.
Remember your first Vuelta in 2011. Are you still saying that your result [second in front of team leader Bradley Wiggins] was unexpected?

"Yes for sure. When that Vuelta began, my willingness to help the team leader, Bradley Wiggins, in the mountains was clear. After the first big mountain, I felt good, I was comfortable with the riders out in front. 'It's not bad', I told myself and that's where my process began, when I saw that I could go with the leaders and that I belonged to that group, I knew I could compete in the best races."

Have you ever analysed as to why in that specific moment and place that 'click' happened, the click that changed everything?

"Yes. I have found many reasons. I had an illness for three years before because of the bilharzia, a water virus that I contracted in Africa. In 2011 that virus began to weaken, and I started to become healthy again. I did revisions every six months and repeated the treatment.

"Another reason is that I lost enough weight, two or three kilos and that made me go further in the mountains. I also believe that I benefited from the responsibility, I had to be close to my line manager, Bradley Wiggins. Not having to be in the breaks, I became more relaxed with him in the peloton, it gave me more consistency in the last ascent. It was the first time I ran fine in the final moments."
How nice.

Apparently froome does not rank his AdH 2008 himself, no?
 
Jul 5, 2009
2,440
3
0
Re:

yaco said:
I find it strange that WT cyclists who have the best medical care can be affected by Bilharzia for three years. Gee, cyclists do a full battery of tests at least once a year and additionally are tested by the UCI every three months.
The whole thing drives me mental because THAT'S NOT HOW BILHARZIA WORKS. It's not even a virus. It's a parasite that has a short life cycle. The problems are short lived and the treatment is very effective.

John Swanson
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY