• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 348 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
english

Netserk said:
I'm sorry, but posts are meant to be written in English on this forum.

netserk here is translation............

sceptic is always accusing froome , I did not say it was a shock and you know that
he won a MTF in Oman no shock he is on form , so why is being on form such a shock?
I'm not saying 'Sceptic said it was a shock' , it's just normal for Froome to win here
don't you think?

how may I judge if Froome is stronger from 1 MTF?

hope this helps?
Mark L

ebandit said:
netserk here is translation............

sceptic is always accusing froome , I did not say it was a shock and you know that
he won a MTF in Oman no shock he is on form , so why is being on form such a shock?
I'm not saying 'Sceptic said it was a shock' , it's just normal for Froome to win here
don't you think?

how may I judge if Froome is stronger from 1 MTF?

hope this helps?
Mark L

Who is it a shock to?

edit: Thanks for the translation ebandit :)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So 2014's top 5 smashed last year's top 5 for some reason, probably wind.

Where conditions are "faster", you tend to see smaller gaps between riders. 30s in 1.5km to the best GC guys here is a serious smacking. Thank god there was no headwind, could've been a real massacre.

will10 said:

Where conditions are "faster", you tend to see smaller gaps between riders. 30s in 1.5km to the best GC guys here is a serious smacking. Thank god there was no headwind, could've been a real massacre.

Have not seen todays (will have to wait until tomorrow), but there was a lot of looking at each other last year between Froome, Contador and possibly Nibali (can't fully remember if Nibali was involved)

will10 said:

Arms race.

atomic-bomb-o.gif

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
And it's only February.

what I dont get is how its possible to be at this superhuman level for 6 months and being so skinny. is it even physically possible? whatever they are doing to Froome, its some serious **** that hasnt been done before imo.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
what I dont get is how its possible to be at this superhuman level for 6 months and being so skinny. is it even physically possible? whatever they are doing to Froome, its some serious **** that hasnt been done before imo.
Are you telling me he is a victim just like Doctor Vaughters was in his days?

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
"destroyed the previous records on the climb" and "this superhuman level for 6 months"

are surely hysterical reactions to a pre-season warm up result. That said, I can see why the Giro is so attractive this year.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Froome had badzilla last year, but he's cured now, so he's way faster.

Or something.

no, after Vuelta 2013 he had a chat with Horner. With the new knowledge gained from Horner he is now even more powerful.

Valverde is already glowing, just waiting for Contador to fly again.

My regret is that Quintana and Horner are not doing TdF, could have been a great show.